Which notebook compares to 13" MacBook Air 2013 ?

I'm also keeping a look on Samsung Ativ Book 9 Plus, but it is going to be pricey as hell when it launches here in India. It looks like a worthy competitor to rMBP.

The Air with retina display will be more than perfect for my usage but that is at least a year off like you said.
I have been shopping from the US for the past 2 years so that isn't a problem either. But if I were to buy MBP the pricing over here with student discount will be much better.

If I do end up ordering from US, it will be the boutique option named Mythlogic Callisto 14. It has awesome specs and is customizable.
14" FHD Matte IPS display.
Intel Core i7 4750HQ with Iris Pro 5200.
8GB 1600MHz RAM
Samsung 840Pro 128GB SSD.
1TB 7200 32MB cache SATA Notebook drive.

All this for $1180 with 1 year warranty or $1330 with 3 year warranty. The warranty includes 2 way shipping costs within the US.

You can repair Clevo's on your own. Don't usually need to ship the entire laptop. Just replace parts. (at least used to be possible with larger laptops)

This 'boutique' option does not compare to the MBA in terms of portability and battery life. Sure it will smoke the MBA in performance but at a certain cost.

The whole point of macbook air is the portability. If you're working on garageband maybe you have few more apps open and that's fine for air.
If you want heavy multitasking then go for mb pro in sept with haswell, But for someone who is looking for portability and someone who moves around a lot the air is best.

I mean if you have option to buy 8gb air then get it. Here its not available so I went for 4gb. And for basic multitasking its fine. I'm not going to do heavy video editing on there or something.

If you want to get a working machine then wait for the new mbp.
If you want air with fullhd display wait a year or so.

If you take good care of your electronics then it shouldn't be a problem buying from the us. I've bought many iphones and never had a problem with them.
Apple products are built properly. BTW if you are one of the few who is scared and happens to get a faulty product and it gets defective then it probably is better buying it in india.

I know the whole point is portabilty but im just thinking in two years time new osx updates and 4 gig will suffer just like 2011 macbook air with 2gb ram suffer now

I know the whole point is portabilty but im just thinking in two years time new osx updates and 4 gig will suffer just like 2011 macbook air with 2gb ram suffer now
If you are aiming for long term usage and really think the 4GB RAM will be a hindrance, get a MacBook Pro or some other upcoming ultraportables. Don't limit yourself to one brand or product; aim for what's best for your usage and requirements.

I prefer osx very much
Right now its Macbook air 64000 and retina 88000
And im hesitant to buy both so i will wait
But if i have pick one right now it will be air

OK i've had the air now in my hands since this morning. And damn its sexy. Its sleek and silent.
None of the videos online can tell you how thin it actually is. I mean you read online but when you open the box its like WOW!

Great keyboard with nice backlight. No glare issues as someone was asking. And the sound is loud, seems like its coming out of the holes of the keyboard. I've never had laptop sound so nice.

I've been downloading apps on wifi and browsing and battery has gone down 20% in 3 hours. And this is with like 70% battery.

I've just switched from windows so learning the system but boy everything is generally where it should be.
I'm in love with the gestures on the trackpad. the three finger swipes are amazing.

I initially thought i had wifi problems because it would show connected and then the speed would drop out. But I checked online and someone suggested changing the mtu to manual. So doing that now the wifi is fine.

Anways thats just the basics for now. I'll give a detailed overview later once I've used it more.

Congrats and yes the gestures are awesome that why i want a mac

You can help us a little more , just open a lot apps and use them , i mean play songs videos and strem some content on youtube and other app and open activity monitor from spotlight search and tell ur memory stats
Free memory and page ins page outs

Can anyone explain me about the gestures everyone is going ga ga about ? Are they so awesome ?

Its about getting a good experience whle using ur device and i find myself always have a much better xperience with apple products than others
For example iphone 5 has overall smoother experience than anyother android phone , same with ipads

Its about the joy of using a quality trackpad and keyboard on a device .

Gestures - two finger giving normal scrolling in both horizontal and vertical scrolling
Three fingers up - brings up mission control for awesome Multitasking .

Four finger pinch gives launchpad where ur applications are there with spotlight search for easy searching

Overall i find it a much better experience than windows as a operating system and unmatched notebook for price to quality ratio

Bad news. Macbook Air 13" was out of stock everywhere I inquired. Vijya Sales does not have stock, So does Jumbo and Reliance. Looks like I will have to wait till next week. Hopefully the prices wont shoot up cause of the $$$ effect.

Bad news. Macbook Air 13" was out of stock everywhere I inquired. Vijya Sales does not have stock, So does Jumbo and Reliance. Looks like I will have to wait till next week. Hopefully the prices wont shoot up cause of the $$$ effect.
Apple product prices are stable and dollar change wont effect it at all

Calm down

Can anyone explain me about the gestures everyone is going ga ga about ? Are they so awesome ?
They're good, but like with everything slightly better, the hype is more than the reality. For that price, I think it is the best laptop for a majority of people.

OK i've had the air now in my hands since this morning. And damn its sexy. Its sleek and silent.
None of the videos online can tell you how thin it actually is. I mean you read online but when you open the box its like WOW!

Great keyboard with nice backlight. No glare issues as someone was asking. And the sound is loud, seems like its coming out of the holes of the keyboard. I've never had laptop sound so nice.

I've been downloading apps on wifi and browsing and battery has gone down 20% in 3 hours. And this is with like 70% battery.

I've just switched from windows so learning the system but boy everything is generally where it should be.
I'm in love with the gestures on the trackpad. the three finger swipes are amazing.

I initially thought i had wifi problems because it would show connected and then the speed would drop out. But I checked online and someone suggested changing the mtu to manual. So doing that now the wifi is fine.

Anways thats just the basics for now. I'll give a detailed overview later once I've used it more.

Hey bro...is the same discount of 11k more on older 2012 models?

Older model is 69900 and newer is 74900 base 13 models

As stated earlier the older model was offered at a discounted price of Rs 60000 to me today by Vijya Sales Apple salesman. But when the newer one is available at 63K why take the older model.

Called at 10 different Apple outlets all over Delhi. The Haswell Macbook Air 128GB is nowhere to be found. It is available at Nehru Place but the shop is not an authorized dealer hence it isn't running back to school offer. The stock is not expected before 10 days. Really Sad.

Why not wait for another month or so for the Haswell refresh. Retina needs Haswell for the battery life.

But Congrats non the less. What was the final cost.

Back