Trackers - Discussions Thread

Its an HnR cuz once started, its a baggage on your account till its not seeded 1:1 or purchased off.
And Yea that ll be a bit of a niggle. And i stress on the niggle part, cuz its gonna be nothing more than that:
1) You can always buy the HnR off.
2) You can always start it again and take it out.

Be thankful on the 1) part as its a major flaw. Other sites which implement such systems are downright snooty (doest allows buying + seeding it for fixed amount is necessary and the time of seeding increases as the torrent size increases) and makes life a wee bit strained. But it has only made sites more efficient for DL stuff.

So just let the aftershocks pass away, and we both will find these posts silly :p
Cuz think about it, every fresh DL from now on will be either a HnR or Seeded HnR. FL packs be exempted.. so people will be in the same boat.

Its an HnR cuz once started, its a baggage on your account till its not seeded 1:1 or purchased off.
And Yea that ll be a bit of a niggle. And i stress on the niggle part, cuz its gonna be nothing more than that:
1) You can always buy the HnR off.
2) You can always start it again and take it out.

Be thankful on the 1) part as its a major flaw. Other sites which implement such systems are downright snooty (doest allows buying + seeding it for fixed amount is necessary and the time of seeding increases as the torrent size increases) and makes life a wee bit strained. But it has only made sites more efficient for DL stuff.

So just let the aftershocks pass away, and we both will find these posts silly :p
Cuz think about it, every fresh DL from now on will be either a HnR or Seeded HnR. FL packs be exempted.. so people will be in the same boat.

Bro this is the logic I got from them:

No, you can stop the download at any point up to 50%, once you download more than 50% of it and stop seeding before it hits a 1:1 ratio you will get the H&R notice

Which is lame and dumb. For large stuff, of course we are going to stop and turn of clients, or connections will break. I am completing my 2 large packs, and will stop stuff from here. Lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the full thing:

2012-08-23 - NEW Hit & Run System
Hello IPT members,

We are proud to announce that, as of today, we have a new system for Hit and running.

If you have any Hit and Runs, a text will appear next to your bonus points : " X Torrents Require Seeding "

Here is how the system works :

If ratio is lower than 1, the torrent will appear on that list. Once your ratio is higher than 1, the torrent will be removed from the list.

If you downloaded 10% / 20% / etc. of a torrent that you are no longer leeching/seeding and your ratio is lower than 1, the torrent will appear on that list until you have a ratio higher than 1. For example, if you download only 1 movie out of a 100GB pack, you still have to seed that torrent to a 1.0 ratio. You don't have to upload 100GB on that torrent, just give back what you took from it.

If you want to remove a HNR (Hit and Run), you can do that using the "50 bonus points" option from the HNR page.

Important to know about our new system :

1. All torrents from IPT are checked and added to the system.

For example, if you download an OLD torrent and don't have a 1.0 ratio on it, it will be added to your HNR list. Even though there are no active users on that torrent for you to increase your ratio, you can continue seeding that torrent for a few days to get 100 bonus points and remove it from the list.

1.1. Users get 0.2 bonus points / hour. 0.2 * 1 torrent seeded for 24 hours = 4,8 bonus points / day. If you seed 10 torrents, for 24 hours, you get 48 bonus points / day.

2. Users who donated for a month of FreeLeech status will not see the " X Torrents Require Seeding " page.

3. Donors (VIP status) will not get any warnings from the HNR system, but they will be asked to seed back.

4. The list updates every 30 minutes.

Which is lame and dumb. For large stuff, of course we are going to stop and turn of clients, or connections will break. I am completing my 2 large packs, and will stop stuff from here. Lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the full thing:
once you do read between the lines, you will realize that this "New set of rules" is not even 1 percent (dude where's my Char?!) as bad as it sounds
if anything, things are better for everyone now :)

