The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

To increase your battery life, calibrate it once a month.

1. Switch off your mobile.

2. Charge fully.

3. Take out the battery and let it rest for 15 minutes.

4. Put back the battery and charge again.

After full charge, SWITCH ON the mobile. :)

sabby said:
To increase your battery life, calibrate it once a month.

1. Switch off your mobile.

2. Charge fully.

3. Take out the battery and let it rest for 15 minutes.

4. Put back the battery and charge again.

After full charge, SWITCH ON the mobile. :)

Where did you get this tip from ??? Or your own observation ?? :O

Srirama said:
guys i heard that the camera has been improved,with considerable noise reduction on the v20 firmware.

can anyone confirm this?

Do not use camera so no idea.

Btw guys suggest some fundoo apps and games for our 5230/5233 babies. Dont ask me what i mean by fundoo, just some good apps i mean.

hey guyz my brother has lost his 5233 and he doesnt have the bill now

though he has the box at his place in baroda but he is currently in mumbai

wat shud he do ?

plz help

Is there any application using which one can test SIS files on computer ?

Kind of Symbian Emulator..

Just want to test the app on comp before signing it & transferring to mobile.

swastikrj said:

wat shud he do ?

plz help

Lost is lost ,what will be the use of a bill:S.The best thing he can do is buy a new mobile :p

swastikrj said:

wat shud he do ?

plz help

Cant you get the IMEI number over telephone from somebody who has access to the box at Baroda. Once you get it, file an FIR, preferably with cyber cell of police.

Metalspree said:
Lost is lost ,what will be the use of a bill:S.The best thing he can do is buy a new mobile :p

It is better to file an FIR to be on the safe side and there is possibility of getting it back.

^^ without the bill the police will hardly be any cooperative . To file an FIR they need the proof that u had bought the cell and the bill is the only thing they accept.

Bought Nokia 5233 for Rs. 5700 from ebay.in today using a 10% coupon.:eek:hyeah:

Lets see how it goes for me. I am betting on you guys to get some cool apps and games. Cheers!!

For some reason my nokia messaging email setup starts a few times in the day automatically and that page where it lists all the emails like yahoo, gmail, ovi mail etc. In this it uses my data default connection mobile office. Why so and how do i stop it from self starting.

@raks

Set the property of your connection Acess after confirmation. :)

@ALL 5230/5233 user

I found a serious bug in the messaging. The updated contacts don't reflect in the messages. For example, if you've got a message from an unknown number and then save it, the message still would show that number as sender for the existing/future message instead of showing the saved name. Same after updating an existing contact. :(

^ It happens for that first message, but after that it should show the name.

However, I also faced a funny issue yesterday. I received a message from one of my contacts and there was no name, like unknown number. I thought it was unknown number and sent a message to ask who it was, when I sent it I saw the person's name. :S

For the next message from that person, it showed the name correctly.

raksrules said:
Btw guys suggest some fundoo apps and games for our 5230/5233 babies. Dont ask me what i mean by fundoo, just some good apps i mean.
Use Gravity for Twitter and Facebook. Resco Photo Viewer for basic photo editing.

how much would the new body cost(5230). my phone fell off a running bus. damage, nice looking dents on the display, back and on curvy edges. display broken. phone powers up though.:p

Back