The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

ggt said:
The thing is when you do a hard reset the registry gets reset.

So irrespective of the programs installed on your memory card you wont be seeing them in the app manager.

The hard reset is equivalent to format on the pc.

I hope you get my point.
But last time when i did a hard reset i got all my programs back albeit my custom folders were gone and all apps were showing in "Installed Apps" folder. Here too i have got many of my apps back and many are missing now :S

I do not think you did a hard reset.
Searched on net and found that in a hard reset on a symbian nokia the phone memory is formatted and the os is loaded through the .ini files through the phones rom memory.
If you still have apps installed i guess you did a soft reset.
The apps still there means those installed through the ovi store.

^^ I had also thought so but some of the apps remaining are Garmin XT (which is ahem version), screensnap, panchang etc etc. I am 100% sure i did a hard reset (camera + green + red button holding and restarting the phone). Will need to now think what all apps i need to install again.

Yeah,Happenend to me too,downloading the apps again from ovi store did not work either,i had to resort to downloading apps from dailymobile.se,and self signing them.

Also anyone heard of this dayhand input?,Im unable to try as i lost my .key file :(

Someone please get back after trying it :)

I have a query regarding the network strength shown in phone and what is shown on the PC suite. In my phone it is showing full network strength while on my PC suite application, i am only able to see half green bar on PC suite side. Why that is the case and does it anyways matter with regards to internet speed etc ??

ggt said:
That i think is memory space bar and not signal strength not sure though
Oh yes it is memory bar. How dumb of me :ashamed: :dumbo:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Is there any application which can tell me the signal strength of my phone at any particular time when i fire that app ?

I am not talking about signal strength in terms of bars but in terms of dBm (or whatever it is) values.

comp@ddict said:
How to hard-reset and what does it do?

Hard reset means, resetting your phone software to how it came from factory. Basically it wipes off everything from your phone memory (not memory card but dont take changes and remove the memory card before hard resetting). Your contacts, messages, settings, phone memory installed programs everything will go.

We usually do the hard reset when there are issues not resolved after trying everything.

In order to hard reset 5230/5233, turn off the phone, hold down the Red, green and camera button and while holding them, restart the phone and hold it until the screen where your country is asked.

Remember to backup your phone data before hard-resetting.

Thanks a lot. Also tell me what is this RM5xx something numbers. And how do I find out my mobile's RM- no. whatever?

W/o it I cant use CFWs cuz I dunno which RM to download

^ Dial *#0000#. At the end of the list it will show 'Type' with your RM-XXX no.

I had tried the dayhand input and I didn't find it to be that great. Although a couple of features is pretty good.

I have been using the latest Swype version for a few days now. I was skeptical for trying it out again after seeing how horrible it was on earlier versions. But the latest version is really great. Typing is much faster and easier with the latest version. I recommend everyone to try it out.

raksrules said:
Ok guys found something really weird today.
I was charging my phone in switched off mode and still that Ovi core app tried to access the internet. It was the Mobi guard / Netqin AV software which denied the access.
How come it starts even when phone is turned off but charging. Quiet weird.
Reiterating my above statement, just some time back i had kept my phone to charge with phone turned off. At this time, one should see the white screen with Nokia written and indication of phone getting charged. This happened but after some time, below thing came. Mind you, the phone is actually switched off. Seems that when charging in off mode, the phone becomes partially on.

2w21lbn.jpg

comp@ddict said:
Thats NetQuin running, why u use such software man??? I never faced any issues on my handset, WITHOUT these softies
I use it weekly for deleting system spam files,i generally get 1-2Mb of internal memory space back,to clean out Ram utilization and stuff.

Actually it is quite a good piece of software.

Also,I wanted to ask.

I had charged my phone overnight to a complete charge.

The first day i did not use it much,only few texts and a couple of calls.

So the battery was sill showing full,the next day morning.

Again did few texts,a call of 5 minutes,and some 20 minutes of music.

It was still showing full battery by 1pm.

But suddenly from around 1:20pm to 2pm.

It went from full to ZERO.

No charge at all.

Seriously,did this happen to anyone else?

^^ Sometimes i has happened with me. Sudden drops in battery level. But that was just one off case.

Now it happens more prominently when using EDGE over 3.5G connection at my home (still i get 2G speeds only :p :-[).

For a long time the battery drop may be like 1 bar less or 2 bars but after some time its like only 1 bar remains and i get the battery low warning.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

comp@ddict said:
Thats NetQuin running, why u use such software man??? I never faced any issues on my handset, WITHOUT these softies
In my handset there are apps which connect to internet without my permission and even many a times when i am using net on phone or PC, i get error message that "maximum number of connections......" because multiple applications are trying to connect to internet themselves.

So what is do is that before starting any internet activity, i go to Netqin mobi guard and close all apps and then i dont get any such issues.

Also,I wanted to ask.

I had charged my phone overnight to a complete charge.

The first day i did not use it much,only few texts and a couple of calls.

So the battery was sill showing full,the next day morning.

Again did few texts,a call of 5 minutes,and some 20 minutes of music.

It was still showing full battery by 1pm.

But suddenly from around 1:20pm to 2pm.

It went from full to ZERO.

No charge at all.

I get the phone to full charge after dead battery(use till it shuts off) in 1 hour 30 minutes flat. And after that I get more than 54 hours clocked use with Opera, Texting, Gaming and using Orange Tsunami, connecting to PC etc etc

Back