The Photography Thread !

Anish said:
Okay its that time of the year when everybody gets to see my highly elusive shots! :p

I'd like to call this one, very simply, SPLASH!

Canon EOS 40D + Canon 50mm f/1.8 @ 1/3200 sec, f/2, ISO-400, -1/3EV.

Shot in natural daylight (As always :))

C&C Most welcome.

P.S. - I know its not sharp, mmm-kay! Its hard for my 40D also to focus on the splash without controlled studio lighting and this was my 106th attempt (Not kidding!)

u think it's just ohk ?? i find simply amazing !! only if the position of the bowl/pot wouldve been better..

other than that i just loved !!loved !! the pic.. those 106 attempts were worth it :p

by the way how did you totally focus on the object and made the background blurred ?focus ??

when will i get a decent digicam and get to shoot some nice snaps :(

Anish use a tripod :rofl:. You'd get that shot in far less attempts and f/2 will obviously have a very very shallow DOF. Easier would have been a longer focal length, higher f-number.

^ I did use a tripod duh, it would've been next to impossible. As for f/2, well I needed a quick shutter and I wanted the smooth bokeh.

I tried everything from f2-11 and 2 caught my eye. I hate to admit it, but its not as sharp as I like cause I probably need a L prime. Bahh.

Crazy little bug in Coorg:

IMG_0159.JPG

Nice shot Anish! What did you chuck in there? Wish my Fz18 could go below 1/2000 :(

@TH

What is that?! Looks cartoony :lol: Great pic though :)

A busy road in Delhi on Sunday midnight.

Shot with Canon 590IS, touched amateurishly in photoshop and scaled down to 1024X768 from 1600X1200. It is only now that I have started to play with shutter speed and other related stuff. So, the balance is not that great in the pic. Hope to do a better job next time :)

morgoth said:
Shot with Canon 590IS, touched amateurishly in photoshop and scaled down to 1024X768 from 1600X1200. It is only now that I have started to play with shutter speed and other related stuff. So, the balance is not that great in the pic. Hope to do a better job next time :)

A tad bit overexposed man. Theres that big cluster of light right in the middle. Reduce the aperture and shutter speed a little next time :)

Well, finally moved my lazy butt to post some pics that were taken from a hill near my village in Goa. Some PP done on all the images.

But first off - Great pic Anish ! Really worth all those 105 previous attempts to get it right !

@Soggy - Nice tiger ! but the face blends in the background a bit.
This pic is not upto your high standards IMHO. :mad:

@Hmasalia - Nice pics ! But have to agree with Soggy on this one since the tree branch is more distracting in this case. :) The fourth pic for me is the best of the lot ! I am actually a sucker for sunsets as you can see from the pics I posted ! :ashamed:

C & C are most welcome ! :)

nice pics BF1983 i loved the 1st and 3rd pic..

but why did u cut out the bark of the tree in the 3rd one ? :p IMO it would look better if the bark of tree was there :)

but still some really good photography .

@BF1983, Anish, and eveyrone taking my case: Here's the deal. I haven't had the time to use the A300 at ALL. :( Only taken test shots with it, nothing of any value or anything close to what I usually post. Am swamped with work, but hopefully the situation should improve soon. :)

BUT, I have had many a chance to test the f2.8 17-50 lens in lowlight situations, but all of the photos are portraits...am a bit finicky about posting pictures of people in public forums. I'll see what I can post here, but suffice to say that they are beautiful portraits with loads of creamy bokeh. :D

Apologies.
Payne

Dad went for a hiking trip for a couple of weeks. Some 4000 photos were taken by the entire group during that period. This sequence of photos were taken on my dad's friends camera which I put together in CS3. Someone needs to turn off timestamps and I need to spend some time photoshopping them out :p

Around that same time, our camera was being used by me. The photos haven't come out well at all.

That is Trafalgar square across the river from the London Eye. Roamed about till Buckingham palace and saw a short parade that morning. I was staying very close to Waterloo station.

Back