UNOFFICIAL IRC Chat Channel - Techenclave

You lazy buggers get in here...

#freenode - chatenclave

Just to tell you what you are missing out on

1) Chances to feature in the AIDW thread!

2) Gossip

3) Chances to barter stuff

4) Links to uh..various stuff :ashamed:

5) Great companionship

7) 1000+ rep points on completion of 1 year of being on line ( reps will be given post proof and through investigation for authenticity )

8) Adding inches to that e penis of yours ( IRC iz for teh h4ck0rZ )

People add to this if I have missed out on something...

We're not sure how many people are paying attention to this thread. Some of us are there on the IRC channel discussing why people won't join. At any given time, there are some 100 - 200 users and many more guests browsing the forums. It's safe to assume that at least half of them have an unlimited Internet connection and are probably running their systems 24/7. We only have 3-4 people on the channel at a time. The other few who come only stick on for a few minutes before leaving.

So if you're reading this thread, we'd like to hear why the concept of IRC isn't interesting enough. Drop a line here~ :ashamed:

err ..i tried using IRC..but i am totally new to it :p

a walk through to get into the chat room would be better.

i have installed chatzilla addon in my firefox.

what do i do next ?

I would have rather liked using a standalone client.

browser + irc addon isnt that hot.. use XCHAT2

Then join the freenode network and join the channel chatenclave

Isnt simpler than that..

one reason i think IRC doesnt work is coz you all need to be present at the same time (synchronous)... forum chat is out-of-band/async... you read/post when you want, then come back any time later to followup/check for responses...

vishalrao said:
one reason i think IRC doesnt work is coz you all need to be present at the same time (synchronous)... forum chat is out-of-band/async... you read/post when you want, then come back any time later to followup/check for responses...

That's true but then I'm sure there are many of us who have our PCs running and online all day. Running a small IRC client can't hurt.

cyberjunkie said:
That's true but then I'm sure there are many of us who have our PCs running and online all day. Running a small IRC client can't hurt.

well i have my PC running whenever i have electricity :) but doesnt mean im sitting in front of it 24x7 , usually i see people logged on to IRC but sometimes you ping and no response (obviously AFK)...

but in any case, will try to remember to log on often, especially during weekends!

^^

errr we are total 8 of us in there..

how come you are alone ?

having fun ! IRC seems to be really cool.

Bump!
Need moar!
moarmoarmoar.jpg

An extract of a convo on the IRC Channel

<rhn> i watched bolt

<Dogzilla> watched it

<rhn> cute movie

<rhn> u watched bolt?

<rhn> vo kutte ki movie

<Dogzilla> no

<Dogzilla> dharmendra ki movie? :p

<rhn> nice it is