Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Discussion Thread

UNCHARTED 3: Drake

We’re proud to announce that the third installment in the UNCHARTED franchise has gone gold, and is on its way to being manufactured for its November 1st release. We can’t wait to see everyone’s reaction to the next chapter of Nathan Drake’s adventures as it hits store shelves and homes everywhere in just three short weeks!

And as an added bonus, all retail copies of Uncharted 3 will include a voucher code for early access to the upcoming Starhawk Public Beta, which will be coming in early 2012.

We’ll have four behind-the-scenes videos detailing the development and production of UNCHARTED 3 for free and available on the retail UNCHARTED 3 disc! Those of you attending our AMC Theatre events will be in for a special treat as we’ll have a teaser of some of that behind-the-scenes video content.

Gaming Everything » Blog Archive » First Uncharted 3 review is in

The first review is out on the Spanish mag Playmania December issue - 9.9/10. The highest for any game that they have reviewed by far! :eek:hyeah:

Ars goes hands on with the game - Drakes on a plane: hands-on with Uncharted 3 single player

Ars said:
The section we played only lasted a few minutes and felt largely the same as previous installments in the franchise, with combat and movement feeling as fluid as ever. But that's really the strength of the series: taking something familiar and making it exciting. This type of scene has been done many times before in action films, but it somehow feels fresh here. You know what's ultimately going to happen but it's those moments in between—when the plane catches fire, or a gate suddenly closes - that make the game so gripping.

Planning to buy a ps3,shall i wait or go ahead with the purchase,as there are some diwali offer going on at ebay and lletsbuy..

Or is this game going to come with a bundle offer like God of War 3..

I am just curious to play this game....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gannu said:
SPOILER ALERT! :p

[youtube]0jLv6pR6ZSk[/youtube]

The Gameplay is just out of the world

I'd say grab a console right away and play the first two titles. The third title is unrelated to the first two in terms of storyline but you may not be able to co-relate the recurring characters. Besides, attempting the first two titles after playing the third may feel a bit underwhelming.

The Uncharted 3 320GB PS3 bundle has been announced sometime back but unsure as to whether it will hit the Indian shores since we don't have a formal word on it. I don't see a reason why it wouldn't considering similar bundles have been on retail before. Meh we even have a exclusive Ra-One PS3 bundle as well! :/

Gannu said:
I'd say grab a console right away and play the first two titles. The third title is unrelated to the first two in terms of storyline but you may not be able to co-relate the recurring characters. Besides, attempting the first two titles after playing the third may feel a bit underwhelming.

The Uncharted 3 320GB PS3 bundle has been announced sometime back but unsure as to whether it will hit the Indian shores since we don't have a formal word on it. I don't see a reason why it wouldn't considering similar bundles have been on retail before. Meh we even have a exclusive Ra-One PS3 bundle as well! :/

Bro,i have already completed the uncharted 1 and uncharted 2 last year itself,then i stop playing ps3 coz was addicted..lol so sold the console :eek:hyeah:

so now the uc3 is coming out,i want join back the fun :tongue:

Just a bit confused if i buy the console now,later if its comes with the bundle offer then..

I guess waiting till November 1 will be a good idea :ashamed:

destiny said:
Bro,i have already completed the uncharted 1 and uncharted 2 last year itself,then i stop playing ps3 coz was addicted..lol so sold the console

And were you assuming we knew about it? :p

destiny said:
Bro,i have already completed the uncharted 1 and uncharted 2 last year itself,then i stop playing ps3 coz was addicted..lol so sold the console :eek:hyeah:

so now the uc3 is coming out,i want join back the fun :tongue:

Just a bit confused if i buy the console now,later if its comes with the bundle offer then..

I guess waiting till November 1 will be a good idea :ashamed:

Get it later, pick up Gannu bhai's UC3 itself (which i'm sure he'll complete after completing the game!) :p

Aman27deep said:

Get it later, pick up Gannu bhai's UC3 itself (which i'm sure he'll complete after completing the game!) :p

Now THAT would be a valuable proposition. :gap:

Well yeah, expect my copy to hit the market section in a couple of days' time.

Nathan Irvine from GamesRadar tweets:

Took me about eight to nine hours of solid play. Some of the set-pieces in it are jaw-dropping.

I was expecting at least 12~14 hours going by the previous titles. Not sure if he decided to skip all the cutscenes because Uncharted employs a lot of cutscenes during the gameplay. Playing the game at a harder difficulty seems like the only go now.

^The launch trailer was kick ass. My most anticipated game of the year! :D

[youtube]dJuyv_ckh98[/youtube]

You gotta love the Japs! A television commercial featuring the real Indy playing Uncharted 3:

[youtube]dJuC9pGR4zE[/youtube]

[youtube]tI3tsWus2KQ[/youtube]

:D

11 Days to go,was waiting this one for more than a year..

any idea guys if its going to come with a bundle offer with Ps3..

i am counting days..

back to ps3 after a 1 year break..:eek:hyeah:

The second review is up! Dutch computer and gaming mag. Power Unlimited rewarded the game a Gold Award and a score of 94%.

Next Uncharted 3 review arrives, Gold Award given | N4G

Seems hardcore fans at the Naughty Dog forums are disappointed because Uncharted 2 was awarded a 100% score by PU back in 2009 and more recently, Gears of War 3 was rated at 96%. It appears these guys were expecting some revolutionary changes from Uncharted 2. :p

Whatever it maybe, this looks like a solid GOTY contender. Alongside Arkham City and Gears 3. Lest we forget, here is the list of awards Uncharted 2 won.

Back