The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DarkAngel, Is Antec available locally in all cities?? Antec Earthwatts 500w = VX450... In chennai they are found in all shops..

Meg@M!nd said:
@DarkAngel, Is Antec available locally in all cities?? Antec Earthwatts 500w = VX450... In chennai they are found in all shops..
Yeah they are equivalent but Antec has lesser 3 years warranty. But what is the pricing? Theitdepot - Antec EarthWatts 500W Power Supply (EA-500D Green) It says 4k in TheITDepot which is pretty steep considering the GS600 is also priced at 4k.
I dont think Antec units are easily available in other cities. None of the dealers stock it and I am not sure who provides warranty and the service for it India which also should be taken into consideration.
EOLing the CX400 and the VX450 is a really sad move :( Hope the newer CX430 V2, 500 V2 which have 80+ certification and 3 years warranty is decent enough for the 2.5k-3k budget unlike the v1.

How is Seasonic 500W SS-500ES =http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=3332&category_id=147&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53
compared to seasonic 430w bronze.500w is it really crossfire ready?

@megamind, DA, The Earthwatts are all Delta oems right ? So shoudn't they be a bit better than other offerings ?

I think i saw an Earthwatts 650w for around 5k on theitdepot

I just picked up an Antec HCG 520 which is a Seasonic S12ii 520 rebadged but realised later that there are a few better options

DA, friend bought the EA500 in Ritchie after lot of running around since almost no one had it in stock - 3.3k - Worth every penny at that price!!

I refused to give him an alternate model though when he initially said it wasn't available :p

bottle said:
@megamind, DA, The Earthwatts are all Delta oems right ? So shoudn't they be a bit better than other offerings ?

I think i saw an Earthwatts 650w for around 5k on theitdepot
Yes they are delta oems.. It can deliver 550W w/o much stress.. Itdepot jus stats in their site but not sure they'll hav it..

Freaky said:
DA, friend bought the EA500 in Ritchie after lot of running around since almost no one had it in stock - 3.3k
Gr8 pricing.. So i think tats the best budget PSU under 3.5K...

Can u be more specific, which shop he bought it from?

DarkAngel said:
Yes, its a good unit for the price on offer. What is the warranty period and who handles the RMA?

I think only Prime stocks Silverstone PSU's and its hard to find in other cities. But a good option for Mumbai buyers since the VX450 and CX400 have been EOLed and availability is scarce.

Got 3 years of warranty and RMA is handled by Primeabgb. I asked prime as well as theitwares and other lami road vendors too for vx450 coz it is highly recommended but everyone said its being discontinued :/

thegatekeeper said:
so which one should i be buying,ea500 or seasonic s12II 430bronze?

EA500 , you might want to skip, EA500D is a Delta OEM which should serve you well and should be on par with the Seasonic imo

Meg@M!nd said:
Gr8 pricing.. So i think tats the best budget PSU under 3.5K...
Can u be more specific, which shop he bought it from?

Got it from RC Automation and the price was 3.7k

dude Ea500d is a great model. my friend has it and has no problems what so ever. However the most problematic area can be lack of connectors on the model. only 3 molex and 5 sata. Slightly short cables though and less cable management possible. also only 80mm exhaust.. The unit however is very quiet and very cool.

Great buy for the price we got then. 4k

seasonic s12ii 430w has 5 years warranty and has more cables.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

if i get vx450 then should i choose that above s12ii 430/520 and antec ea500d?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back