The Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus Thread.

hi galaxy nexus users . I just recently purchased a note 2 , 16gb model . But only 10gb of memory is available for user . I want to know how much inbuilt memory is avalible for the nexus .

Maybe that 2-3 gb is eaten up by the their "TouchShit UI" :p

ROFL !! Rightly said my friend
Most of the off market customization these manufacturer's make over the stock UI including the stupid bloatware they add does eat up space on your in-built storage

Best option is to root the device and get rid of all the bloatware added by these manufacturers

Today something strange happened with my Gnex. I left for office with my fone in pocket and when I took it out It asked for an "emergency number", "Country" etc. I could not get to the home screen. After pressing a few buttons, I reached the home screen and realised that all my apps, contacts, data were gone. I think it was a kind of factory reset. How did this happen? Did the fone automatically got unlocked and the factory reset button got pressed/clicked by mistake? How can I prevent this from happenning in future? I have just logged into gmail and could retreive my contact list as I had synced it.

Friends,
Which cases/covers are you using for your Galaxy Nexus? Pls share your reviews. I am looking for good cases. Either white or clear/transparent cases as I am using a white one.

Today something strange happened with my Gnex. I left for office with my fone in pocket and when I took it out It asked for an "emergency number", "Country" etc. I could not get to the home screen. After pressing a few buttons, I reached the home screen and realised that all my apps, contacts, data were gone. I think it was a kind of factory reset. How did this happen? Did the fone automatically got unlocked and the factory reset button got pressed/clicked by mistake? How can I prevent this from happenning in future? I have just logged into gmail and could retreive my contact list as I had synced it.

This is pretty unusual thing to happen,as you pointed out this could be a mistake
Sometimes,when my phone is in my pocket and i'm riding my bike the unlock button get pressed and a phone number gets dialed :p

Friends,
Which cases/covers are you using for your Galaxy Nexus? Pls share your reviews. I am looking for good cases. Either white or clear/transparent cases as I am using a white one.

Look for TPU cases,iam using the one from cruzerlite
They make one of best TPU cases for phones,i doubt you will get cruzerlite cases locally
Have look here : Samsung galaxy nexus : Online Shopping in India - Buy Books, Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Watches, Apparels, Baby Care Products and Other Products Online at Flipkart.com

Hey Gnex Users Please help!

I got my Gnex bought from eBay on 13/10/12 but the issue I face is that it doesn't charge through is micro USB Port. My Friend and I ordered from the same seller with different colors (Friend One Black Mine White) but Mine died the moment Battery went down to zero. Till date it is packed as it came and seller told me to get it repaired from Serv Pro under warranty. I have raised a claim under eBay Guarantee clearly stating that since it didn't work out of box properly and I reported the fault within 24 hours why Should I go for repairs for a new unit? Now from 1 week it's lying dead with no Battery Juice and I am awaiting eBay's response. My friend and I checked everything i.e. Cable, Charger, battery but at the end it was the port which refused to charge. Has any one else faced this issue? Googling it brought up a lot of results but I can't understand why I am out of luck while the most weird thing is that it gets detected if I connect to my Laptop however doesn't charge! Any comments or idea's? Tired of waiting and hearing seller's lame excuses!

I got my Gnex bought from eBay on 13/10/12 but the issue I face is that it doesn't charge through is micro USB Port. My Friend and I ordered from the same seller with different colors (Friend One Black Mine White) but Mine died the moment Battery went down to zero. Till date it is packed as it came and seller told me to get it repaired from Serv Pro under warranty. I have raised a claim under eBay Guarantee clearly stating that since it didn't work out of box properly and I reported the fault within 24 hours why Should I go for repairs for a new unit? Now from 1 week it's lying dead with no Battery Juice and I am awaiting eBay's response. My friend and I checked everything i.e. Cable, Charger, battery but at the end it was the port which refused to charge. Has any one else faced this issue? Googling it brought up a lot of results but I can't understand why I am out of luck while the most weird thing is that it gets detected if I connect to my Laptop however doesn't charge! Any comments or idea's? Tired of waiting and hearing seller's lame excuses!

Don't repair the phone if you have reported the problem back under 24hrs
Did you try anything to the phone like rooting it or Unlocking the bootloader ?? Can you acess the storage in your laptop went you connect the device ??
If the phone get detected by the Laptop,it should ideally charge unless you have a custom kernel with Fast USB charge enabled on it ??

Don't repair the phone if you have reported the problem back under 24hrs
Did you try anything to the phone like rooting it or Unlocking the bootloader ?? Can you acess the storage in your laptop went you connect the device ??
If the phone get detected by the Laptop,it should ideally charge unless you have a custom kernel with Fast USB charge enabled on it ??

I opened the box, entered my google account details and allowed it to sync plus download any system updates as it was on ICS. It automatically updated to JB no issues but It only showed charging for like 1 minute when I connected it to charger. On connecting to Laptop once it showed OAMP 440 which I think is the TI chip when it was battery dead and other time it showed up samsung galaxy nexus as media player when I used my friend's battery to test. Trouble is eBay says that within 20 days the issue will be settled but My dad is making my life hell with each passing day with comments like why You bought it Online, now what, 20k gone etc :( I know no resolution for this :)

- - - Updated - - -

Phone is used for 16 hours until battery went zero!

