Vodafone 3g

deathgoddg said:
the 98rs UL net pack was good... I had taken vodafone for that purpose only :) almost 2 years back..... now voda has introduced the 98rs 2GB one .... anyway i found vodafone's speed on GPRS far better than AirtelLive you can connect vodafone live with your pc via proxy and it will outperform the airtel 2gb pack anyday..... :) [personal experience] .... I agree that their services are costly .... but never had a problem with them ...the CC has always cleared any problems
Will this 98rs 2GB plan work on Android to run Google maps and other apps or do I need to get VMC which is costly at 499 for 500MB.

Roxtin said:
Will this 98rs 2GB plan work on Android to run Google maps and other apps or do I need to get VMC which is costly at 499 for 500MB.
I'm using google maps on symbian with the 98rs 2 gb plan. AFAIK it also offers VMC since I connect to Vodafone Connect when I use it.

See attached.

Attachments

• vodafonegprsplans.jpg
    vodafonegprsplans.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 125
^^ True that, the 98 bucks GPRS pack was earlier Vodafone Live only, its now Vodafone Mobile Connect enabled as well. Browsing is superfast now :)

Well where is this link on vodafone website, i am unable to see this on Delhi & NCR Area page.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hmm seems it is not on Delhi and NCR :(

1041396246.png

This is the 98rs 2GB pack allows both VMC and VL :) now 2GB is not much compared to the UL they offer but its a step ahead of the 80MB/rs98 they offered :) and I find speeds better than Airtel or Docomo ...but cant say now .. :p didnt use the other net for about 2months

as an old customer i was satisfied till hutch bt now vodafone sucks somewhat bt still not to the limit you guys have taken it to.

they just keep changing their helpline options every now & then so it irritates a lot.:mad:

and all of sudden you get an sms that your reuest is under process for some xyz service

wtf???? i dont need any service nor i activated it.:mad::mad:

bt rest in terms of network no matter what it even blows the trusty bsnl & airtel :bleh:

& they some of the best billing plans offered.

ronit said:
as an old customer i was satisfied till hutch bt now vodafone sucks somewhat bt still not to the limit you guys have taken it to.
I totally agree with that, actually vodafone has not given me much trouble...

ronit said:
and all of sudden you get an sms that your reuest is under process for some xyz service
wtf???? i dont need any service nor i activated it.:mad::mad:
A wierd thing happened once with me when i activated the bb unlimited services, got a message after activating stating that bb services were activated and after 45 mins got another message that my request was being processed... Did not bother cause i though it was with reference to the bb activation request, after 5 mins my edge got deactivated... Called the service center and asked why??? and they tell me that i requested the cancellation and if i activate again will be charged twice :mad: :mad: :mad:....
And the only thing i told him was am i gone mad to deactivate a service 45mins after activating it... Had a huge argument and spoke to some dude with some more authority and explained my scenario and said it would be done... Luckily no double charge :hap2: :hap2: :hap2:

So am happy with vodafone and will continue to use vodafone till any other company gets unlimited bb services for less than 399
Loyal Customer preference and the threat that i will discontinue ur services can get some good stuff for cheap for Vodafone...:eek:hyeah:

But does the VMC works on the postpaid VL packs also ? I have a VL Unlimited @ 99 activated....cant connect to PC :mad: w/o using a proxy

Hello Guys

Mine is also vodafone. I am satisfied with network and tariff plans.I staty in bangalore

My plan is 299 rental monthly CUG unlimited free. So no call charges for me to talk with my colleagues and Girlfriend.

800 Minutes of local and STD minutes free monthly.

800 messages through out india free monthly.

Apart from this VMC unlimited for 99 rental. Yes VMC not VL. I guess this offer is valid only for corporate plans.

Thanks

Our office has a corporate connection scheme with Vodafone.

I talked to the voda guy in our office

He said 3g will be launched by 15th December most probably

The cost will be 7200 bucks for 1 yr with the modem worth 1600/- free.

He said there is no FUP but I am not convinced though

(Who else than our dear old BSNL has such a big heart?LOL)

We will be getting it for 6000 bucks

I will first check for FUP when 3g launches

If that is okay I will go for it

BREAKING NEWS: Vodafone is going to launch 3G in Bangalore in partnership with Airtel! Services are going to be launched next month. Vodafone will not have their own 3G network but will use the Airtel network entirely for 3G!

Supra said:
^^ Where did u get the news from ? Also so Dec 15th looks like a more realistic date now :)

@gurusd-- YGPM :p
Vodafone Store person! I was totally surprised by the amount of information he had about the telecom and Vodafone!

Why i believe his words and so sure that it will be launched next month is because....they started training their store people about 3G! And that guy even spoke about things like Indus towers...etc! And he clearly said the network is shared with airtel and you will get the same speeds as you get on Airtel!

I always felt Vodafone had the fantastic customer care. And now its proved :)

Back