Yea, i got the info later on as well.
My main concern was that if a person starts off the sample vid just for a preview and later decides against getting the full thing, downloader will be in a soup even then. But this less than 50 percent thing actually is addressing that very concern. Just imagine, If you are to download a sample and earn yourself an HnR.. even when you decide not to download the full content.. that ll be more than lame tbh.
With less than 50 percent not earning you an HnR, not only this problem has been taken care of.. you have now effectively 2 major flaws to exploit. :p

Anyone on Torrent Damage(TD) ?
How do you guys find that tracker ? I find it really hard to seed torrents on it,no takers for what i download :annoyed:

Can you guys give me some tips for TD ? or as a matter of fact any private tracker ?
Since demonoid closed down,i'm kinda homeless when it comes to private trackers :p

Anyone on Torrent Damage(TD) ?
How do you guys find that tracker ? I find it really hard to seed torrents on it,no takers for what i download :annoyed:

Can you guys give me some tips for TD ? or as a matter of fact any private tracker ?
Since demonoid closed down,i'm kinda homeless when it comes to private trackers :p

Demonoid was semi private,not private.
You can try to have iptorrents,easiest to seed...

Yea, i got the info later on as well.
My main concern was that if a person starts off the sample vid just for a preview and later decides against getting the full thing, downloader will be in a soup even then. But this less than 50 percent thing actually is addressing that very concern. Just imagine, If you are to download a sample and earn yourself an HnR.. even when you decide not to download the full content.. that ll be more than lame tbh.
With less than 50 percent not earning you an HnR, not only this problem has been taken care of.. you have now effectively 2 major flaws to exploit. :p

That is the thing. One has to seed 1:1; else use bonus points to wash it off. But they have said, every month when they purge the lists, they will restart at 0. God knows what that means. Any ways, I was given the HnR signal yesterday, when I had stopped a torrent at 40 percent. So not sure if their 50 percent thing is working. And 2nd to this, they are de-automating the whole process. We now have to keep a watch for HnR; purge them if they are not being picked up for proper seed. Imagine when the John Doe CAPs start. It will be a mess. So for now, I am not adding new torrents from IPT on my client. TD is just as good.

Anyone facing problems with IPTorrents on a BSNL connection.
Mine is giving me problems from the last 2days. The tracker shows offline. I have to click on Update Tracker lots of timesto get it to start. But after 10mins, tracker goes offline in utorrent yet again

RevoTT hacked

Hi guys,

Its news yes, RevoTT one of the private trackers been hacked. Info available is not sound yet but enough to raise alarms about the safety and security on that tracker.

Current information available states that all username and passwords have been revealed in a txt file which can be downloaded from :

RevTT accounts and passwords ( [url]www.revolutiontt.me ) - Enjoy (download torrent) - TPB[/url]

Further adding,

I am adding what i have learned while putting this here for every1. This is the message put on RevoTT

This is the message on RevoTT

Hello, RevTT is hacked by Afghanistan Hackers !!! Over 50k Usernames and Passwords of Revolutiontt.me Download and enjoy ;) Login to your favorite account and change the password and email and enjoy to the maximum =) Leech, close the account and rock n roll :) All passwords are listed in a document file .rtf (Rich Text Document). We have full database. all usernames and passwords of RevTT private tracker. This is just a part of usernames and password, we will release the rest after 1-2 weeks ;) Just want to give you all a wake up call tht RevTT is not safe site, i respect privacy that's why i didn't release your IP addresses. So you better think twice before using RevTT website. Enjoy and Wait for next release after 1-2 weeks. HEIL AFGHANISTAN !!! Regards Afghan Hackers

well tbh was it a hack ? or something in their own ranks ? strange fact that it has happened, one really needs to be cautious using the tracker for a while

well tbh was it a hack ? or something in their own ranks ? strange fact that it has happened, one really needs to be cautious using the tracker for a while
apparently the intruders just got into some unprotected log file in the old database backup
which explains why so many of the user-password combo weren't working

note:
i didn't use the word "hack" as frankly speaking there weren't any
if you leave your Mercedes at the middle of the road with the keys still in ignition,
and it gets taken by someone you wouldn't call it a daring robbery would you ? ;)

Back