The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

ggt said:
how much time does it take to get a certificate?

i have applied for it 4 days ago still status mentioned is applying.

I have been wait from past 2 weeks

stilling getting applying

Any other site for certificate ?

raksrules said:
Just a rant.....the display outside of this phone is totally useless and i cannot see anything on the phone screen.

My friend yesterday showed me his blackberry and proudly flaunted the display in bright sunlight. No difference at all, super viewing on that.

5230 sucks in that aspect :mad::mad::mad:
Was it a touch screen ? You do realize that touch screen phones (atleast conventional (resistive TFT screens) ones) have an extra layer over them to recognize touch inputs which adds a lot of glare and thus reduces sunlight visibility .

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/Sun_sun_sun_And_I_cant_see_a_thing_on_my_phone.php

ggt said:
how much time does it take to get a certificate?
i have applied for it 4 days ago still status mentioned is applying.
gaganjain said:
I have been wait from past 2 weeks
stilling getting applying
Any other site for certificate ?
I am not sure why this is happening because i remember getting the certificate within just 1 day. Try creating a new ID and upload the details etc again and see what happens.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

manu1991 said:
Was it a touch screen ? You do realize that touch screen phones (atleast conventional (resistive TFT screens) ones) have an extra layer over them to recognize touch inputs which adds a lot of glare and thus reduces sunlight visibility .

Sun, sun, sun. And I can't see a thing on my phone! - All About Symbian Feature
No No that was a blackberry without touch screen. Guess that is the reason. Even my 4.5 year old SE w800i has better visibility under sun vis-a-vis 5230.
Is there any touch screen phone today have very good display even in sunlight ?
The next time i buy a TS phone i am gonna have this outdoor visibility as an important criteria.

I am not sure why this is happening because i remember getting the certificate within just 1 day. Try creating a new ID and upload the details etc again and see what happens.
Have done that too...still no use....:mad:

I want to buy an additional battery for my 5230. Can anyone suggest me any inexpensive option and from where to buy ? Originals i am sure will cost a bomb so need some alternatives.

The battery used in this phone is BL-5J 1320 mAh 3.7v 4.9Wh

Don't buy a duplicate battery for your own safety - a Original Nokia should not cost more than 700 Bucks.

BTW

I've lost(stolen) my 2nd 5230/5233 within last two month (seems that this model is pretty popular among thieves). I have 2 original Nokia charger, 2 USB cable, 2 backplates, one car holder, one headset in new or almost new condition - if anybody interested I'll start a sell thread.

@archat68, I am looking for a car holder and 2 backplates. Would you please quote your price and based on that, I can confirm so that we can make a deal :)

I've got the cert, key file today,got hellox signed, installed hellox but the hellox app gets stuck at installing cert root for about 2 hours so cancelled it, any possible fixes?

ggt said:
I've got the cert, key file today,got hellox signed, installed hellox but the hellox app gets stuck at installing cert root for about 2 hours so cancelled it, any possible fixes?
Same here...

Don't know why ? But phone work no hang up it work[can attend calls ]

It show unpacking..it goes on and on....

with cer and key file you now just need to freesigner sis file and the signer software to be used only once to sign the freesigner.sis using pc.
Do the following...
1. Download the pc signer software from the same website where you got the cer and key files.
2. From the same site also download the freesigner.sis file.
3. Now install the pc software and locate the key and cer files on your machine and sign the freesigner.sis file. Now your work with the pc software is done.
4. Now install the freesigner.sis file in your phone and also copy the cer and key files on your phone.
5. Now you can use this phone app to sign all your sis(x) files. Be reminded to tell the phone installed app the location of your cer and key files.

ggt said:
gaganjain said:
Same here...

Don't know why ? But phone work no hang up it work[can attend calls ]

It show unpacking..it goes on and on....

Have both of you updated to the latest firmware ? I don't think it will be compatible with the latest firmware.

raksrules said:
with cer and key file you now just need to freesigner sis file and the signer software to be used only once to sign the freesigner.sis using pc.
Do the following...
1. Download the pc signer software from the same website where you got the cer and key files.
2. From the same site also download the freesigner.sis file.
3. Now install the pc software and locate the key and cer files on your machine and sign the freesigner.sis file. Now your work with the pc software is done.
4. Now install the freesigner.sis file in your phone and also copy the cer and key files on your phone.
5. Now you can use this phone app to sign all your sis(x) files. Be reminded to tell the phone installed app the location of your cer and key files.
that means i have to install the phone app of sis signer?
and the setup to be sored in phone and run from phone?
on the site i requested sign soft requests and signed the orange tsunami themes on it.
the theme got installed on the phone but no such icons appeared.:(

currently i am travelling. will post details later. And yes you are right that you need to install the freesigner.sis file in your phone and then in future you wont need any pc software to sign your apps. just place your to be signed sis in you memory card of phone, use the in phone app to sign the sis, it will create another file with _signed suffixed to original name. now use this signed file to install the software.

Back