The Windows Phone 7 thread

my PC device manager didn't show anything under Portable Devices or other devices section. Then, I had tried to manually add the device and then, selected the WP7 as the device. The drivers have been installed, but it's showing the error code 10.

DarthVeda said:
Bing maps for bangalore is good but it doesn't have directions enabled if you keep India as the locale, I advise that you install gmaps and use it for all your map search. Bing maps just sucks at finding POI for India.

directions are not enabled? turn by turn directions that we got with mango don't work in india? what do you mean by keeping the locale india?

there is no get direction button in maps if you set system locale to india in Region+language of settings. It has disappeared for me. there was a website which detailed which features of WP7 more of BING, work in which regions

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

tech4pk said:
my PC device manager didn't show anything under Portable Devices or other devices section. Then, I had tried to manually add the device and then, selected the WP7 as the device. The drivers have been installed, but it's showing the error code 10.

i think your device is not recognized by PC itself, try a different USB cable?

guys, i want to use my laptop as a wifi hotspot for my samsung focus.

i want to share my BSNL broadband over wifi. tried connectify bu no luck.

(it doesn't detect the connectify network at all, though it does identify other wifi networks)

any suggestions?

Any ideas which debit/credit cards work with the marketplace? My card gets authorized and it deducts 2bucks to check if the card works, but I cannot buy apps because it cant make the payment.

Any ideas which debit/credit cards work with the marketplace? My card gets authorized and it deducts 2bucks to check if the card works, but I cannot buy apps because it cant make the payment.

I am using sbi credit card with the marketplace and its working fine.

@RS4

How to add a Credit Card/Debit Card to purchase an app from Marketplace?

I am using an indian account as the billing address of my card is india, linked my card to the live account here: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/marketplace

i have bought apps from both phone as well as marketplace website after linking the card with the live account.

hey guys..been using the Lumia 710 for almost a month now..really loving the Windows experience..just the market that is lacking..

anyone here got the $25 app card??

posted the review here...http://techforumindi...hp?topic=5689.0

btw guys, any idea if the Omnia W have voice navigation? Was planning to buy one for dad, he uses GPS so wanted to know...

25$ app card is a US only promotion, nokia drive is exclusive to nokia devices but it has been hacked and even i am using nokia drive on my samsung focus
<

But still will advise you to get a nokia Lumia phone as you will get regular updates to the nokia drive software.

did you guys update your phone to 8107 build? you don't need to unlock your phone to do that or wait for ZUNE to tell you that an update is waiting.

Back