The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

installed java runtime 2.0 but still no luck.infact it ate into my phone memory.the java games still take ages to load.will a cfw(aov mega mod,prefarably) solve this issue?

comp@ddict said:
Hmm kay smartmovie, and one more question. How do i get over the maximum limit of 35seconds for a video recording? It seems I'm capped at 35s, when clip length is already set to max.
Are you sure that the default storage location for the video is memory card ? I have'nt faced any problem as such. The largest video I have recorded till date is well over 8-10 minutes.
@raks,

Thanks for your input :)

^^sabby I'll check..

wait it's memory card and i have 880MB free space. Also, if i load .3gp videos from my comp and try to play, they dont.... bad part is i tried downloading a .3gp from a *ahem site* and it works... I'm lyk WTF!!!! My 5230 is horny.

Try one thing. Switch on your camera, turn into video mode then options -> restore camera settings. Then manually change the destination ( saving ) to memory card. See what happens and let us know.

I got one of the variants of Orange HS working :D....anyone has an idea how to move those boxes or delete them from the Home Screen once they are added. I got that control once but not sure how to invoke it again ?

Also which variant is the best ? Any suggestions. I am suing the Windows 7 one. Also to install a new HS I uninstall the previous Tsunami and install new one but it still loads old one only. How to remove both Tsunami + tornado completely ?

@ Supra

Using stylus/finger keep pressing the icon of orange HS which you want to delete, a tools and red cross sign will come on each of the icons allowing you to edit / delete the icon from homescreen.

In order to move the icons, repeat same process of keeping the icon tapped (pressed state) for extended time and all icons will have a blue outline which means they are ready to be moved around.

Then just tap anywhere on screen when you want to get out of all this after you have done with your customization.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Btw where did you download the HS from ? dailymobile SE ?

I dont care about the wallpaper, just icons and etc will matter :)

Supra said:
I got one of the variants of Orange HS working :D....anyone has an idea how to move those boxes or delete them from the Home Screen once they are added. I got that control once but not sure how to invoke it again ?

Also which variant is the best ? Any suggestions. I am suing the Windows 7 one. Also to install a new HS I uninstall the previous Tsunami and install new one but it still loads old one only. How to remove both Tsunami + tornado completely ?
Just keep holding the box for 2 seconds and the option will come.

Great find. Thanks. Just yesterday, I was trying to add stations to the S60 Internet Radio app. I think this makes things a lot easier.

New problem. I'm synced some new songs, but for some freaky reason, they refuse to get added to the library, despite refreshing. It's happened to some songs only. I mena the last two songs i synced, one came in the library.

I've hit some 150 songs, is it that the library is getting 2 big or something?

That's strange , try re-encoding the songs to some other format and see if they are added . Number of songs is not the problem , I have 350+ songs in my phone .

Just discovered yesterday that swype is available for s60v5 since quite a few days . I wasn't aware till now , in case anyone is interested :

Swype for Symbian - brought to you by Nokia | Beta Labs

also has anyone tried the Spark home screen , looks interesting :

http://www.sparkmyphone.com/

@compaddict

There's no limit for the number of songs ( I have 750+ ). just refresh your library and then restart if needed. Also check the extensions. the default music player is not able to play FLAC :|

The 523X successor is finally here. The C5-03 touch screen based phone with new looks, and wlan inbuilt. Still thrives on Symbian S60 5th ed aka Symbian ^1.

Launched in India for about ~10k

Yes it does , it functions in a totally different way , you have to slide across all the letters , see the video and you will understand

^^ Yes i am aware how swype works and i have tried using the Slide IT software but i am never able to get it right :( May be i need more practice :)

Hmm, one more thing. I cant seem to view SMILEY's that my 2 year old Nokia 6233 can happily view and send. Is there an app for sending simleys via txt messages or am I missing something here?

Back