The Windows Phone 7 thread

IMO the main advantage the Nokia 710 has over the Omnia W is the Nokia maps. Omnia W's advantage over the Nokia 710 is the secondary camera. All other differences aren't much of a big difference IMO.

Now what you really have to decide is whether Nokia maps is more useful than a secondary camera to you. I personally don't see much use of a secondary camera, but each person has his own preferences. Also, if you've used Nokia maps before, you'll really appreciate how awesome it is. It's simply the best navigation app among all platforms for India.

Hi,

I am facing an issue with my Samsung Foucs (at&t on 7720 rom),

The problem is some times incoming SMS doesn't get delivered on my phone, they might be getting jammed or something.

I receive all the messages after 4-5 hours or sometimes after 1-2 days or doesn't get delivered at times.

Its not network issue as i checked with different sims from different operators, the problem still exists.

I tried to update it but zune says there is no update availble. (phone is not interop unlocked)

Did anyone face the similar issue, any solution for this.

^^ I am using Samsung focus(7720), there is no such problem with sms incoming/outgoing.

Solutions: Try hard reset.

I am using Samsung focus(7720) too, never faced any issues. Just check with your service provider is any issues.

One thing I found out was.. on my SGS2 I had installed ADW Launcher. That was somehow messing up the SMS.

I installed GO Launcher and things are alright !! Not sure why / how did ADW interfere with the SMS part
<

@ DJ > i have already checked with different network SIM's and the problem still exists, so i hope its not network provider issue.

also used the same sim in other phone and its working fine without any delay.

@RS4 > so it seems i have to backup all the data and go with hard reset,

i have another option to cook a custom rom available @ XDA forum but will i be able to get my next update i.e TANGO....?

@ DJ > i have already checked with different network SIM's and the problem still exists, so i hope its not network provider issue.

also used the same sim in other phone and its working fine without any delay.

@RS4 > so it seems i have to backup all the data and go with hard reset,

i have another option to cook a custom rom available @ XDA forum but will i be able to get my next update i.e TANGO....?

Songs and videos can be synced from zune.

Photos/pics from Zune or skydrive

contacts from windows live/google contacts

Documents from skydrive

So the only thing you will be losing is SMS and Apps.

There are some tools on xda to backup sms and use the app "Reinstaller" for easier re-installation of apps.

You can go for a custom rom if you wish, anyways xda folks will ensure that you get Tango and later updates.

^^ i think in both the options i should be taking a backup, so better try the reset option and if that doesn't work then will go for custom Rom option.

Thanks for the support...
<

Guys, any startup guide for a new user?

I am getting a Samsung Focus in a week and have no idea how to configure contacts, load apps, Jailbreak, install 3rd party apps. Any reliable links would be cool

#vercetti lamer use Google sync for contacts, apps are their in the market and for side loading apps ( i am not 100% sure even if there are any) .Look up in XDA for rooting a.k.a jailbreaking a.k.a unlocking.

Songs and videos can be synced from zune. Photos/pics from Zune or skydrive contacts from windows live/google contacts Documents from skydrive So the only thing you will be losing is SMS and Apps. There are some tools on xda to backup sms and use the app "Reinstaller" for easier re-installation of apps. You can go for a custom rom if you wish, anyways xda folks will ensure that you get Tango and later updates.

Tried the hard reset but the problem still exists, now i have no other option than going for the custom rom. but i am so lazy
<
dat now i am thinking of changing the phone instead.....

I Created a thread on mobile buying advice regarding buying an windows phone but nobody replied to it so i am posting some of my quries about the os before switching to it.

I have the habit of having only some songs from my library on my mobile.I convert the songs and add tags before adding them to the device,in that case Can i maintain an

separate library for zune and remove songs from the library once i have added them to phone but not to be removed from the phone when i resync?

also can i add facebook acc to the phone but stop it syncing with the phone contacts and allow only Google account to sync contacts with the phone?.

Also are there any good offline dictionary,unit converter.

I Created a thread on mobile buying advice regarding buying an windows phone but nobody replied to it so i am posting some of my quries about the os before switching to it.

both the things, selctive syncing with zune and hiding facebook contacts is possible, but i would suggested keeping the fb contacts on, it's the best thing about WP

Offline dictionary: Dictionary.com

Unit converter: unit converter from microsoft corp., lots of other converter apps in marketplace

Back