The Photography Thread !

one more

DSCF3623.jpg

comments welcome!!

so now we have scheduled powercuts in the city for two hrs daily.. damn, so here are a few pics i took while there was nothing else to do :p

no post processing except for image resizing..

a dig at d_payne's eye shot.. its incredibly difficult to take a photo of your own face :lol:

its a 100% crop from a 6MP image..

a pic of a flower growing in my front yard..

hers a pic of the moon (duh!) again, no post processing done on any of the images.

someone suggest some good PP tips to improve my images :lol:

Comments please else ill let my dog loose on u :rofl:

Dammit people! I was gonna post saying you have a more interesting eye! :D Too bad I posted that only for the detail! :)

@Rave: Do you have photoshop? If yes, then open the file in that and then try the following things:
1. Go to Image>Adjustments>Auto Levels
2. Go to Image>Adjustments>Levels and then try shifting the left slider to the right (makes the dark areas darker) and shifting the right slider to the left (make the bright area brighter). This will increase contrast overall in the snap and make the image "pop".
As an alternative to Levels, you could try Curves as well. Though this is far more complicated to explain in one line. :)
3. Sharpen using Unsharp Mask or Smart Sharpen.

And then post agian. :D
Payne

^ ^ wow.. does make a hell of a lot of difference!!

left is unprocessed image and the right one is after doing what payne suggested.. quite a bit of difference

now can clearly see the different colors of the Iris.. niceee

and using a Konica Dimage Z6

@vijaycool - Nice pic, but a bit too much clutter.

@Rave - Try doing PP on the flower as well. The colours are not looking too nice now. Try the levels tool like d_payne suggested and see the colours stand out.

Downtown HK; 1 AM; Clciked from the rooftop on a 40 storey Hotel; :)

No PP; Just a Manual shot; But reduced the size of the pic; :)

the pic really looks awesome with that effect..of b\w background and main object in colour !!

and how exactly do you do that ? :p steps please..:)

^ Well there might be a simpler/faster way to do it (but then again im a n00b at this so :p).. Heres how i do it

*Make a layer of the original pic

*Select the stuff you want in colour using the Magic wand, quick selection, lasso whatever (or you can also select everything which you want B&W and then use the Select Inverse option)

*Make a layer of the selected stuff (which has to be in colour)

*Goto the original picture layer and goto blending options. Here goto colour overlay->blend mode - colour -> make it black.

Now the original picture will become b&w while the stuff you selected will remain in colour :)

Ank1t said:
^ Well there might be a simpler/faster way to do it (but then again im a n00b at this so :p).. Heres how i do it

*Make a layer of the original pic
*Select the stuff you want in colour using the Magic wand, quick selection, lasso whatever (or you can also select everything which you want B&W and then use the Select Inverse option)
*Make a layer of the selected stuff (which has to be in colour)
*Goto the original picture layer and goto blending options. Here goto colour overlay->blend mode - colour -> make it black.

Now the original picture will become b&w while the stuff you selected will remain in colour :)
You can do this or desaturate the image and then use the history brush ;)

Back