The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

ATTENTION ALL NOKIA 5230 USERS

Some Members whome are claiming to retain hack of helloOX after firmware update to V20 are fake.
They are probably telling that they are retaining hack , so that other people should also update. Once you update you cannot roll back to v12.89.

I am telling you all because it happened with me. I read the previous posts and i relied on them , then i updated my firmware to v20. After update when i tried to install apps which were unsigned, i got the same old certificate error. I unhacked my phone and then removed rompacher and then again i tried. This time i was unable to install it, it shows "installing root certificate " and it goes on.

If you guys want new ovi maps and kinetic scrolling then only get this update.
If you want to install apps all the time then stay on v12.89.

I wish somebody posted a reply , as i am posting.

NikoBellick said:
I am telling you all because it happened with me. I read the previous posts and i relied on them , then i updated my firmware to v20. After update when i tried to install apps which were unsigned, i got the same old certificate error.
Was your phone hacked in v12 ? If yes, then did you activate 'InstallServer Patch" from ROM Patcher ?
NikoBellick said:
I unhacked my phone and then removed rompacher and then again i tried. This time i was unable to install it, it shows "installing root certificate " and it goes on.
If your phone was hacked, then why did you remove ROM Patcher ? That would have anyways not solved the problem !

Was your phone hacked in v12 ? If yes, then did you activate 'InstallServer Patch" from ROM Patcher ?

YES

If your phone was hacked, then why did you remove ROM Patcher ? That would have anyways not solved the problem !

To Check that if hack was possible after update

NikoBellick said:
YES

To Check that if hack was possible after update

hi Niko . i had also mentioned before in this thread that new firmware is unhackable but this weekend i tried again with same patch file and it worked , it got hacked again :hap2:

i will say just try once more ,may be it will work for you

PS: vodafone HS still dint worked though orange 1 working smoothly

i tried million times . I restarted then i tried to install but the same thing happens , it stucks at installing root certificate. In the background i see hellox and black screen upto unmapping but when the screen pops up installing root certificate then in the background menu screen appears. It feels like the process is taking place correctly but when it tries to install the root certificate file then the updated unhacakable fix done by nokia comes into play.

@SRIRAMA

yes. Outdoor pictures under bright light has significantly improved. :)

@niko

do a hard reset and then try again.

@sabby congrats, i have done hard reset after reading your reply, and guess what ?

now it stucks at unmapping drive. all my inbox is empty. all those apps which were unsigned and installed when helloox worked are gone.

You dont even know what a Hard Reset is ?.
U did all things which u dint know about clearly.
First u upgraded n screwed up ur phone (It works the hack retains , i did it on 3 handsets . U probably made some mistake while doing it.) , and now did a hard reset without knowing the consequences. There are many guides abt this, u shud have googled it made a backup n then proceed.Never do things when u dont know enough abt it.

For now only one solution i can think of is ,if nokia care can reflash ur phone with v12 firmware.

dont ever try to teach me how to hack. I think i should have googled about retaining the hack rather than relying on your post. if you google about retaining hack you will see thousands of peoples are having the same problem of stucking at installing root certificate. I think i , those peoples and nokia employees are much more smarter than you.

who told you i did not take a backup of everything. But now how can i install the apps without signing them. You are definetly faking around. Or some kind of alien.

Well mine is updated to v20 n still retaining the hack. :tongue: ,u dont know a sh@# abt the whole process n now blaming others, when it dint worked as u thought. I never asked u to do it. It was ur discretion. and then the hard reset :rofl: .
We are here to help each other , i wud indeed like to help u if u stop blaming me. :hap2:

for your kind information, i posted coz i wanted to help our community . I dont want to make our community members running to nokia care as instructed by you. If you know a sh&t about the whole process then you must have not asked me to go to nokia care. We provide first hand help to our members and we are informed and updated people about tech. As a matter of fact i am a CS student and hardcore techie so dont mess around and use abusive language with me.

@Niko---- We dont need your help or no help in TE. What if u r a CS student :rofl:.....I have seen 1000s of retards who have even masters in CS ? You are just a noobie ...dont get it ,...then go away ? We all dont need your info and rants in this thread.

As a matter of fact i am a CS student and hardcore techie so dont mess around and use abusive language with me.

Can I take a hardcore interview of u plz :rofl:...or u need some more from us :haha:

Also some posts and threads of the hardcore techie :p

http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/help-me-in-buying-graphics-card-155674.html

no man i have 1X8 pin , which is needed to be plugged in mobo, 1x6 pin and 1x4pin , which are not used till now. As for GTX 260 it requires 2X6pin molex plugged into it.

Thnx guys . But Suggest me some more cards.

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/is-there-problem-psu-ups-compatibility-156525.html

There is no problem in confessing something and asking for help....but getting cocky and professing " I am a hardcore techie" is taking urself down :p...Btw I guess you must be from Kolkata :p

LOl ya lamer :p.....that the only 4 letter word that u cocky noobies know. You better be at TDF forums :p

i am a CS student and hardcore techie so dont mess around and use abusive language with me

I can still stop laughing :rofl:

Back