The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need to buy new psu for my system,i am only surfing and movies....using local psu now need good branded psu
config...
AMD phenome x 3[8450]
ASUS M3A78-EM
4 GB DDR2 800MHz
500GB + 1TB HDD
NO gpu but have plans for HDMI enabled GPU [want to play 1080i movies smoothly please suggest which gpu should i go for i don't have much money so as less as possible]
LG DVD RW
samsung 2033 monitor...

& have 2 fans inside cabinet....this 1
http://www.ixbt.com/power/case/photos/foxconn/tla-436/1000/fan.jpg

budget : don't have much money as less as possible...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

@umesh_boogy

As per now, a zebronics pro 350W or FSP SAGA II 350W (~1.5-1.6k) will do it. But if you plan to add a good graphic card, I'd suggest to get a Seasonic S12II 380 @3k to be safe.

Hi guys, I'll be upgrading in the near future [hopefully!] & just wanted to know if overclocking the upgraded config [stated below] will be possible on any of these PSUs -

1. FSP Saga II 350w
2. Zebronics Pro 350w
3. Gigabyte Super 460w

I'll be upgrading to -
Intel Pentium E5300 2.6GHz
Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L LGA 775
XFX 8600gt GPU
1GB Kingston 800mhz RAM
2 Samsung HDDs - 80GB + 160GB

As you'll can see, I'm on a tight budget. So please keep your suggestions with this aspect in mind. [No Corsair CX400/VX450 please]

On a side note, will the highest overclock possible differ between the E5200 [2.5GHz], the E5300 [2.6GHz], & the E5400 [2.7GHz], given their slightly differing initial clock speeds.

Thanks a lot. All suggestions are welcome. Ciao!

^Any of them would do for the config you've put down even if you intend to overclock the CPU/GPU. If you plan to upgrade the system esp. the CPU/GPU to a slightly better one sometime in the future, do consider opting for the Gigabyte Superb 460W - in essence it's a FSP 400W unit but would last you a couple of upgrades.

As for your second query, no. The processor with the highest stock speed may attain the highest possible clocks when overclocked though. And IINM the E5300 and the E5400 supports VT.

hi
here is my friends config

cpu - E7500
mobo - g41 gigabyte
1gb ram 1tb HDD
palit gts 250 1gb ddr3

need to buy a PSU...i suggested him a gigabyte superb 460w but he has a problem with warantee as gigabyte offers only 1yr

plz suggest budget under 3k

thanks

@extol,

Sea sonic S12II 380 (~3k) and Corsair CX400 (~3.2k) comes around that budget. Tirupathi handles the A.S.S. of both. But the sea sonic one has higher efficiency ( 80 plus bronze ) and has detachable floppy connectors. Your call. :)

@sabby...thanks bro

also let me know bout the below PSU

Coolermasters eXtreme Power Plus 460W

FSP Saga II 500 Watts

and the respective warantee...i am more keen on seasonic as it has 3yrs .....also how gigabyte 460w performs comapred to these

Guys need to upgrade my psu.

current setup:

phenom x2 550BE

Asus 785G - EVO board

4GB corsair DDR3 1333mhz

3 HDDs (2x500GB,1TB)

1 optical drive

1 XFi sound card

VX450W

I'll probably buy an ATi 5850 .. would like to buy a psu and also do some future proofing..should i get the HX650?

The VX450 can easily handle your system with the gfx card upgrade without breaking a sweat. That said, the HX650 can be a good investment for future upgrades.

hello friends...
my friend is gonna buy a new system on this Saturday with d following config

Intel core i5 750
gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
transcend 2GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz
Zotac GeForce 9600 GT Eco 512
Wester Digital 500GB
AOC F19s
LG 22x DVDRW
Zebronics bijli cabby

d PSU which comes with Zebronics bijli cabby wil it b enough to suffice d needs of it, if not plz suggest a cheapest PSU for dis config coz of d budget constrains...

thnks...

