Top Upcoming Games For PS2 in 2006 !

I hated Budokai's 3 storyline mode though. Too much of flying around the same small area. I like Budokai 2's board game storyline mode better :p And Tenkaichi has a good one too. Besides that, i don't see much of a difference between Budokai and Tenkaichi. They can go with anyone but not DBZ Sagas! Sagas was HORRIBLE!

BTW, every DB fan (regardless if he's played the game or not) MUST see the opening animation FMV of Tenkaichi. The way Goku and Buu take their fight through the walls of time is incredible! a must see, downlod it here (8mb) -

http://c.streamingmovies.ign.com/ps2/article/646/646068/dragonball_082905_01_wmvlow.wmv

E3 2006: God of War II Hands-on​
We take control of Kratos and kick all kinds of ass.
As expected, Sony's highly anticipated follow-up to our 2005 Game of the Year is on display at its E3 2006 booth. Yes, God of War II is playable, and yes, it's awesome.

On Monday we posted our impressions of an early version of this demo that we'd seen running a few weeks ago, which you can read right here. Much of the demo on the floor is the same that we'd seen at Sony's Pre-E3 event, though curiously missing is the introductory flying segment with Kratos atop a Pegasus. That's rather disappointing as we wanted to see how the flight controls worked for ourselves, but the rest of the demo is anything but disappointing.

The game's controls work exactly the same as last time out, though a few things seem to have been simplified, though possibly only for the demo. For instance, rather than tapping R1 in order to open doors and chests, you just need to hold it. The sequence where you need to dump the large outdoor room into lava to form a bridge (see link above for details) requires that you need to mash on Circle, but for repeating things like chests you just need to hold R1.

We did see a pretty sweet killing animation that we didn't remember from the demo. When the first set of the three short mutants appeared, we started hacking away at them like no tomorrow. They're wielding dual axes, so performing a grab followed by an attack has Kratos grab one of the axes from its hands and begin to slaughter the creature with his own weapon. After slashing it four or five times and letting the mutant fall to the ground, Kratos yanks back and chops into its body one last time with everything he has. It's pretty damn brutal, and we love it.

As it's on display for the general masses, the game seems tweaked to be quite a bit easier than the original. We imagine this really is only a temporary tweak so that players don't get frustrated, so we're still expecting a nice challenge when it's released.

Again, God of War II looks freakin' awesome so far and is exactly what we'd expect to see in the sequel, which is quite a feat being how exceptional the first game was.
Source : IGN

u knw if theyre making an ultimate mortal kombat again .. they should include all the endings frm the beginning.. i mean babality brutality friendship ... it would be fun to see them again.. the fatalities in deception are very dissapointing... theyre saying theres gonna be anew fatality system in armagedon.. lesse hw tht goes..

^I'll agree. The fatalities and Deception were dissapointing. Not only wasn't there a big library of fatalities but most of them were not even gory as the past MK's and unfunny. like sub-zero freezing the opponent and then breaking the opponent into pieces, or some character i forgot who just simply ripped the arms out. If anyone's seen the fatalies from past MK's will find them incredibly lame, the animations didn't really give any effects too.

So lets hope Armageddon sees a tons of gory ones, like Scorpian sending his lizard into the opponents stomach but sends it through the mouth and it pulls out the liver out with blood everywhere, or Rayden flying the opponent inside a huge sandwich of thousands of razer sharp and real pointy, shiny ones with complete animations of the metal covered with red blood enter every inch of the body.....that's true Mortal Kombat. FATALITY!

this is the ps2 thread. Btw, are plans going good for your moddable simulators? Wonder how long till they make something which'll look better than GT on Ps3.

lol it's already been made. GTR2 looks better than GT on ps3. And you can race 70 cars at once. Plus we get authentic individually modelled cockpits.

As for mods, the FREE f1 mod for rFactor looks as good as f12006 on ps3.
http://racingmag.gamesurf.tiscali.de/ctdp/index.php?type=gallery&cat=111&urcat=99

Ofcourse physics, realtime weather and damage modelling will be far far superior as always. And there will be season and livery updates as fast as the actual teams can change them.

I knew i had that coming somehow. Anyways, great stuff there, wonder why stuff like that aren't popular. I'm sure half the guys would dump their GT Ps3 plans if they found their PC's could right now do something similiar or even better.

Well, they aren't exactly pickup & drive. Not to mention each and every car drives completely different.
They are very popular in all the right circles though. Otherwise extremely talented teams of modders wouldn't be pumping out hi-quality season updates every year for free.

params7 said:
this is the ps2 thread.
My bad. Somehow I always thought it was for all sony playstation releases.

Thanx alot Aniruddh ! Although Ur Reps does'nt mean anything but still I Highly Appreciate it :)!

As Far as This Thread is concerned , I am Done with it ! So Dont expect any Updates from me in the Future !

Hey bluffmaster...

Please keep updating them....

Love reading about the latest games...

is this cos the mods refused to make it a sticky thread?

Common mate... keep updating it...

^^Actually according to the Reviews its a carbon copy of the PSP version ! Even the Graphics r same and no additional content watsoever.... But anyways its still a GTA and it still Rules ! :)

Back