The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

madnav said:
sounds refreshing :)

PS: testing sygic now

woah..!! easy there...

'SamsungFirmware' is from Amsterdam. I guess 2.2 is being tested for a US/Europe release right now. From the time its released there, it will take atleast a month to hit the shelves here. Thats atleast 45days to 3 months... you mean to say Spica wont be avaliable all that time???

Samsung is notorious for discontinuing good phones and promoting crap (Corby). Hope they dont bury the Spica and come up with a clone with a different name and jacked up prices. Any concrete news on the availability here? I dont mind one with 1.5. Heck, I dont mind one without an OS, I can do that...if I get a phone that is...

Guys i m in deep problem,,,,,

Some one stole my one month old galaxy spica when i was standing at the bus stand...i have deactivated the sim and have lodged a FIR in the police station.

Please suggest what can i do next so that i can get my cell back...i have heard some tracing department is there to track the stolen mobiles,,,

Please help me guys,,,

Tried a lot of things, but I just cant seem to be able to get Vodafone Live working on this phone. Any idea on how I can get Vodafone live to work.

Any one able to logn to fring??.I am unable to login what so ever it keeps saying login failed please try again.My credentials are correct and its working on my friends E63 not happening one mine WTF .

kniwor said:
Tried a lot of things, but I just cant seem to be able to get Vodafone Live working on this phone. Any idea on how I can get Vodafone live to work.
You will require Vodafone Mobile Connect. Vodafone Live wont work.

Metalspree said:
I want to know how to use GPRS on my phone.Here is the webpage of my service provider.I have no clue as to how to put those details in my phone:ashamed:.Help me guys i .

Here is the link 2degrees - Mobile settings

on your phone..

Settings >> Wireless $ Networks >> Mobile Networks >> Access Point Names

Press Option key and select + New APN

Name: anything.. doesnt matter

APN: internet

keep rest all same

exceptt for...

scroll down to the last option..

APN Type: Internet.

press back key.

new APN will be created for your service provider.

touch on the selection dot next to that APN.

if you have GPRS access then GPRS(G) or EDGE(E) symbol shall appear on the taskbar.

PS: Sygic not workin for me yet :p

U have to enter the the phone no. as 'Mobile' when you add them to your phonebook only then you can view them while Messaging. Apparently it doesnt allow you to send SMS to Landline/Home no. :p

Thanks once again madnav that worked :).I get about 188kbps down and 120kbps up speed over edge.I finally throwed fring away from my phone .I wanted it to use SIP .I installed sipdroid and my voip provider allows sip.Using the same over wifi and it works like charm.Now i need some help again.While using VOIP/SIP the speaker gets activated.How to disable this?.I did get some info off samdroid but have no clue as to how to install it .I am on Samdroid mod 2.6.29.

Here is the link to samdroid Sipdroid (VoIP) i5700 problems

Metalspree said:
Ohhh k mate will live with handsfree ,btw is the handsfree bug fixed ?
you mean the disconnection issue using handsfree?? :p

im yet to figure out how to do that..till then i request all callers (or specially the ones i call :p) to disconnect from their side for the last resort :p

Yup thats right ,thats the same issue i am talking about.Samsung care guys did not even have a clue about this issue when i told them.I guess we have to live with it :|

greenhorn said:
i can't download applications via my college wi fi :ashamed:

It gets stuck in 'downloading' status. Any Idea why?
wifi may have filtration for some protocols.

not sure if downloads over market are http or ftp

another issue might be of size.

are you able to download via web browser?

see if you can try ftp downloads via browser.

Just got, an invitation from swype...and installed the latest beta... its working great on XXJE1 .... just loving it.... its been improved leaps and bounds.

can someone share an apk of cubed ?

cant download it otherwise.

plus is there any list of must-have stuff for the spica? I just discovered launcher pro today, and its awesome :hap2:

anything else ?

Back