VX450 OR SS380. Both are almost same with 5 years warrantee from Tirupathi.

hot zubs said:
hello friends...

my friend is gonna buy a new system on this Saturday with d following config

Intel core i5 750

gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2

transcend 2GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz

Zotac GeForce 9600 GT Eco 512

Wester Digital 500GB

AOC F19s

LG 22x DVDRW

Zebronics bijli cabby

d PSU which comes with Zebronics bijli cabby wil it b enough to suffice d needs of it, if not plz suggest a cheapest PSU for dis config coz of d budget constrains...

thnks...

Desecrator said:
^Any of them would do for the config you've put down even if you intend to overclock the CPU/GPU. If you plan to upgrade the system esp. the CPU/GPU to a slightly better one sometime in the future, do consider opting for the Gigabyte Superb 460W - in essence it's a FSP 400W unit but would last you a couple of upgrades.

As for your second query, no. The processor with the highest stock speed may attain the highest possible clocks when overclocked though. And IINM the E5300 and the E5400 supports VT.

Thank you Member of Mass Destruction! Will hopefully bag one of those in a few days time.

hi

my config

Athlon x4 630

2 gb ddr3

MSI785G-E53

2 harddisk

1 dvd writer

i have ordered gigabyte superb for this config, can gigabyte superb handle my config now and if i add ati 4850 equivalent card in future

importantly can i run this rig on cheap 450w smps till i get gigabyte superb

hi guys buyin a new system tomitself

config : core 2 duo 2.93ghz

ram - 2gb + 1gb

gigabyte g41 mob

9400 gt 512 or 1 gb graphics

1tb or 500 gb hdd

sony dvd rw

confused....suggestions needed

Guyz i am having this one year old system.I am using the psu that came with zebronics cabinet.i am planning to buy an new psu.here are my config.

Asus motherBoard=P5N73-AM

Intel core 2duo processor 2.8ghz

2*2gb DDR2 transcend RAM

500 gb Seagate sata hard disk

Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT 512mb ddr3 graphics card

lG DVD R/W

Zebronics Wings cabinet with smps(400w)

seagate 320gb external hard disk.

guyz i need suggestion for this.i am ready to spend in and around 5k.

als said:
hi
my config

Athlon x4 630
2 gb ddr3
MSI785G-E53
2 harddisk
1 dvd writer

i have ordered gigabyte superb for this config, can gigabyte superb handle my config now and if i add ati 4850 equivalent card in future
importantly can i run this rig on cheap 450w smps till i get gigabyte superb
Gigabyte 460W should be able to handle a 4850. By a cheap PSu you mean locak/generic one? If yes, then a BIG no, avoid junk PSUs. (Its not just about being able to handle your rig)

girish925 said:
hi guys buyin a new system tomitself

config : core 2 duo 2.93ghz
ram - 2gb + 1gb
gigabyte g41 mob
9400 gt 512 or 1 gb graphics
1tb or 500 gb hdd
sony dvd rw

confused....suggestions needed

Confused? Well..about what? The PSU part, I reckon?
Then providing a budget would've been nice..anyways here are your options:
Seasonic 380W SII...somewhere around 2.8k
Gigabyte Superb...2.2k
CX400W (Corsair)...3k
Buy according to your budget. If you want sufficient upgrade headroom and dont mind spending 3.6k, then go for VX450W

jagdish1985 said:
Guyz i am having this one year old system.I am using the psu that came with zebronics cabinet.i am planning to buy an new psu.here are my config.

Asus motherBoard=P5N73-AM
Intel core 2duo processor 2.8ghz
2*2gb DDR2 transcend RAM
500 gb Seagate sata hard disk
Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT 512mb ddr3 graphics card
lG DVD R/W
Zebronics Wings cabinet with smps(400w)
seagate 320gb external hard disk.

guyz i need suggestion for this.i am ready to spend in and around 5k.
5k is a overkill budget for that configuration.
But considering your budget, get yourself a VX450W period. (3.6k)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back