The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

comp@ddict said:
Hmm, one more thing. I cant seem to view SMILEY's that my 2 year old Nokia 6233 can happily view and send. Is there an app for sending simleys via txt messages or am I missing something here?
No there are no smiley facility in messaging on the 5230/5233 :( Too bad they missed out. My 4 year old sony ericsson w800i too has smileys

manu1991 said:
That's strange , try re-encoding the songs to some other format and see if they are added . Number of songs is not the problem , I have 350+ songs in my phone .

also has anyone tried the Spark home screen , looks interesting :
*Spark My Phone
Tried this and uninstalled it within 5 min. May be good for people who are always on FB and twitter. Not for me.

Ok so will do the modding today.

1. hard mode. Restart by pressing cam + receive + end call button right ?

2. What else ?:p :S

What I am planning : Install Samsung Omnia mod + Loads of apps. Quick Office + games + video player (please suggest)

Umm guys a problem, earlier the album art used to be displayed in the "All Songs" list. It's still displayed when I look up playlists or albums or artists. Just that the album art doesnt show up beside the song name in the songs list under "All Songs"
Whats the issue? I dont get it??? It's not a problem but it really looks bland now and if it was showing before, why not now???

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Srirama said:
No new updates on the firmware front for the nokia 5230,as of now.
i thought the 5230 and 5233 ran on the same firmware..

Did a hard mod today and lost all the internet application :( Now even there are none for 5235 in the OVI store.:( How do I get them back.

EDIT : NVM got some of them form OVI. BTW which video player ?

^^Yes, it says for me too...

HELP ME HERE:

Umm guys a problem, earlier the album art used to be displayed in the "All Songs" list. It's still displayed when I look up playlists or albums or artists. Just that the album art doesnt show up beside the song name in the songs list under "All Songs"

Whats the issue? I dont get it??? It's not a problem but it really looks bland now and if it was showing before, why not now???

Dark Star said:
The Facebook app (Nokia ) is not working . Any way to get it back ? The one in the OVI store says its not for your phone :(

Yup same problem here,I have resorted to using facebook via opera mini now :(

Back