The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

raksrules said:
In Nokia 5230 using opera mini like apps when we need to download any file and specify a save location why do we see like this

Phone Memory

Phone Memory

Memory Card

Memory Card

That is twice both the things :S
i was told by one of my friends that opera mini cannot makeout between a ROM and RAM memory thus you get the multiple entries. not sure about it though.

Hey guys,

I have updated my software on my 5230. Now how do i use my GPS service. could someone guide through a step by step guide or post some link for it.

Is there any bandwidth measuring and keeping track of data usage software for the 5230 ?

I know there is default log available but still anything more available ?

^the connection meter shows you the current speeds when online apart from that the data log is pretty accurate.
Why would then you need a software for that.
Also in call log there is another column you get on the right which mentions all the details of all connections data, voice, sms etc.
I think that should be enough. :)

Yesterday when i connected my 5230 to PC using PC suite it said that PC suite support on phone should be updated to support new features and told that i should accept all installation requests on phone.

I am sure i have done this successfully before but yesterday i got an error on phone saying something like "KERN: MCEX Error" (something similar). Anyone else got such an error ?

Quick help needed guys, I'm thinking of gifting the Nokia 5233 to my brother as his old 3110c is playing all sorts of nasty tricks. So all I need to know is what is the exact price of this phone & are there any known issues which could turn out to be a deal breaker?

I don't want my brother to end up with a phone which would cough up with freezing and random rebooting issues within a year of usage. His plans are mostly to use it for music and SMS storing. BTW, would buying from Ebay be a cheaper option or stores would be recommended?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

I just uninstalled my previous version of Netqin mobile guard and installed one from the ovi store. It got installed fine but i am not able to activate the software. Says you are not authorized to use this software :S

Why so inspite of this being a freeware ??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ok found a weird solution on ipmart forums. Just turn off phone and turn on after few minutes and it will be activated :)

I just installed opera mobile 10 on my 5230 from the opera website. But whenever i start the same, it just pops up a message as
'unable to connect. Please review your network settings'. Then there is only the exit button.
So in a way i can no way access the opera mobile at all. Any idea why such thing is happening ?

raksrules said:
I just installed opera mobile 10 on my 5230 from the opera website. But whenever i start the same, it just pops up a message as
'unable to connect. Please review your network settings'. Then there is only the exit button.
So in a way i can no way access the opera mobile at all. Any idea why such thing is happening ?
Check for permissions in settings. I think the network setting may be disabled.

ggt said:
Check for permissions in settings. I think the network setting may be disabled.
How do you check that ?

I went to settings -> Application Mgr - > Installed Apps -> Opera Mobile and checked its options and there is nothing to check those settings. I have observed that for say opera mini 5 (java app) i do get something like "suite settings" but there is none for opera mobile or for rather any symbian installed app :S

This is what the screen looks like

scr000025dw.th.jpg

Ok so i just uninstalled the opera mobile 10 and installed opera mobile 10.1 beta and that is working fine it seems :)

Here guys, have a look at my Nokia 5230 customised:-

Scr000002.jpg

Scr000003.jpg

Scr000004.jpg

Scr000005.jpg

Scr000009.jpg

Scr000010.jpg

Scr000011.jpg

Scr000013.jpg

Scr000014.jpg

raksrules said:
Is there any bandwidth measuring and keeping track of data usage software for the 5230 ?
I know there is default log available but still anything more available ?
go to symbian-nuts.com

u'll find what u want

^^ You are using the SPB mobile shell software on your phone.

I too had installed the same but this thing is memory and battery hogger and hence i no longer use it.

Instead i switched to Orange Tsunami Home screen.

I had a gain of almost 20 MB of RAM while normal phone operation after removing this thing.

Thanks for the link buddy. It is great site for many softwares.

Back