The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
buddingwhizkid said:
hx850 is an overkill for the system !
but yea vx 550 would be a good choice ! :)
HX any day over the VX because of the modular cables, the increased efficiency and a 7 year warranty as opposed to the 5 year warranty and lastly because he mentioned this -

ont worry about budget cause once got nice psu then i wont take another 1 for ages !!!

Desecrator said:
Corsair HX850 - has a 7 year warranty as well. Costs just under 10k, is 80+ silver certified and would definitely last you for all the upgrades to come. ;)

80% silver certifications doesn't sound quite great.

Twist it around and almost 90-91% efficient at peak efficiency sounds just too good. :D

How about Corsair HX750- 8.5K ish? :)

750 and 850 HX look like fresh, new and very efficient designs- a lil overpriced here in India as usual.

The HX650 on the other hand seems like a remodelled and rebadged HX620/TX650 and is totally avoidable imho.

Better to save/spare a lil more and get a HX750 or save some by getting a TX650 instead. :)

Even a VX550 for ISHROCZ_14 is fine, as long as he never goes Xfire/SLI. He is on the LGA775, and even if he upgrades down the line parts will be more efficient and consume less. It has 2 PEG connectors which should keep him good.

BIKeINSTEIN said:
80% silver certifications doesn't sound quite great.

Twist it around and almost 90-91% efficient at 50% load sounds just too good. :D
Fixed! 10 chars. :p

I am not abke to imagine any setup with any single GPU neither presently or in the future that VX550W wont be able to handle. Ofcource if you have no budget problems whatsoever you go higher under Corsair or Seasonic. :)

i think tht the psu has single 12v rail !

but on smc's site it says that the psu can handle sli and cf !

im confused :-S

but it should handle 5850's as it is 80+ and has enough power! :)

damn i don think it can... i already have it... anyways it seems to be enough for my current 5850+ 955 combo... so now i can overclock the hell outta them with the headroom i have :D

Will CM Real Power 550W be able to run this:

1. MSI R4850 1GB OC Edition
2. AMD Phenom 1090T
3. GA-890FXA-UD7
4. 2GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM
5. 2 Internal HDDS
6. DVD RW

guys any idea about the TDP of gtx 430 440 450 w

coz im planning to get a fsp sagaII 350w right now for my new rig w/o gfx card

and planning to get gtx 430 or 440

will it be under 100w i mean less than 5x series of ati

Status