The Windows Phone 7 thread

Update - Been a week since bought the phone, and am loving it each day. Fluidity is smooth and response is awesome. Also the keyboard is darn fast and good. Being rooted it's easy to deploy xap files and with the advanced congif (Metro Themes, accent colors, etc) it allows the tiles and the background to be a bit color customised!

EG:

29lk1zo.jpg

PS: The watch updates every min, it was about to change when clicked. May be something with screen capturer
<

Now need to learn how to ahem the device further!
<

Wow!! To expensive...Even angry birds is not free...

How much does this game cost in Android market place?

Update - Been a week since bought the phone, and am loving it each day. Fluidity is smooth and response is awesome. Also the keyboard is darn fast and good. Being rooted it's easy to deploy xap files and with the advanced congif (Metro Themes, accent colors, etc) it allows the tiles and the background to be a bit color customised!

EG:

29lk1zo.jpg

PS: The watch updates every min, it was about to change when clicked. May be something with screen capturer
tongu23e.gif

Now need to learn how to ahem the device further!
123.gif

WP7 can be jailbroken?
<

I didn't know?

So my cousin took my iphone and i dont want to go back to buggy android. Now i am thinking of getting omnia w. Its available for 13.5k locally. Should i go ahead? I heard it had some issues with video playback.

I can add Swype then , after jail breaking?

What about BT file transfer?

I don't think there is any app like that in the first place. MS is pretty strict with the functionality of WP, so no phone manufacturer has tried making a Swype keyboard nor has anyone else on the market, and even if that was made it would be difficult to replace the stock keyboard.

BT File Transfer app is available but its a bit buggy plus has some inherent issues. Like you can send and receive photos easily I believe, but received songs and video won't be detected by the Zune player. So basically for received songs and videos, you will need to first transfer them to your PC and then resync them back to your phone to get them detected by the Zune player.

Guys, got this phone for my dad, it is neat, although he is not very impressed coming from a E75.

He requires:

Profiles option - to toggle ringtones

SMS for incoming call - Symbian has this option, during an incoming call, you hit the 'Options' button and send a template sms like ' I cant take you call right now, will call back later'. I have downloaded SMSmachine, but its not hooked to the incoming calls.

Any apps taht perform the above mentioned requirements?

Hey guys, how much would it cost me to get a Windows Phone unlocked? And is there some concept of what firmware, etc. can be unlocked and what not?

Profiles option - to toggle ringtones

In WMP you can press the volume up or down button. The vloume bar shows up in the screen. Click the Round button that has a bell icon, that puts the phone into silent (vibrate) mode. AFAIK there are no profiles for WMP. Android is worst, one needs to decrease the volume all the way to make it silent.

In WMP you can press the volume up or down button. The vloume bar shows up in the screen. Click the Round button that has a bell icon, that puts the phone into silent (vibrate) mode. AFAIK there are no profiles for WMP. Android is worst, one needs to decrease the volume all the way to make it silent.

Bro, android has widgets (some right on the lock screen to do what ever you wish).

A friend got himself a Lumia 710 yesterday and I happened to fiddle around with a Lumia 800 for at least an hour. I thoroughly loved the display, UI and WP 7.5 as a whole. As a matter of fact, I might switch from my iPh 3G to a WP based device next. I am waiting for the next iteration of the iPh and see what Apple has in store. It is bound to be a lot more expensive than any WP device out there but 95% I'll switch to a WP device. At least that much is SET!
happy55.gif

The fluid interface, the apps and the OOTB experience is really good. No need of that useless tinkering, *tsk tsk the other OS* which makes the user feel that he is a scientist!

Besides the default unlock swipe there's an option to silent the phone from the lock screen, out of box functionality in Android.

Hey guys, how much would it cost me to get a Windows Phone unlocked? And is there some concept of what firmware, etc. can be unlocked and what not?

The windows phones purchased locally are all unlocked, all latest come with the mango update.

Yea, Mykey figured that out, thanks.

Bro, android has widgets (some right on the lock screen to do what ever you wish).

That ship has now sailed, my only regret of not getting him a driod is the apps, but he is now getting used to the WP.

I havent read the article, but seems like bad news.

A friend got himself a Lumia 710 yesterday and I happened to fiddle around with a Lumia 800 for at least an hour. I thoroughly loved the display, UI and WP 7.5 as a whole. As a matter of fact, I might switch from my iPh 3G to a WP based device next. I am waiting for the next iteration of the iPh and see what Apple has in store. It is bound to be a lot more expensive than any WP device out there but 95% I'll switch to a WP device. At least that much is SET!
happy55.gif

The fluid interface, the apps and the OOTB experience is really good. No need of that useless tinkering, *tsk tsk the other OS* which makes the user feel that he is a scientist!

Totally, its the closest to the iOS experience, simple and lovely interface. Does have its quirks, but I think its way better relatively to the other OSes since inception.

Besides the default unlock swipe there's an option to silent the phone from the lock screen, out of box functionality in Android.

Yea folks, we all know Android is more customizable, but I already have the Lumia 710, and he is getting used to it, and I am sure will love it once he is accustomed.

The Zune syncing is a pain, but it aint that bad.

The windows phones purchased locally are all unlocked, all latest come with the mango update.

I am aware of this, but was asking coz I might buy my friends Samsung Focus S. Which is gonna be coming from US and AT&T locked. Anyways did some google search and found some answers.

Now I need some advice on what phone to get.

1.Samsung Focus S for around 14k, locked and no warranty. OR

2.Samsung Omnia W for 9k, with 10months warranty

I am not very particular about the warranty here but then you never know when it might come in handy. Where as Samsung Focus S specs sheet is pretty impressive, issue being I will have to wait longer to get this one
<

Also, I need a confirmation about the Nokia Drive in Nokia Lumia 710. Does it work offline without any GPRS,3G,Wi-fi? Whats the funda?

Back