Trackers - Discussions Thread

Anyone here able to seed on JIO Fiber. They re behind a double NAT so cannot open ports for peer upload.

:(

Seedbox..?

Anyone here able to seed on JIO Fiber. They re behind a double NAT so cannot open ports for peer upload.

:(

Seedbox..?
You have a few options. Seedbox, VPN with split tunneling (wireguard is easy to configure) or get a cheap VPS and install VPN server there.

You can also use your seedbox as VPN.

You have a few options. Seedbox, VPN with split tunneling (wireguard is easy to configure) or get a cheap VPS and install VPN server there.

You can also use your seedbox as VPN.

Thanks.

Seedbox seems like the best option, but it is a recurring cost. Managed to find one a cheap one for just $3.0. This should do the job for me. Since I will selective seed. Though I have way way more torrent files which I could seed on PTs. ~200GB of rich content.

I was thinking to create a RasberryPI + HDD and seed away. Now with RJIO all hopes are lost. But a $3.00 seedbox will take ~4y to hit the cost of a RasberryPI -- home rig for seed. Not counting electricity burnt, hardly matters.

How safe is it paying these seedbox providers using a CC.

Seedbox seems like the best option, but it is a recurring cost. Managed to find one a cheap one for just $3.0. This should do the job for me. Since I will selective seed. Though I have way way more torrent files which I could seed on PTs. ~200GB of rich content.
IMO seedbox is useful only if you're racing or don't have a PC which is always ON or have a unreliable internet at home. Seedbox is really very helpful when you've joined a new tracker and want to build up the ratio fast. Since I have a PC is always running, what I usually do is get a cheap VPS from Lowendtalk/box/spirit in some sale(they generally have very good one's during BF/Christmas/New Year) and install wireguard server in it. The VPS I'm using rn costs 9$ annually(got it in last BF sale), it was pretty much fire and forget after the initial setup.

I was thinking to create a RasberryPI + HDD and seed away. Now with RJIO all hopes are lost. But a $3.00 seedbox will take ~4y to hit the cost of a RasberryPI -- home rig for seed. Not counting electricity burnt, hardly matters.
Since you don't have PC which is on 24/7 this might be a good way. You can also install some media server like plex to access your files on the go.

How safe is it paying these seedbox providers using a CC.
Never pay any seedbox/small VPS/usenet providers with credit card directly, use paypal for protection or use crypto if you trust them enough.

Since I have a PC is always running, what I usually do is get a cheap VPS from Lowendtalk/box/spirit in some sale(they generally have very good one's during BF/Christmas/New Year) and install wireguard server in it. The VPS I'm using rn costs 9$ annually(got it in last BF sale), it was pretty much fire and forget after the initial setup.
Can you tell the basic steps to do the following. Getting a VPS, installing Wireguard on it -- and rTorrent. Then from my PC I connect to the VPS, which in turn is connected to the torrent tracker.

?

Can you tell the basic steps to do the following. Getting a VPS, installing Wireguard on it -- and rTorrent. Then from my PC I connect to the VPS, which in turn is connected to the torrent tracker.

?
No
Get a cheap VPS
Install wireguard
Connect using wireguard
You will be surfing internet from prying eyes in India using that country IP to open trackers
Plus you can use it for normal surfing also

?
Pretty much what @kuduku said + you can also run rtorrent or any torrent client in the VPS, it's a straightforward setup

1, Install rtorrent and use CLI to add torrents
or
2, Use rtorrent + rutorrent as web UI which can be accessed via browsers
or
3, You can use any torrent client, most of them run headless and provide a web UI without much fiddling.

For installing and setting up wireguard in the server just use this script https://github.com/angristan/wireguard-install - saves a ton of time.

Ok...change of plan. Picked up a seedbox for $3/month. 50GB disc. Phenomenally fast, and I get to seed. Just wanted to try out, maybe will stop after some months.

I think it is worth it. No hardware hassle at home. :)

Need an invite to a good private tracker. I haven't used private trackers since the days of BWT, DCT etc, Hence can't provide ratio proofs. But, Maintaining ratio would be to my advantage too.

I made do with public torrents till date, But nowadays I am looking for more niche content, mainly European and classic movies which are difficult to find seeders for. Hence, need access to a private tracker.

Thanks in advance.

1637501536991.png

DS 50% extra on subs, stackable.

Back