The Stock Market Thread

Saiyan said:
^^doc, how much do u pay for sharekhan per year??

what do you mean???? a/c is free, no annual charges, theres only the brokerage amount that you pay for each transaction.

Edit : Oh mine was opened as a corporate deal(not actually, asked sharekhan for a certain deal which they happily obliged after we got 10 friends in the company to open a/c), hence mine is free, dont know how much they charge for normal a/c but i think its all bargaining skills.

i got in the new year and diwali scheme.

no opening charges.
no annual charges.

only yearly demat charges are there, which are simillar for all brokerages.

Hmm.. mine was an online acc. so Initial Rs.750, then yearly Rs.360 ("maintenance" or some crap)
2 friends for offline accs.. initial rs.160, same yearly cahrge though..

i'm surprised to hear people here hav got accs without any initial charge..

saiyan sharekhan do not charge any annual charges for their trading online accounts.

only yearly charge levied is the demat charge which is in range of 300-350 for almost all brokerages.

if you have heavy trader then you may get some discounts.

btw :
from next trading session i mean monday my brokerage is being halved. :D :clap:

hmm Apex i dont have any experience of UTI securities.

But the facilities are present also on Sharekhan, Motilal Oswal, HDFC.

I have been impressed with sharekhan in a way that they are responsive in a fast way, good impressive website, good research articles, ease of use.

You can transfer money through netbanking in a flash and start trading.

Tried with Reliance Money but they rejected my form on silly ridiculous grounds.

Have applied to motilal Oswal for a new demat account and still banging my head over with them to get it through.

No idea abt the responsiveness of their transaction but if you're only looking to invest in MFs, then UTI Securities has a tie up with 23 AMCs as compared to 5-6 available with Sharekhan and 16 available with HDFC. Also HDFC doesn't provide SIP facility. Plz correct me if I'm wrong.

As for share trading and brokerage charges, all firms charge around the same be it one way or the other.

@ medpal: why do u need so many demat accounts? planning a comprehensive review for TE? :lol:

i dont have so many accounts.

but we are a gropu of friends who take up different services so that we get to know the every one of them.

and i have three earning people in my house. so i need 3 different sets of accounts.

now a days accourding to IT people you need to keep your TRADING A/C and INVESTMENT A/C separate so you dontget taxed heavily.

thats why i need 6 different demat accounts and i am in hunt for reviews of different services :p

may be after sometimes i will do a thorough review for TE.

REL @ 1515 :O I'm sure it'll go back to 1950 be4 the weekend.

Supra, I got Wockhardt @ 305 & Neyvelilig @ 140.

They ve always helped me make money and m sure they'll help me pay for the X2s :p

An intermediate bear run is what we're apparently in right now, So the methods that applied in a ragging bull market may not anymore. read this : Sensex may fall another 20% by yr-end . I am no bear.... yet I have been learning my lessons from the markets for some time now.....and that's the way it seems to me to be.

Wonders what all the doom sayers were saying at 6300? are these the same set of people who were screaming buy?:rofl:

IMO its time to buy, for a new High with a stop of 4600 - or an immdiate stop of todays low.

Should open gap up tomorrow.:hap2:

asian markets are up today so indian markets too will be up.

will try to catch REl today if at attractive levels i can enter.

yesterday i got hold of JPASSOCIATES at 290.

Following up with brokerages discussion:
I have fired all the Motilal Oswal employees yesterday here with extreme wroding, those fools put me into offline account rather that online accounts, and were not answering my queries properly.

I was so annoyed with them i gave them mouthfull whole office was looking at me and the person concerned, the head was not office otherwise i would have thrashed him too.

So befor selecting your brokerage house make sure you try to avoid MOTILAL OSWAL.

Supra said:
Bought some TFCI @ 31.65 & JK Lakhsmi Cemnet @ 128.80

JK Lakshmi cement is an excellent pick, at 42ish EPS, it is at 3 times PE.
Have some meself at 115 :D.

I'd suggest people to buy RelCap, if the market recovers expect it to easily go to 2000.

Back