The Photography Thread !

some more from my side

DSCF3593.jpg

DSCF3595.jpg

DSCF3586.jpg

@kranthi: No offense, but unless that is your best photo ever cuz it's of a really tasty martini that photo is far from "great". Next time, try not to use flash and get some more of the ambience into the shot - probably the table, some overhead lights, some people. It'd be a low-shutter, high ISO shot but it'd still be worth it in terms of photography and not just for the martini. :)

@praka: Try straightening those horizons a bit! All the shots are at an angle...take some time to take the next shot. :)

@Sunnyboi: Niice, almost wallpaper quality. Why don't you use any other app (MS Picture Manager sucks at resizing - no sharpening and huge loss of detail!)?

(ducks to avoid the stones being thrown for not posting photos!)
Payne

PS: This is from my work laptop. So please to excuse. :D

Here are some shots from the A300.

Disclaimer: This is not for any great photographic quality or composition. More for posting some sample shots from my new toy. :eek:hyeah:
I can't post the atleast 50+ portraits I have of various people (beautiful ones!), cuz am not too comfortable posting people pictures in public forums. :D
For those who want to view full-size snaps, you're free to visit my flickr page as seen in my sig.

Golden Buddha - ISO 400, F4.0, 24mm, 1/30
2657654505_6d4e075704.jpg

Minor league football - ISO 400, f2.8, 1/20
2658531610_3180c18a49.jpg

UP Folk - ISO 400, f4.0, 1/60
2657654511_0a1737522d.jpg

Droplets - ISO 800, f2.8, 1/60
2657654515_a6e8c650c9.jpg

Almost dark - ISO 3200, 1/3, f2.8
2657654523_01c45368fb.jpg

(I know it's highly NR'ed by the camera but it is still very impressive performance for someone coming from a P&S. :D )

Nepali Rickshaw - ISO 200, 1/40, f22
2657654529_5c6cb8a323.jpg

Overall, I love the speed and high ISO performance of both the camera and the very fast lens. 50mm at f2.8 is a joy to use indoors for people shots with great bokeh!

I'll be posting a set in my flickr page with portraits soon. Please check them out then!
Payne

gannu said:
Loved the Golden Buddha shot; :D
Payne is that u on that pic??? :p

No da. Can't you see the difference from my avatar? :D
Don't go OT boy!

A picture to keep up with the thread. :D

Another portrait!
2657738911_9c3b0e77bd.jpg

ISO 400, 1/30, 50mm, f2.8

Payne

_pappu_ said:
^^dont post the flickr pics 1 by 1 :)

Then what should I post? :S I have to upload to flickr and only then post right? ;) Having said that, no more human shots! :D 'cept this to show off the sharpness of the lens. >>

F14, flash.

Scary innit? :D
Payne

^^ Umm. That's my eye? Shot with the A300 + Tamron 17-50 at f14 with flash. :) It's a 100% crop of a 10MP jpeg shot. Not even RAW. Am yet to try RAW with this camera 'cuz I don't have my desktop with me right now!

Crazy detail right? :D
Payne

^^Damn it; :O

Can clearly see the innards of the pupil including the flash on the black thing inside the apple [bah messa not into medical stuff :|];

Wickedness!! :O

The A300 is like a DSLR for dummies. :D Considering it's performance which is light years ahead of the H2, it's even easier to use than the H2. What I do miss from the H2 are: the AF-assist lamp (helps a ton in total darkness), the Liveview in low-light (the A300 is nowhere close to a typical P&S which "gains up" in lowlight), and obviously the monster zoom. :D But that should be solved quickly with my next lens. :p

As of now, the f2.8 Tamron keeps me happy. :)
Payne

d_payne said:
Then what should I post? :S I have to upload to flickr and only then post right? ;) Having said that, no more human shots! :D 'cept this to show off the sharpness of the lens. >>

F14, flash.

Scary innit? :D

Payne

This stuff is SCARY man!!! :hap2:

gannu said:
^^Damn it; :O

Can clearly see the innards of the pupil including the flash on the black thing inside the apple [bah messa not into medical stuff :|];

Wickedness!! :O

lool the black thing inside the apple :)
i like your style calling me a maamu and everything :D

Back