The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mephistopheles said:
Then get a CX400 or if you can spend some 500-700 more then get a VX450
Would CX400 be able to handle a 5850? The spec for the GPU says 500W. Also, the GPU requires two PCI-E connectors....

ALPHA17 said:
Go for atleast a Corsai VX 450W or for a breathing space pick up the Corsair VX 550W
Lol! a VX550W! You got to be kidding me!

CX400 can handle 4870, I do not know much about the power consumption of 5850 but at max you should get a VX450, nothing above that period!

Budget: can spend upto 4k
GPU: want to use something like 5850
MoBo : Abit IP35e
Proccy: Intel Core2Duo e6550
RAM 4Gb DDR2 800Mhz

for which PSU should i go?
can stretch my budget by some bucks if i get something good.

Ankur said:

RAM 4Gb DDR2 800Mhz

Grab a Seasonic S12II 520w. The perfect fit for u :) Rahul has SeaSonic S12II 520W SMPS - 4100/- Got great reviews.

Seasonic S12II Bronze 520 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Seasonic S12 II Bronze 520W Review

http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-...r-supplies-full-range-166027.html#post1516359

Ankur said:

RAM 4Gb DDR2 800Mhz

Yeah, go with what DarkAngel has suggested, although a Seasonic S12II 430W would have sufficed but for that budget Seasonic S12II 520W is a good buy.

thanks for your kind avise both you.
keeping in mind, future upgrades. suppose i upgrade the proccy to i7, or x6 and Mobo to a DDR3 capable one. around 6gigs of RAM and something around 5850 as a GPU then which one should i get. I really liked the range from Seasonic. Wont mind spending some more keeping an eye for future upgrade. AS i dont want to spend again on a PSU for next 2 or say 3years.

Ankur said:
thanks for your kind avise both you.

keeping in mind, future upgrades. suppose i upgrade the proccy to i7, or x6 and Mobo to a DDR3 capable one. around 6gigs of RAM and something around 5850 as a GPU then which one should i get. I really liked the range from Seasonic. Wont mind spending some more keeping an eye for future upgrade. AS i dont want to spend again on a PSU for next 2 or say 3years.
Get Seasonic S12II 520W, period!

You wont need any more PSU upgrade as long as you decide to stick with just one GPU :)

This is an excellent PSU in all aspects.

OK Sir. As you say will place the order with ITwares tomo on your words.
Just out of cuorosity i wish to ask that why there are very high potential PSU's i.e like 750W or 850W.
lol earlier i made my mind on getting Seasonic 12D 850W until i read your saying.

and please once again. should i go wi S12II 520W on your advise? :)

Ankur said:
OK Sir. As you say will place the order with ITwares tomo on your words.

Just out of cuorosity i wish to ask that why there are very high potential PSU's i.e like 750W or 850W.

lol earlier i made my mind on getting Seasonic 12D 850W until i read your saying.

and please once again. should i go wi S12II 520W on your advise? :)
Yeah, dont worry you'll be fine with that PSU and will handle all your future needs as well, but dont get too carried away with it and get a monster like 5890 etc. and run it on this PSU

The 750W+ etc PSUs are for people who will be needing two/three GPUs + extreme overclocking.

If you still have doubts and have no budget problems as such you can consider SeaSonic S12II 620W SMPS or Corsair VX550W, although that 520W can handle everything you mentioned.

Ok Master. I'll go and purchase Seasonic S12II 520W with eyes closed on your word. Will get back to you once i receive it. :) Thanks a ton for your precious advise.

hello people .. i am planning to buy a ATI Radeon 57/58 series

so please suggest a psu for following config :

Q6600
P5q3 deluxe wifi ap
2gb ddr 3 1333 g skill
ati radeon 57/58 series (going to buy that)
3 tb hardisk (3*1tb)
HAF 932
mouse/keyboard

im currently on COOLER MASTER 600w extreme power

thanks a ton

anything .. corsair .. cooler master .. ocz .. suggest me 1 good caompany !!! i wont worry about budget cause once got nice psu then i wont take another 1 for ages !!!

Corsair HX850 - has a 7 year warranty as well. Costs just under 10k, is 80+ silver certified and would definitely last you for all the upgrades to come. ;)

ISHROCZ_14 said:
anything .. corsair .. cooler master .. ocz .. suggest me 1 good caompany !!! i wont worry about budget cause once got nice psu then i wont take another 1 for ages !!!
hmm..get a Corsair VX550W if you plan to stick with one GPU

It would last you many years to come and will handle anything you throw at it.

Desecrator said:
Corsair HX850 - has a 7 year warranty as well. Costs just under 10k, is 80+ silver certified and would definitely last you for all the upgrades to come. ;)
hx850 is an overkill for the system !

but yea vx 550 would be a good choice ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back