The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Sorcerer : yes it is indeed 5 years. Actually this model had 5 years "direct" warantee in newegg and ss site when in India it used to sell with 3 years so my confusion. What about people who bought it when it had 3 years? Do they still get 3 or upgraded 5 years? Thanks for the info. This is good news.

capture.jpg

http://primeabgb.com/index.php?page...tegory_id=147&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

Seasonic has ass covered by Tirupathi. gannu got his replaced without probs.
Spectre said:
loads of difference. Seasonic is a top OEM brand for PSUs, they make some PSU models for corsairs, who rebrand it. Get Seasonic if its in your budget, no Giga or CM or anything else I dont have a clue how good is Seasonic warranty in India, its a new brand here so get to know abt the warranty part before buying. Corsairs have good support in India and 5 years solid warranty cover

Rockfella said:
. What about people who bought it when it had 3 years? Do they still get 3 or upgraded 5 years?

I would get this confirm from tirupathi and seasonic if possible. I wouldn't be suprised if some dealers try to sell with a labelled 3 years warranty, so one can check on the seasonic packaging itself whether it has 3 or 5 years warranty.

I should've posted this when this thread started :(. Neither will i be surprised of what u said can happen :mad:
The Sorcerer said:
I would get this confirm from tirupathi and seasonic if possible. I wouldn't be suprised if some dealers try to sell with a labelled 3 years warranty, so one can check on the seasonic packaging itself whether it has 3 or 5 years warranty.

^It would. If it's open to suggestions, there're better ones such as the Seasonic M12D 850W, Corsair HX850W etc.

For the components u mentioned a 380W would suffice.
ryanrulez4ever said:
im gonna build a i7 rig with 17 920 and pro e x58 mobo

which psu do i go for will a Tagan 900W suffice ?

id have a ati 4870 1gb gpu, 4 hdds, 5 fans its a scout cabby, and keyboard ext hdd on esata, an all in one printer,Creative xtreme audio card

ryanrulez4ever said:
im gonna build a i7 rig with 17 920 and pro e x58 mobo

which psu do i go for will a Tagan 900W suffice ?

posting complete rig info would make sense
why would u need 900W psu??

Rockfella said:
For the components u mentioned a 380W would suffice.

Are you effing kidding me!

Ryan, go ahead with the HX850. Gives you ample headroom should you change the GPU in the future.

For rams start another thread or refer to other threads! :p
ryanrulez4ever said:
Then Corsair HX850W it is , and also about rams which are the best Rams available 1600mz in the market

hehe he didnot mention the gpu he will use.
The Sorcerer said:
^^ And the other components? Even they consume power you know :p.

HX620 is better with modular cables.
The Sorcerer said:
Truth to be told, anything more than TX650 is an overkill.

HX850 is being way overkill, even VX450 can handle a 4870 :p
Gannu said:
Are you effing kidding me!

Ryan, go ahead with the HX850. Gives you ample headroom should you change the GPU in the future.

^^He's getting an i7 920. Agreed the 4870 would run, but assuming he's upgrading to a better GPU in the future (say the Fermi for instance), would you think the VX would hold that upgrade? More like endurance tests!

And FYI, the HX620 is EOL. It has been replaced by the HX650.

My CM 380W PSU may have crapped out on me. Any suggestions for the following config?

Core2Duo e8200 @ 3.2 GHz

P35 mobo

Ati 4850

2 internal HDDs

4 external HDDs

about 4 x 120mm Fans

hmm... i don't know the power consumption of ferni etc but u do make sense... and again thanks for the info that HX620 is EOL. We really needed this thread :hap2:
Gannu said:
^^He's getting an i7 920. Agreed the 4870 would run, but assuming he's upgrading to a better GPU in the future (say the Fermi for instance), would you think the VX would hold that upgrade? More like endurance tests!

Sell current psu, for ur current rig vx450 wud suffice, hx650 would be future proof :p
Grease Monk said:
My CM 380W PSU may have crapped out on me. Any suggestions for the following config?

Core2Duo e8200 @ 3.2 GHz
P35 mobo
Ati 4850
2 internal HDDs
4 external HDDs
about 4 x 120mm Fans

Gannu said:

yeah agreed, VX would be like stretched for a much bigger beast, but anything in the range of 4870/5850 and any upcoming Nvidia mid-end should work well

TX650, HX650 should be the best options, unless crossfiring/sli etc comes up,

Thanks for info on HX620 - legend of a psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back