The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^

I personally prefer Corsair psus. I have been using one for at most 3 years now, no problems at all (except for 1nce when I tried to use it with an APC Back UPS). If you are investing such amount in a psu, you should go for modular ones as they are neat and clean, cable management works like a charm.

If you dont want SLI, go for 600-650 wattage psus. TX 650 is good but I think its not modular, HX 620 would be more preferable for you.

^

I personally prefer Corsair psus. I have been using one for at most 3 years now, no problems at all (except for 1nce when I tried to use it with an APC Back UPS). If you are investing such amount in a psu, you should go for modular ones as they are neat and clean, cable management works like a charm.

If you dont want SLI, go for 600-650 wattage psus. TX 650 is good but I think its not modular, HX 620 would be more preferable for you.

modular power supply is what i want too but their price puts me down

today i got to know about antec true power new 650 watts power supply

it is modular and it fits my bill perfectly

now i just have to search for it

any idea where can i get it mumbai

apart from the it depot and techshop where it is way too costly

and what problem did you have with the ups

i have apc back ups too

Have any of you guys got Tacens supero 600w, I think its a good psu as its OEM is FSP epsilon(80+) and its a super silent and modular psu

@zero_cool

The whole electricity system in my house got short circuited.

:(

Actually, these modular psus need an input of true sine wave electricity but APC back series ups dont provide that, it provides triangular output wave, that thing messed up with my psu and psu along with the UPS went kaput.

:(

Me too suffered a lot with APC 1Kva UPS...recently bought Microtek 800VA to my surprise the buzzzing noise from VX 450 has completely vanished which was not the case with the APC.One more thing i noticed the microtek does not switch to battery mode when voltage fluctuates and drain the battery .

Please suggest the PSU for my configuration:

Processor AMD PhenomII X4 840
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H
RAM Corsair 2* 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz
GPU On Board (most probably won't be upgrading)
HDD 1 TB

Should I go for Corsair 400 or FSP Saga II 500W?

^ CX400 since it has got good reviews (Not much reviews for FSP SAGAII 500) and also comes with 3 yrs warranty vs SAGA's 2 yrs and is officially 80+ certified.

It is more than enough even if you add couple more HDDs and a HD5770 or the likes :)

My PSU blown up today (frontech 450W). Please sugest me a decent PSU in 2.5k

G31MS2L|E5200|2GB RAM||ATI RADEON 4500 (this uses slot poewer|2*1tb hdd|2*80mm,1*120mm fans|1 dvd

Question: As the PSU is gone, any of the PC components would have been dammaged?

Question: As the PSU is gone, any of the PC components would have been dammaged?

Borrow someone else's PSU and try to run your rig on that PSU if your Rig runs fine on someone else's PSU then you can be rest assured that other components are working fine...

After doing what i suggested above buy Corsair CX400 ~ Rs. 2450

Caution: Do not buy Corsair CX430 even if any dealer forces you to buy one... CX430 PSU has high failure rate... Buy CX400 only...

FSP SAGA II 500w @ 2100 Rs from SMC

or

Silverstone SST-ST50F-ES Power Supply @ 2600 from PrimeABGB ( Deal of the day )

Is silverstone worth extra 500 bucks ?

I have C2D, 4GB RAM, 4 SATA Hdds, HD4890 with 2 six pin power inputs, causal gamer.

Please advise, I need to buy today.

Thanks in advance

Guys my psu went kaput,will send for rma and sell it.

I need minimum 750w for my 580gtx lightning, budget 7-8k should have 6+2pin instead of 6pin.as well as semi modular but 2 6+2 pin,2 6 pin instead of 4 6+2 pin, if I go sli have to use converter .

Iam looking at this options

Corsair tx850w :7300,hx750 and seasonic x760 :8500,antec tp750w:6700,cp850w:8200 better then corsair hx series as well as semi modular but it has two 6+2 pin and two 6 pin instead of four 6+2 pin, if I go sli have to use converter I can antec psu from itdepot with 3years warranty from place I can get xfx 750 black edition for 7800 performs similar to seasonic x series but 3 years warranty plus four 6+2pin.best option I have glacial tech ax950w aa modular for 7900 no idea about warranty from smc

sam000 said:
Me too suffered a lot with APC 1Kva UPS...recently bought Microtek 800VA to my surprise the buzzzing noise from VX 450 has completely vanished which was not the case with the APC.One more thing i noticed the microtek does not switch to battery mode when voltage fluctuates and drain the battery .
Hey how much did the microtek cost you ?

I am planning to get either HX850 or AX850 from corsair what rating UPS should I get?
Also apart from APC can someone suggest some good indian company. I dont want to run my system on UPS for long time just want enough backup to allow me to shutdown the PC safely.

PSU for following configuration (budget max 5k)

i5 2500k
Asus Z68 V
Corsair 4 GB Vengeance
4 SATA HDDs
ATI 5770

kg_87 said:
Corsair VX series isn't available. (even tirupati ent. don't have it ) :(

P.S. My Location is chandigarh.
If sourcing online is an option get it from one of dealer. Shoule be ~4.8k-5k shipped.

DarkAngel said:
If sourcing online is an option get it from one of dealer. Shoule be ~4.8k-5k shipped.
nah!
kg_87 said:
PSU for following configuration (budget max 5k)

i5 2500k
Asus Z68 V
Corsair 4 GB Vengeance
4 SATA HDDs
ATI 5770

can you suggest me some other power supply? will Gigabyte 460w be sufficient for this config?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back