The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any cheaper alternate to vx450

how is cx400 will it be able to support my config- below sig.

should have enough headroom for OCing

wat about

Tagan Stone Rock TG500-U37 500 Watt

its cheaper at 3.2k

One gets vx450 for 3.9k! There's simply no proper reviews for TG500-u37 and the claims this unit makes is bit questionable. Besides tagan has what- 3 years warranty, against VX450's 5 year's warranty?

Get VX450, 5 years ass, u compromising for just 1k?

v.Na5h said:
is there any cheaper alternate to vx450

how is cx400 will it be able to support my config- below sig.

should have enough headroom for OCing

wat about

Tagan Stone Rock TG500-U37 500 Watt

its cheaper at 3.2k

PSU within 1500

I have decided to get rid of the generic power supply that came with my rig. I actually wanted to get a Zebronics 350 Real Watt. But, it wasn't available with my dealer at that time. I have a modest budget.

The PSU will be powering a

AMD Athlon II X240 -2.8GHZ
Asus M2N68-AM PLUS
2GB DDRII 800mhz RAM
Seagate 500GB HDD
XFX 4650 1GB DDRII
Samsung DVD Writer

I have no plans of overclocking my computer in the future I'm looking for something stable as my computer stays on for 16-17hrs a day.

I am also open to used products so if someone could suggest some products which could be open in this price range I would post in the market section.

~H2O

Re: PSU within 1500

H2O said:
I have decided to get rid of the generic power supply that came with my rig. I actually wanted to get a Zebronics 350 Real Watt. But, it wasn't available with my dealer at that time. I have a modest budget.

The PSU will be powering a

AMD Athlon II X240 -2.8GHZ
Asus M2N68-AM PLUS
2GB DDRII 800mhz RAM
Seagate 500GB HDD
XFX 4650 1GB DDRII
Samsung DVD Writer

I have no plans of overclocking my computer in the future I'm looking for something stable as my computer stays on for 16-17hrs a day.

I am also open to used products so if someone could suggest some products which could be open in this price range I would post in the market section.

~H2O

CM 350 Plus @ 1700

^^ Why not just use your coolermaster 500w? Aren't you the one who made this comment in the first place?

http://www.techenclave.com/1376453-post6.html

And I quote...

Cm500w is a true 500w psu which can supply peak 500w while being 74-80% efficient (which has nothing to do with how much power it can provide).

If you're claiming that this is what it does, why are you not getting it? OR is it you don't have any confidence about what you're claiming :p

The Sorcerer said:
^^ Why not just use your coolermaster 500w? Aren't you the one who made this comment in the first place?

http://www.techenclave.com/1376453-post6.html

And I quote...

If you're claiming that this is what it does, why are you not getting it? OR is it you don't have any confidence about what you're claiming :p

I knew someone would post something like this. I have full confidence in what I claim. But, as i have no use of anything above 300w currently and my psu not being decently efficient at low loads, and my pc being on 16 hours a day I have decided to get something of a better quality/efficiency to lower my bill amounts and to get some clean power. My psu can provide the power, Please tell me the source of your exuberant knowledge/opinion about my PSU, would love to have a look. I know that my psu cant provide 500w continuously and the post I made which you conveniently quoted was because the op had that psu already with him and his gpu needs could have been met by it, Obviously If he were to buy a new one I wouldn't have had suggested CM EP 500w to him. I dont recommend this psu btw due to the availability of better quality and efficient PSUs available.

And back to my query, I have a humble budget of 3k for the psu, I have narrowed it down to:

CX400 and Seasonic 380w

Please let me know if there is any other PSu in the same budget I can consider.

shivamrockz07 said:
.... I have decided to get something of a better quality/efficiency to lower my bill amounts and to get some clean power.

aaaah! Awesomesauce! This explains your confidence :eek:hyeah:.

Anyways you can choose between corsair cx400 or seasonic 380w, Better off choosing vx450 IMO. corsair cx400 costs 3.2k and now vx450 costs 3.9k flat, atleast as far as pricing via prime is concerned. Do realize that for 700 bucks you are letting go of 2 years of warranty period and a better built quality, atleast compared to cx400. Judging by the technical specs, budget and your system, assuming you wouldnt be getting or upgrading something which consumes a lot of power, seasonic 380 makes more sense since it comes with 5 years warranty now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back