The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meg@M!nd said:
CM Real Power Pro 460w is not a good unit...

@DarkAngel, pls dont suggest real power n extreme power series from Cooler master... they are similar to generic PSUs...

@thegatekeeper, stick to VX450 or Antec EarthWatts 500W, on overloading both the PSUs were able to deliver 570W w/o burning the unit...

Antec EarthWatts 500 W

Corsair VX450W
I would agree with you CM EPP aint great but would differ that CM RPP is bad. Its a pretty decent PSU AFAIK

Cooler Master Real Power Pro 850 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets (There are no reviews for the 460W from Jonny guru or H/W secrets but there is one in TE)

http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/cooler-master-real-power-pro-460-a-133365.html

Can you justify you stance that the CM RPP series is bad ?

Is the CM GX450 any good?

I have it in my PC for a few good weeks now and it hasn't let me down!

I've been running 2 drives, 4 fans, X4 BE OC'ed to 3.8ghz and a HD6850 and it has been giving me rock solid performance

baccilus said:
How does GX 450 compare to Extreme Power Plus 460?
Corsair VX450 > CX400 > GX450 > Extreme Power Plus 460

DarkAngel said:
There are no reviews for the 460W from Jonny guru or H/W secrets but there is one in TE

http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/cooler-master-real-power-pro-460-a-133365.html

Can you justify you stance that the CM RPP series is bad ?
There is no overload testing in that review... I would say in this review, RPP 460 is a bit over rated..

This PSU hence easily gives a competition to others in its class, specially being the Corsair VX-450 & Tagan 500W.

If this is a good unit, why didnt CM send it for review??

Meg@M!nd said:
Corsair VX450 > CX400 > GX450 > Extreme Power Plus 460

There is no overload testing in that review... I would say in this review, RPP 460 is a bit over rated..

If this is a good unit, why didnt CM send it for review??
So it passes the rest of the tests right? You cant really complain if a PSU rated 460w delivers only 460w-480w and not more. You said its equivalent to generic ones. Just because they didnt send across one for review doesnt make it bad one. By your logic then they did send across their EPP series for review. So does it make it a good PSU?
Please care to explain or refrain from making off hand statements without proof :|

DarkAngel said:
Just because they didnt send across one for review doesnt make it bad one. By your logic then they did send across their EPP series for review. So does it make it a good PSU?

Please care to explain or refrain from making off hand statements without proof :|
There s a proof that Extreme Power Plus is bad... And there s no proof that Real power pro is bad either way there s no proof tat its good....

DarkAngel said:
Naa. GX450 is Okish whereas the VX450 is much better than that. If you are getting the GX450 for <3k then thats ok. Else its better off to go with the VX450. SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Power Supply - 3000/- (Best bet in your budget)
SeaSonic S12II 430W is a rock solid unit.. Availability might b an issue in some places...

Meg@M!nd said:
There s a proof that Extreme Power Plus is bad... And there s no proof that Real power pro is bad either way there s no proof tat its good....

SeaSonic S12II 430W is a rock solid unit.. Availability might b an issue in some places...
So you cant call it bad until proven, right? Though I would take the TE reviewers'(Jay) word on it that its pretty good.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

thegatekeeper said:
R u sure 3k is the price of it.
Did you check the link :| Its listed for 3k by TheITWares, Mumbai. PM him or call his shop to check availability and if its available just go for it.

DarkAngel said:
So you cant call it bad until proven, right? Though I would take the TE reviewers'(Jay) word on it that its pretty good.

No problem, you take it as good unit but please dont suggest it... :)
They are not worth it when there are some really approved units avail in market...

No offence..

Meg@M!nd said:
No problem, you take it as good unit but please dont suggest it... :)
They are not worth it when there are some really approved units avail in market...

No offence..
As far as I am concerned its a decent unit. I havent even come across -ve remarks from users of TE using it. I have even quoted a review from a reputed TE member which is pretty extensive considering the tools a normal guy would have for testing. Unless you find proof that its bad, please refrain from making statements that its a bad unit. Dont post something w/o proof.
I will recommend it to any user who wants a PSU in the 3k-3.5k budget range if the VX450 or the Seasonic S12II 430 is unavailble.

DarkAngel said:
As far as I am concerned its a decent unit. I havent even come across -ve remarks from users of TE using it. Unless you find proof that its bad, please refrain from making statements that its a bad unit. Dont post something w/o proof.
Thats exactly what i'm saying.. Unless u find a proof that it s a good unit(from a detailed review), dont call it a good unit..

My Odyssey PSU overheated and burnt last month. After reading all the discussions on TE decided to go for Corsair VX450. But at lamington all the shopkeeper said that Corsair had discontinued the production of VX450 :( So went for Silverstone sst st50f es from Primeabgb. Till date no problem :)

Meg@M!nd said:
Thats exactly what i'm saying.. Unless u find a proof that it s a good unit(from a detailed review), dont call it a good unit..
I called it a decent unit since there was no review from a detailed. As far as I am concerned a user exp. of TE members and Jay's review is good enough for me to qualify it as decent.
The reason that it lacks reviews from Jonny and HS is the reason I recommend it on the unavailability of VX450 or S12II 430W. If you have have a different take on it then dont recommend it. But you dont have any evidence to prove its bad too. So refrain from making statements its bad and asking members to stop recommeding it.
Without any proof classifying a decent unit as equivalent to generic unit is trolling.

DarkAngel said:
I called it a decent unit since there was no review from a detailed. As far as I am concerned a user exp. of TE members and Jay's review is good enough for me to qualify it as decent.

The reason that it lacks reviews from Jonny and HS is the reason I recommend it on the unavailability of VX450 or S12II 430W. If you have have a different take on it then dont recommend it. But you dont have any evidence to prove its bad too. So refrain from making statements its bad and asking members to stop recommeding it.

Without any proof classifying a decent unit as equivalent to generic unit is trolling.
OK.. Add Antec Earthwatts 500w to the list above Real power pro 460w

vinayakbendale said:
My Odyssey PSU overheated and burnt last month. After reading all the discussions on TE decided to go for Corsair VX450. But at lamington all the shopkeeper said that Corsair had discontinued the production of VX450 :( So went for Silverstone sst st50f es from Primeabgb. Till date no problem :)
Yes, its a good unit for the price on offer. What is the warranty period and who handles the RMA?
I think only Prime stocks Silverstone PSU's and its hard to find in other cities. But a good option for Mumbai buyers since the VX450 and CX400 have been EOLed and availability is scarce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back