Trackers - Discussions Thread

asingh said:
Friends, on one of my PTs even when my client is off (system too), it still showing I am UL'ing 5 files. I have them for seed, but how come when everything is off.?

And when I pull up currently seeding it is showing some file 2x, so the count is greater than what I am seeding.
Flush torrents.

Re: The Tracker's Discussions Thread

dinjo said:
Flush torrents.

wait for the tracker to update, look back again in about an hour, if u see them same seeding contact staff ask for a flush of ur ghost torrents.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ggt said:
Err! i am not a torrent guy :S :p

never knew what ggt meant in torrent jargon :p

lmao i love GFT, its my no1 grab tracker, no hassles with ratio, love uploading frm there

vishalk said:
wait for the tracker to update, look back again in about an hour, if u see them same seeding contact staff ask for a flush of ur ghost torrents.

Okay will do that. Still showing 4-5 extra. Thanks. Hope this is not tracked as cheating..?

dinjo said:
^ Greedy Torrent

@gamingstill - Now forget about getting a invite from here

i know its bad to upload bad data and now i realized it after losing ipt account :(. I never used GT that much, just used to maintain ratio of 1 from .8-.9 that's all. And BTW everyone do mistakes,its always good to realize mistakes and to learn from it. :)

^^

Yea, true that is learning and living. Though -- what was your total stint at IPT..?

asingh said:
Okay will do that. Still showing 4-5 extra. Thanks. Hope this is not tracked as cheating..?

nopes not cheating m8 relax just pm a mod exit utorrent completly and ask for a flush, best go on that trackers irc help chan and get it done.

Disable DHT and PEX , it got me disabled 2 years back. The IPT Mods themselevs game me another invite , but still i couldn;t get my old account with nick 'mitraark' back :(

mitraark said:
Disable DHT and PEX , it got me disabled 2 years back. The IPT Mods themselevs game me another invite , but still i couldn;t get my old account with nick 'mitraark' back :(

That is the first thing I do when setting up a new DL client. :)

Getting banned over DHT & PEX is a bit harsh imho. I was not knowing about what they were back in college days & I just got a warning from TL to disable it.

Ideally they should have at least warned you first.

somu said:
Getting banned over DHT & PEX is a bit harsh imho. I was not knowing about what they were back in college days & I just got a warning from TL to disable it.

Ideally they should have at least warned you first.

thats outrageous, no tracker i have known until now has banned ppl for using DHT or PEX, they can at the least warn you for not using it but banning is a bit too out of the way, even the tracker i staff on donnot ban ppl

vishalk said:
thats outrageous, no tracker i have known until now has banned ppl for using DHT or PEX, they can at the least warn you for not using it but banning is a bit too out of the way, even the tracker i staff on donnot ban ppl

It happened around a year and a half back , IPT disabled many users , when asked about it in IRC , they said it was due to DHT and PEX issues.

Well they say using DHT/PEX you 'may' supply data to clients not on the source tracker. It is in their forums, so better to adhere to it.

asingh said:
Well they say using DHT/PEX you 'may' supply data to clients not on the source tracker. It is in their forums, so better to adhere to it.

yes thats correct, usually all PT'S donot allow DHT nd PEX, usually now adays its blocked from the trackers end so wether u disable it or not, its non functional on that mentioned tracker. However, if u know how to misue DHT and PEX, then u can be clasified as cheat and can be banned

xtremevicky said:
My DHT has been enabled for years :|

Please do not be indifferent to DHT = YES. Most of the PT forums strictly mention to disable it. I have seen cases of people whining and crying how they were banned (at times auto banned) when this flag was enabled. It really surprises me to see that something as simple as following generic rules set up by a PT, you find difficult to follow. When I read about it being disabled (yes mine too used to be on, since it is the default torrent client setting) --- I read up about it, and it made sense why they 'request' it too be off. Rest is your choice. It just takes one system triggered procedure to throw all your ratio's buffers, and the capability to DL further out the window. What happens to your invite tree, and original initiator is God's grace and the staff mercy. Be careful.

Most of the PT's have DHT disabled at there end as Vishal pointed out .

I was saying my DHT was enabled for years and was never affected any trackers . Ever since I started downloading from PT, it has been disabled !

The point is it is just Harsh to ban someone for such things .

xtremevicky said:
Most of the PT's have DHT disabled at there end as Vishal pointed out .

I was saying my DHT was enabled for years and was never affected any trackers . Ever since I started downloading from PT, it has been disabled !

The point is it is just Harsh to ban someone for such things .

Well then you should have been more precise in your post and not got the lecture from me. :)

I do not care even if God tells me that it is disabled on their back end. Till their guides/forums mention a certain setting I will follow it. I think it is justified the ban to keep it on. It supplies incorrect data to non subscribed users, which is not fair to the the tracker engine. Your client will also report-in incorrect UL's each time it syncs to the server. What is harsh in that..? They are protecting their assets and negating circumvention of the system. See, I am super careful because getting UL buffers has been a painful (but fun) process for me. No ways I want to loose those privileges or be black marked cause I forgot a measly check box...!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

By the way, Vishal thanks about the ghost torrent flush. Was able to get my record cleared. Appreciate it.

Back