The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was adding humour to an otherwise serious thread... won't repeat sir :ashamed::(
Gannu said:
Guys, could you behave like grown-ups instead of spamming like kids? Please take this one-to-one conv. outside the forum!

satyanjoy said:
bujhte paro na tumi,boka chele :bleh:..means you need to invest more money to get a descent psu atleast around 1.5 -1.8k. check the threads there will be many suggestions as per your requirement and future roadmap for your upgrade

For 1.5K people suggest FSP SAGA 350W PSU.
But,I have a doubt if FSP PSU available in Kolkata.....

In Regards to My Previous suggestion request like 1 page ago, i bought a CM silent pro M 850W and my Rig is running stable,Now my concern is do i need to expect higher Electricity Bills ? it claims to be 80% Bronze certified

Rockfella said:
Then he can buy online!!! :hap2:

Sorry,I never bought anything online before.
Son I have no idea about online shopping and I don't trust online shopping.
I don't wanna any hassle..........:(

ryanrulez4ever said:
In Regards to My Previous suggestion request like 1 page ago, i bought a CM silent pro M 850W and my Rig is running stable,Now my concern is do i need to expect higher Electricity Bills ? it claims to be 80% Bronze certified

Don't worry about that!! Bronze has at least 82% in efficiency. Check Bronze certification on Silent Pro 850W here - 80 Plus PSU - Details

Lol it is safer than buying live trust me :rofl:
Revolution said:
Sorry,I never bought anything online before.
Son I have no idea about online shopping and I don't trust online shopping.
I don't wanna any hassle..........:(

SoftLion said:
Don't worry about that!! Bronze has at least 82% in efficiency. Check Bronze certification on Silent Pro 850W here - 80 Plus PSU - Details

Doesn't mean that the power supply would work 82% efficiently for all the loads. A power supply works at its efficient best when loaded to 50% of its rated capacity - people take the 80+ rating as a misnomer!

This's another marketing gimmick after PMPO, megapixels, dynamic contrast ratio, LED backlighting and what not!

Gannu said:
This's another marketing gimmick after PMPO, megapixels, dynamic contrast ratio, LED backlighting and what not!

Not too sure as to what context this was said in, but LED backlighting is NOT a gimmick. It saves power.

I'd totall second, third, fourth and fifth this!
Gannu said:
Doesn't mean that the power supply would work 82% efficiently for all the loads. A power supply works at its efficient best when loaded to 50% of its rated capacity - people take the 80+ rating as a misnomer!

Do u have real-world benchmark or something?
stalker said:
Not too sure as to what context this was said in, but LED backlighting is NOT a gimmick. It saves power.

stalker said:

Because half of the world doesn't know it is backlighting and buy them presuming they are LED-based panels? Agreed they save on the power but if you care to browse thru the edge-lit LED panels sold by Samsung as the nwer 7 series LCDs, they do not score so well over the conventional CCFL-based backlit displays and plasmas.

Rockfella said:
Lol it is safer than buying live trust me :rofl:

What you gonna do if your PSU gone kaput ?
How can I get RMA if I bought anything online ?
Do I have to send the product using courier ?
This is impossible cos that cost too much.....

1. High quality PSUs rarely go kaput!
2. You can RMA locally, there is tirupathi in almost all the 4 cities.
3. High quality PSUs rarely go kaput!
4. Online dealers are very trustworthy!
5. I don't recall anyones VX450 going kaput till date on this forum or anywhere else. One member's vx went kaput but the problem was with his UPS AFAIK. Even if it dies the % failure is very very low! Even ferraris and lamborghinis have repair centres. Nothing is 100% perfect in this world!
5. Will your local shitty PSU will be replaced with a new one?
6. Tirupathi REPLACES old unit with new one in 2-3 days flat!
Revolution said:
What you gonna do if your PSU gone kaput ?
How can I get RMA if I bought anything online ?
Do I have to send the product using courier ?
This is impossible cos that cost too much.....

Gannu said:

Yeah PMPO n Mega Pixel are gimmick...

but LED n 80 Plus aint that bad. 80 Plus on the site which was quoted has graphs on all loads. and 82% efficiency is rate for 30 then 60 and even 100% load. So i dont know if it still sham.... becoz one can check the graph there.

Post I always believed one should buy always a PSU which is like giving 40% more than their requirement. as in ... if your load is 400-420watts buy a 700watt supply. Becoz taking your comment further best efficiency is obtained at close to 60% load. At that load a person bill would be minimum. a good 80plus silver on 60% load would deliver over 90% efficiency too.

but then in bench marking its always standard test circumstances.... even cfm of a fan to dba it gives to even mileage of a bike to speed of a jet. so i made my 60% rule :)

^^

Thanks for rolling me back to my own post. I wanted to know your perspective, on 80+ and PSU efficiency. Your post #124, really did not make sense to me, and you were quoting "efficiency" and "80+" quite a bit..?

Still game..?

@Asingh

game hmmm ... i always am...
Quoting your explanation:
This works:
PSU rating = 750W (A)
Efficiency rating = 80%
PSU Draw = 750 / (80/100) = 937.5 (B)
PSU Throughput = 750
Calculated Efficiency = (A/B) * 100 = 80%

However Power Draw isn't constant neither is efficiency.

First take a look at this link... as an reference for working of a good 850 PSU. in case its an HX 850 Corsair.
Corsair HX850W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

You can see the efficiency is peaking at 50%-60% i.e. around 350.9 W - 515.2 W. (and btw this site i quoted becoz they dont test in idle conditions of (23C) rather is done in a hotter room.)

In your explanation of the thread i rolled you back, you have worked with an example where efficiency is constant and power going in is constant.

And when i said to buy a PSU whose 50%-60% Power through put is that what ones setups requirement is, then the system would be most efficient. Give more stability and also lesser in bills.

Further if you want to read-up on my reason to recommend a higher wattage PSU over "Right all you need" wattage can be checked here too: Understanding the 80 Plus Certification | Hardware Secrets

Hope sense prevails now..... and let me if my supposed over quoting of efficiency and 80+ helped now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back