The Windows Phone 7 thread

harish_21_10 said:
Cool...and does its software work for Mac too? For USB tethering.

USB tethering works fine on Linux as well. Didn't need any special drivers. Just had to create a wvdial configuration and I was able to dial a new connection.
Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Is the Marketplace available in India yet?

I do remember entering the MP but now when I try, it says not available in your country/region.

Do I need to change the system language or region of the phone or something?

Yes, marketplace is available in india. You need to have a Live ID registered for India to use it. However, I haven't been able to access marketplace through Zune when the region is set to India on my PC, I just launch marketplace enabler to do that.

DarthVeda said:
Yes, marketplace is available in india. You need to have a Live ID registered for India to use it. However, I haven't been able to access marketplace through Zune when the region is set to India on my PC, I just launch marketplace enabler to do that.

Since, MP is available in US so won't the US ID will work?

By India ID, does that mean @hotmail.co.in one?

Cloud-S said:
Is the Marketplace available in India yet?

I do remember entering the MP but now when I try, it says not available in your country/region.

Do I need to change the system language or region of the phone or something?

yes, marketplace is enabled for india and you will need an indian live id to use it, but the indian marketplace is available only via the website interface: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/marketplace or the phone interface, it doesnt work via zune.

varkey said:
USB tethering works fine on Linux as well. Didn't need any special drivers. Just had to create a wvdial configuration and I was able to dial a new connection.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Thanks for sharing...but I guess Mac will give me issues for tethering from WM7...

Cloud-S said:
Since, MP is available in US so won't the US ID will work?

By India ID, does that mean @hotmail.co.in one?

Then you need to keep your phone region as US, and your computer's locale as US, then it works fine. The only problem is when you try to buy apps/games, you need a card with US address :)

the change log would have said that.. see if your version is 7740, that has the exchange 2003 bug fixed. Also HTC has been enabled internet sharing on their phones, you might have got that as well.

Here's what I did.
Created and linked live.in email with phone. Synced.
System Locale, language etc to India.
But still after loading for a few seconds, says Marketplace not yet available. Any ideas?

IIRC the phone is tied to the very first msn/live account created/linked and the marketplace must be checking the location of that first account. If you want to go desi, probably need to hard reset/wipe the phone afresh - but search for any workarounds, maybe on the xda forum?

vishalrao said:
IIRC the phone is tied to the very first msn/live account created/linked and the marketplace must be checking the location of that first account. If you want to go desi, probably need to hard reset/wipe the phone afresh - but search for any workarounds, maybe on the xda forum?

I already did a full wipe and then used the .in account.

The MP tile does show '2' meaning 2 updates or something are available but when clicked, the some message appears.

Then maybe the marketplace really isn't yet launched/enabled for India? I saw a Nokia ad on TV just a few days ago asking you to SMS a number to "book" the Lumia 800... maybe when its actually launched and on sale, will the marketplace be enabled.

Back