The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

Can anyone suggest me a good download manager application for my 5230. I remember using an application (name forgot) in my 6630 phone wherein i just pasted the download link and it used to download it.

raksrules said:
Can anyone suggest me a good download manager application for my 5230. I remember using an application (name forgot) in my 6630 phone wherein i just pasted the download link and it used to download it.
I use this
Resumes download even after connection is dropped.
it also acts as a web browser plugin which makes it automatically download a file as soon as you click the download link in your web browser!
Not loaded with features but does the job well.;)

Best download manager/accelerator for Symbian OS 9.x phones! Working & tested!!!

Need help guys!

I have a Nokia 5233 and installed Powermp3 for S60v5. It was working fine till I installed a skin for Powermp3. I applied the new skin and got a blank white screen.

There is no problem with the phone at all. The only problem is that I am no longer able to use Powermp3 as I get blank white screen whenever I open it.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software.. didnt help. any suggestions???:(

Another improvement I noticed yesterday, the GPS is more stable and I can get around 6-8 satellites within 2 minutes without using network. :)

@sabby absolutely correct. I get a gps lock within 20 seconds. And the signal levels are also good even inside my house.

@all As for the hacking part, i am more than happy after getting an application for myself. Its called free signer. You just need to get your certificate and key , then install this app in your phone and copy those certification and key file in your phone. Now you can run this app and sign an unsigned app anytime.

sabby said:
Another improvement I noticed yesterday, the GPS is more stable and I can get around 6-8 satellites within 2 minutes without using network. :)

But doesn't it ask you initially for GPRS access for the first time ? It does for me, saying it needs to connect to positioning server. I happens in any app that uses GPS, be it Ovi maps or Garmin XT

Well, before updating to this firmware, my settings for GPS was Integrated only. Even in the newer app, you can go to settings -> Internet -> Offline to avoid any data charges. Although you probably have an UL data plan so you can use that facility to get the satellite lock faster.

NikoBellick said:
@all As for the hacking part, i am more than happy after getting an application for myself. Its called free signer. You just need to get your certificate and key , then install this app in your phone and copy those certification and key file in your phone. Now you can run this app and sign an unsigned app anytime.

Can you please give step by step process & URL to download this app ?

Alright Here is step by step guide.

1. Create an account at this site- Symbian Certificate Application and software online signing - OPDA.CN

2. Apply for certificate providing your IMEI correctly.And Wait for 24 Hrs to get your certificate ready.

3. Sign in and download the two files with extensions .cer and .key

4. You will see a link called signing softs. Click it .

5. Download the app called free signer.

6. Sign it .

{ You Can Sign it on the same site. Just follow the steps

1. Click on my certificate.

2. Click in signing.

3. Upload the downloaded free signer .

4. It will sign it automatically, now download the signed one.

}

7. Install this free signer.

8. Move the two files that you had downloaded earlier.(.cer & .key) into your phones memory card.

9. Run the app .

10. Go to settings and select signing certificate.

11. Browse and select the file which has .cer extension.

12. Select signing key.

13. Browse and select the file which has .key extension.

Thats it u r done.

Now you can run the app and select any app installation file on your phone(mem Card) and sign it without the problem of signing them on internet everytime.

I hope i was able to help you.

Is there any good emulator sort of for the 5230 by using which we can run those games we used to play on that cartridge console (mario and all). Also i read a lot about vodafone homescreens and now i want to try it myself. My phone is unhacked and latest firmware so is there any way i can put in my phone and can anyone give me link (PM or here) to download it for a unhacked phone

Well i think if somebody wanted to do some foul play after getting your imei then they would have already done it. What somebody can do with your imei is they can know about the handset which you are using. And about doing anythin else they need the goverment authority.
If you have any other query. I will be happy to help.

^ Search for MameXM, ScummVM, Frodo. ;)

You will most likely find an unsigned file. You'll need to self-sign it if your phone isn't hacked.

^ Emulators for arcade games, commodore 64 games.

Dunno how they work, haven't tried them personally.

Oh, have a look at Antsnes too. It's an SNES emulator. :D

Back