Trackers - Discussions Thread

TorrentDay started a seperate FLAC/Lossless Audio section

Only a few files that are moved to this new section and seeders are less. Hope it gets better

BlackCats is down at the moment
they have changed the rules for referrals now, you have to be power user to gain referrals in BCG
to be power user you need to download at least 250GB

hey guys this tracker mega-bliz.nl is awesome, they donot do hit and run they have no issues on members who hit and run, could be a great one for those who have always been on demonoid and other public trackers.

they have a promo too for signups, u get 2 invites, 50gb upload and 2000 karma

seems friendly and good

hey guys this tracker mega-bliz.nl is awesome, they donot do hit and run they have no issues on members who hit and run, could be a great one for those who have always been on demonoid and other public trackers.

they have a promo too for signups, u get 2 invites, 50gb upload and 2000 karma

seems friendly and good

Tracker with no hit and run policy will suffer a lot in no of seeder any torrent can have.

I have tl,scc,ipt,tvtorrents.com.these are enough for general stuff.

Guys..I just got 2x H&R warnings out on IPT.

1. Was DL'ing the two files.
2. Lights went, so switched of my machine.
3. Saw that I have 2 warnings.

How can this be H&R; when the files have not even been 100 percent; completed [both]; this way any file which is stopped as a DL will qualify for H&R. I wrote to the staff, but they do not seem to understand this.

How can this be H&R; when the files have not even been 100 percent.

That sort of a system has been implemented at other places as well.
Say if a person has a torrent which is 99 % done, you stop and remove it.. a good chance that it ll be playable (if its a vid file) and the leecher can have the file and not be reseeding it.

But they have implemented buying out the HnR warnings with the bonus pts, so that ll help the cause.

^^
But I did not remove it. I just stopped it. I.E.; the net connection broke. Or even if I stop a file manually. How is this H&R..?

As far as they are concerned, your account registered it as Started.
Once started, their tracker will record it as partially downloaded.. whether u stop it, remove it.. or your connection fails before the 100 percent completion takes place.
That is how the tracker will record and show its status in their books - Stopped.

Now its upto you to finish it a 100 percent, and get it off your back.

REMEMBER: You need to download all the files in the torrent to be able to change its status as COMPLETE. Only after its registered as COMPLETED, one gains seed points on a torrent.

A Hit and run has 2 categories

1) Seeded hit and run : Torrent which you have downloaded fully, not attained 1:1 ratio on it.. but you are seeding it.
2) Hit and Run: You havent completed/completed and not attained 1:1 on it and not even seeding it.

Yours is the 2nd category.

As far as they are concerned, your account registered it as Started.
Once started, their tracker will record it as partially downloaded, whether u stop it, remove it.. or your connection fails before the 100 percent completion takes place.
That is how the tracker will record and show its status in their books - Stopped.

Now its upto you to finish it a 100 percent, and get it off your back.

REMEMBER: You need to download all the files in the torrent to be able to gain seed points on it.

A Hit and run has 2 categories

1) Seeded hit and run : Torrent which you have downloaded fully, not attained 1:1 ratio on it.. but you are seeding it.
2) Hit and Run: You havent completed/completed and not attained 1:1 on it and not even seeding it.

Yours is the 2nd category.

True, I understand what you are saying...but then this will happen to any file I DL. It will register as H&R. If I am doing a 16GB unit, of course the client is going to stop be it for what ever reason. This never used to happen . I can easily remove it, using 50 bonus points, but accumulation of H&R will result in a ban. I do not want that, bro.

After the new system, members will be registered for either Seeded Hit and Run, or Hit and Run simply.
Now the torrents will have to be kept on till you attain 1:1 ratio. OR Ideally you seed the torrent file for enough time to gain the required bonus pts to buy your HnR status away. If you already have 50 pts in ur kitty, you can go scot free immediately (which is a flaw).

Atm, they havent mentioned about banning but only warnings and stuff.
But this is a successful system. Allows for the torrents to be kept alive for longer periods. Just keep the torrent on and you ll be fine. Seeded hit and runs doesnt makes for bad reputation with staff.

With this system, Problem arises when you try downloading selective files from a pack, like one season of a sitcom from a torrent consisting of 2 or more seasons. FL set are exempted though.

Atm, they havent mentioned about banning but only warnings and stuff.
But this is a successful system. Allows for the torrents to be kept alive for longer periods. Just keep the torrent on and you ll be fine. Seeded hit and runs doesnt makes for bad reputation with staff.

Well, when I asked them, they said "too many" H&R, will result in account being disabled. Not sure, if I am going to DL off IPT anymore.

When they said too many HnR, they were not hinting towards Seeded HnR, as they are going to be the norms from now on.

Dont panic mate. They still have lots of other things in the works like removing HnR when a new month starts. So just keep HnR seeded as i mentioned, and nobody can touch you.
Its only that its a new system is making you feel jittery. Believe me, before you.. many other noobs/slam bam boom bang people there would have hit the roof already.

When they said too many HnR, they were not hinting towards Seeded HnR, as they are going to be the norms from now on.

Dont panic mate. They still have lots of other things in the works like removing HnR when a new month starts. So just keep HnR seeded as i mentioned, and nobody can touch you.
Its only that its a new system is making you feel jittery. Believe me, before you.. many other noobs/slam bam boom bang people there would have hit the roof already.

Bro, once I DL a file, I never switch it off for seeding, unless my machine is off and/or the connection breaks. So I ~seed 18-22 hours per day. Now, if I am DL'ing a file, and am say 60 percent; through, and for the reasons mentioned the DL stops, how the F*** is it H&R. [pardon the french]. batao...? It is not even completed for Christ's sake.

Back