The Samsung Galaxy S thread

That's the normal/only way to disable lagfix, the earlier adb/shell instructions are to CONFIRM if the lagfix is disabled or not.. don't want to enter a world of unnecessary pain.. :p

a small query to people using voodoo lag fix... is KIES recognizing SGS after enabling lag fix?

or do we have to enable/disable every time we need to connect to KIES?

sharmapu said:
I am unable to go into recovery mode using 3 button method....any fix availble
Look at this particular post.

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/the-samsung-galaxy-s-thread-171058-10.html#post1593833

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Superfrag said:
If you Voodoo Lagfix, and then you want to update your firmware or install any custom ROM or any other ROM, you MUST disable voodoo lagfix. Its easy to do so.. and remember to go into adb/shell and type "mount", and check what type is the partition, if its ext02, then you've successfully disabled it, if its still ext04, then you haven't disabled it.
Ok now I Voodoo lagfix and then when Official Froyo is released, I'll disable Vodoo LF and then Update to Froyo and after updating what If I want to Re-enable or Remove the Voodoo LF ?

but am i the only one having this issue...

please compare my phone specs with yours and post...

specs details are:

firmware= 2.1-update1

build number = ECLAIR.DDJG4

kernel version= 2.6.29

Hello Friends

I have finally decided to buy SGS on monday. I need to clarify about some concerns i heard about this phone.

1) How bad is the audio quality in earphones? A decent output is ok for me.

2) Can the lag issue be a deal breaker?

3)Can this phone supports android 3.0 (Not officially though)?

Please respond to these questions so that i can go ahead in buying the phone.

Any one has any screenguards and cases with them so that i can buy from them?

Where in bangalore i can find the SGS cases and screen protectors?

Thanks

Phone is nice and audio quality is fine not bad if not awesome. I never seen any lag and no idea abt 3.0 rest its nice phone just low build quality

gursud said:
Hello Friends

I have finally decided to buy SGS on monday. I need to clarify about some concerns i heard about this phone.

Thanks
1. The earphones are better than those that come with most smartphones (especially when compared to HTC and Motorola)

2. Not at all. All you need to do is root the phone and install lagfix. (very very easy process)

3. The high end phones like SGS, Desire HD are more likely to get 3.0 (atleast unoffiically through custom ROMs) than phones like Legend and sub 20k phones. There is no official release on which phones support 3.0. So, do not take is as a consideration while purchase a new android phone now.

4. screenguards: Yes both my friends are using screenguards. You can buy them in most mobile stores. Do check in smaller stores as they sell these for some 75k-100k while bigger stores like Univercell, Mobile store sell the exact piece for 300-400 bucks.

gursud said:
Hello Friends

Thanks
1) I think the audio quality to be pretty decent not high on bass though but well balanced overall and it plays nicely with the inbuilt Equaliser

2) I personally hate the lag on Samsung Galaxy S but seen some videos of Lagfixing, it runs pretty smooth after a lagfix

3) Hardware wise this phone has top notch hardware but if Android 3.0 is gonna come up with 3D support or if it posts restrictions for the Mobile makers to inject their UI layer ontop of Android like the HTC Sense UI or the TouchWiz on Samsung then I guess we can forget about the Official support. But Unofficially there are high chances of this getting the 3.0 support since its one of the most popular Android device in the market currently if not already the most popular :)

You will have to buy soon. Seems there is a rumour that Sammy has no more superamoleds for galaxy and Wave and production has stopped resulting in severe shortages all over the world.

And guess what the rumour also says it is Apple which has bought out all the SuperAmoled stock from Sammy. :)

Dhanan said:
You will have to buy soon. Seems there is a rumour that Sammy has no more superamoleds for galaxy and Wave and production has stopped resulting in severe shortages all over the world.

And guess what the rumour also says it is Apple which has bought out all the SuperAmoled stock from Sammy. :)

If this turns out true, Samsung has done biggest mistake. I guess no company will stop their hot selling products. I have asked the same in Facebook official page. I will update once i got a reply from them.

Hi guys.I want to buy a full body scratch guard for my phone.Checked the Gadgetshieldz website now and they removed shipping to INDIA.Anyone know where i can buy the full body(front & back)protection like gadgetshieldz??

Back