The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
shashank_r_t said:
Avoid Corsair GS 600 .. Might as well go for TX 650 (5 yr warranty) for 5.5 K or Tagan TG 500 / 600 for 3 / 4 K or Corsair Vx 450 for 3.4 K
Any specific reason for not gettin GS600?

Hi guys, Can someone please recommend a decent (and quiet) PSU for me? My budget is 2k but I can stretch a little bit.

My computers specs:

Gigabye g31m s2l Mobo

Intel Dual core 2.5 GHz

Nvidia 9600GT GPU

One 500GB HDD

Two 250GB HDDs

1 Case fan

The PC case is well ventilated and the room is air conditioned, if that matters.

Pratik922 said:
Hi guys, Can someone please recommend a decent (and quiet) PSU for me? My budget is 2k but I can stretch a little bit.

My computers specs:
Gigabye g31m s2l Mobo
Intel Dual core 2.5 GHz
Nvidia 9600GT GPU
One 500GB HDD
Two 250GB HDDs
1 Case fan

The PC case is well ventilated and the room is air conditioned, if that matters.
Fsp saga II 500w @2.1k will be enough for your system.

Hi,

CURRENT RIG: 1055T (125W), 880gm-ud2h, MSI 560TI Twin Frozr II, 8GB XMS3 RAM, WD 500GB BLUE x2, LG DVD writer, HAF932 4 FANS (230 mm x3 x 140 mm x 1), 4 USB DEVICES

Currently I am having ANTEC 480 W True Power it is around 6 years old 12 V @ 28 A, 560TI recommends 500 W 12 V @ 30A

I have played cod2 and hawx on full settings and have ran furmark 1920 x 1080 for 7 minutes and also kombustor to test the stability and so far things have been stable, there was no shut down or blue screens

now my question is shud i change the psu or use the current one, if change is required which is one is ideal ?

thanks for your time

I dont see any point in changing the psu if your rig is running fine... The psu that you currently have is pretty decent psu... But yeah it would be better if you would buy a higher wattage psu like Corsair VX550 to be on the safer side as your psu is 6yrs old...and Efficiency decreases overtime due to capacitors aging... So buy VX550 if you have money to spend ;)

I am planning to buy Core i5 2400 and MSI H67MA-E35 motherboard. Will be using the built in graphics and will have a couple of 1TB HDDs. Is CX430 good enough? CX 400 availability is scarce.

mohanbu said:
I am planning to buy Core i5 2400 and MSI H67MA-E35 motherboard. Will be using the built in graphics and will have a couple of 1TB HDDs. Is CX430 good enough? CX 400 availability is scarce.
If you can spend Rs 900 more than buy Corsair VX450 ~ 3.5k

I need a PSU suggestion inside of 2-2.5k for 400-500W.

Someone is selling Cooler master extreme power 600w at 2k.

But i have been thinking of FSP Saga 2 500W for a few weeks.Is it available in Nehru place Delhi?

Which one is better?What would be the expected price of the Saga 2?

Thanks

ROhant said:
I need a PSU suggestion inside of 2-2.5k for 400-500W.

Someone is selling Cooler master extreme power 600w at 2k.

But i have been thinking of FSP Saga 2 500W for a few weeks.Is it available in Nehru place Delhi?

Which one is better?What would be the expected price of the Saga 2?

Thanks
FSP is available at SMC's online store but many items they sell online are not available at their NP store, call them and confirm.

Will the FSP handle a high end GPU in the HD5770 range?
Also including 3HDD, 1 OD, 2 fans a motherboard and a processor?

Thanks

Meg@M!nd said:
Any specific reason for not gettin GS600?
Rated @specified wattage at a temprature of 30 degree Celsius (instead of 45 standard).

Components used are not same as VX series, generally cut-corners for cheap SMPS, though the CX 400 is a stellar performer + the new CX V2 430 is getting good coverage too.

Reduced warranty claims, down 3 years from standard 5 years, you get the point don't you.

Here are some interesting reads -- Corsair CX430 430W power supply Review

NEW CORSAIR PSU - GS600 - jonnyGURU Forums

Corsair CX430 Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Even the Cooler Master GX 450W is better than its elder siblings the GX 550W / 650W / 750W.

Coolermaster GX450 450W Review

I have corsair vx 550 now as it's more than enough to power my current rig.I'm thinking of overhauling the whole rig by core i5 2500k + p67 mobo & another gtx460 to make it sli in 3-4 months time, so which psu to opt for this upgrade.My second option is to trade my current psu right now to a higher wattage psu as the upgrade is definitely going to happen & get more value for vx 550.TIA:)

Don't get another GTX 460 rather wait for sometime let AMD Zambezi (FX series) processors come out in mid-July weigh them against the Sandy-Bridge lineup, then AMD is releasing the HD 7*** series cards which will be more powerful as well as consume lesser power (28nm fabrication + VLIW 4 Architecture perks), all said an considered your SMPS might soldier on for another 3~5 years easy.

If you still want to up the ante and trade in the VX 550, what options do you have in exchanging it? Aim for something like the Corsair HX 650 / 750 if it is offered OR on Cooler Master opt for the Silent Pro M600 / M700. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back