The Windows Phone 7 thread

fellas, i have got a few qns looming in my mind and your response/ feedback would be very helpful:

1. does WP7 allow us to install G maps? i find bing not to be satisfactory.
2. does a average user find all the essential stuffs (BT, music transfer, USB mass storage, GPS etc) in this platform?

my queries may sound to be noob, but jump to W7 bandwagon after a long hiatus with Symbian (currently using C6-01, Anna)

also, last but not the least, how is the Samsung Omnia W I8350? i like most of the things about it.. and for once.. you get a decent outer get up from Samsung. :)
Thanks in advance!

mail2abhi81 said:
fellas, i have got a few qns looming in my mind and your response/ feedback would be very helpful:

1. does WP7 allow us to install G maps? i find bing not to be satisfactory.

2. does a average user find all the essential stuffs (BT, music transfer, USB mass storage, GPS etc) in this platform?

my queries may sound to be noob, but jump to W7 bandwagon after a long hiatus with Symbian (currently using C6-01, Anna)

also, last but not the least, how is the Samsung Omnia W I8350? i like most of the things about it.. and for once.. you get a decent outer get up from Samsung. :)

Thanks in advance!

Yup, Gmaps are available for WP.

I am giving up on WP. Maybe I will revisit after next version of OS is launched. All the limitations got on my nerves finally(Mostly the damning Zune). Bought cheap G2X instead as my second phone to replace Focus.

Bing is not yet ready for india, I use gmaps and xmaps (for tracking and recording, offline maps) for maps. there is no way to transfer files via blue tooth, You have to use zune to transfer music to and fro. I really don't need USB mass storage feature, I use skydrive for most of the requirements and sync my phone to my PC via WiFI. Bluetooth is used mainly for music and calls.

Friends, I got a new Samsung Focus and when I try to connect to my computer, it's not being recognized. I had tried various suggestions but of no luck

Anyone has any clue for me please?

I am having Windows 7 laptop and also, Zune is already installed as I have Zune 30 player. Where to get the Samsung's drivers? I had searching in the samsung's site, but could not find them.

Thanks @agantuk for your prompt responses, and really appreciate your help. I will check those drivers and will try. I will post my updates on how it goes.

ssk the gr8 said:
finally a nice review of the phone i want :p

Samsung I8350 Omnia W review: By the playbook - GSMArena.com

can anyone confirm whether this has gorilla glass or not?

2ndly, bing maps , are they good for a city like bangalore?

Bing maps for bangalore is good but it doesn't have directions enabled if you keep India as the locale, I advise that you install gmaps and use it for all your map search. Bing maps just sucks at finding POI for India.

I have tried installing those Samsung drivers, but of no luck. Not sure what else do I need to do? Appreciate your inpts.
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

tech4pk said:
I have tried installing those Samsung drivers, but of no luck. Not sure what else do I need to do? Appreciate your inpts.

Other usual steps include uninstalling Zune and doing a fresh install and then upgrading to the latest version. I guess your phone isn't yet in Mango as you have not been able to connect it to Zune.

Hi @agantuk, yah I am still on ver 7.0
Not sure whether its a problem with Zune or drivers
will try to reinstall zune

Back