I opened the box, entered my google account details and allowed it to sync plus download any system updates as it was on ICS. It automatically updated to JB no issues but It only showed charging for like 1 minute when I connected it to charger. On connecting to Laptop once it showed OAMP 440 which I think is the TI chip when it was battery dead and other time it showed up samsung galaxy nexus as media player when I used my friend's battery to test. Trouble is eBay says that within 20 days the issue will be settled but My dad is making my life hell with each passing day with comments like why You bought it Online, now what, 20k gone etc :( I know no resolution for this :)

- - - Updated - - -

Phone is used for 16 hours until battery went zero!

Definitely a hardware issue,try this out in the meanwhile
Replace the phone's battery with the one in your's friends phone and then try charging it with a Wall Charger

And it's normal for dad's to react this way,tell him to chill and show the eBay notice(If it helps to get him some closure)
Lol,my dad get's suspicious every time i get a parcel from the courier service and just faints when i show him the bill
So everyone has gone through the dad issues phase :p Just chill and no matter what don't repair the device,at least not until you get any official word from eBay again

Done that Bro! I know every one goes through that :)
Hope some day he becomes Daddy Cool!!!

If it show's up as "Samsung Galaxy Nexus" with your friends battery then i guess,it should be charging when connected to the laptop ??
If not then,you just have to wait until any official word from eBay

Hi..
I too am planning to buy a Gnex from ebay, from which seller did u purchase it?

If you have a password or pin-protected lock screen, it could have happened that while your phone was in your pocket, due to accidental screen taps, the phone was attempted to be unlocked with a wrong passcode for more than 10-15 times. Ofcourse, this is just a guess :p

- - - Updated - - -

Done that Bro! I know every one goes through that :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hope some day he becomes Daddy Cool!!!

Keep calm and wait for eBay's resolution. Worst case: you can get it repaired by paying something out of your pocket. Also, please share the link of the seller on eBay so people over here can be cautioned before buying from him in future.

Use a battery charger (something like this - http://media.cellphonefocus.com/item/catalog/ux_a07030600ux0090_ux_c.jpg ) to charge the battery of your Nexus, once the battery is full, go into recovery mode (power + volume up + volume down), from there you may be able to reset the device. Meanwhile contact the seller (call him). As for repairing, don't do it else the seller may throw tantrums "You have repaired it, so I won't take it back and blah blah BS"

Try these (Pretty sure you must have tried some)

-Charge using a different charger
-Charge somewhere else, maybe friends place or office (Faulty Plug Point)
-Charge on a different computer (Some computers have a lousy USB port)
-If you can go to recovery, flash the factory image (aka reset it to factory)
-Put your phone's battery in your friends phone and charging it, maybe your phone's battery is faulty? (You tried inserting friend's battery in yours, am asking vice versa)

I had a problem with Galaxy Ace (Cousins), once I rooted and installed Rom Manager, clicked on "Flash Clockwork Mod", the phone never booted up, a shopkeeper repaired it for 500 bucks. But 1 thing I know, Nexus doesn't die so easily ;)

If it show's up as "Samsung Galaxy Nexus" with your friends battery then i guess,it should be charging when connected to the laptop ??
If not then,you just have to wait until any official word from eBay
It shows up as Samsung Galaxy Nexus but doesn't charge. When My friends connects his Gnex with my Dead Battery It starts charging it and also shows up as MTP Device! This is really weird to me as why can't it charge when it can show up as MTP in Laptop?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi..
I too am planning to buy a Gnex from ebay, from which seller did u purchase it?
Seller's ID: http://myworld.ebay.in/mobileaccesories/&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2754
Please friends after the purchase this seller acts really lame and stupid so I request you to take note of my case.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have a password or pin-protected lock screen, it could have happened that while your phone was in your pocket, due to accidental screen taps, the phone was attempted to be unlocked with a wrong passcode for more than 10-15 times. Ofcourse, this is just a guess :p

- - - Updated - - -

Keep calm and wait for eBay's resolution. Worst case: you can get it repaired by paying something out of your pocket. Also, please share the link of the seller on eBay so people over here can be cautioned before buying from him in future.

Waiting for eBay's response fingers crossed but the trouble is they are taking time and I don't mind getting it repaired under warranty but they are two things that stop me:
1) It's a brand new phone which is used for 16 hours and problem was reported within 24 hours to the seller so how can I be sure that this device doesn't acts funny again?
2) Warranty is by Serv Pro a third party so giving a brand new phone to them gives me jitters. Later any issue crops up I am okay with it but this is not correct.

ID is shared so Please beware as he is nice but now acting really bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Use a battery charger (something like this - http://media.cellphonefocus.com/item/catalog/ux_a07030600ux0090_ux_c.jpg ) to charge the battery of your Nexus, once the battery is full, go into recovery mode (power + volume up + volume down), from there you may be able to reset the device. Meanwhile contact the seller (call him). As for repairing, don't do it else the seller may throw tantrums "You have repaired it, so I won't take it back and blah blah BS"

Try these (Pretty sure you must have tried some)

-Charge using a different charger
-Charge somewhere else, maybe friends place or office (Faulty Plug Point)
-Charge on a different computer (Some computers have a lousy USB port)
-If you can go to recovery, flash the factory image (aka reset it to factory)
-Put your phone's battery in your friends phone and charging it, maybe your phone's battery is faulty? (You tried inserting friend's battery in yours, am asking vice versa)

I had a problem with Galaxy Ace (Cousins), once I rooted and installed Rom Manager, clicked on "Flash Clockwork Mod", the phone never booted up, a shopkeeper repaired it for 500 bucks. But 1 thing I know, Nexus doesn't die so easily ;)
Well I can get the battery charged from my friend but still using it gives me shivers unless I see any Final resolution. I have not tried Resetting the Phone so would do that as well today. Rest all points you mentioned I have done :)

Back