Audio Which replacement cable for TF10?

InEarz is Chinese or something, isn't it?

I'm saying it's expensive based on what my friend in the US quoted: ($50 for impressions, $80 for the custom shell, $20 for shipping)

I don't know much about this, but his quote seems enticing. Perhaps he was referring to InEarz? I don't know for sure, but I'll let you know.

How much do the impressions cost here?

Don't kill me yaar, I'm just telling what I know! You guys know more about the local scene (and possibly about the global scene too) :p

Well actually UM is chinese and inearZ is american

UM molds have the best build quality, better than even JH/ultimateears molds

so dont go by the location of the firm.

My impressions were taken from an audiologist in raipur, Chhattisgarh. she charged me 220, thats 110 per ear.

in metros its not much different , i think i recall ravik saying that audiologist charged him 200( 100/ear)

SO its all cheap .

More over you just have to pay for the shipping to amarbir's place , he takes care of the rest( shipping to china/customs )

Note : but as its new in india , its very slow :(

Thanks for the info :)

I'm going to figure out the best plan of action. I have to get my TF10s + iPod + some more audio gear from the US, so have to first figure out whether to get stuff done there and ship or ask someone to carry it.

I'm going to do more research on this as I'm a complete noob when it comes to reshelling and recabling. This info is most useful :D

Sorry to bump this topic up again guys, but between Diablo, Pearl v2 and Jaben cable - any recommendations? Diablo is still a bit on the pricier side so I'm not very keen. Wondering if Jaben cable is any better than Pearl v2. My friend wants to buy the Galaxy which is for like $119 or so, way over my budget!

get tried and tested cables rather than just going by the pricing !

as has been said before the twilight cable is very good and economical , improves the sound quite a lot compared to the stock cable!

other than that Benny tried the UE rainbow cable that he said was better than twilight!

and Finally the NUll audio lune cable is Legendarily when it comes to TF10. I have read quite a lot about it working great with TF10

out of those three i have only heard of the the Pearl , that too is a Very common name, so it can be different cable ! :p

I tried contacting Amarbir for cables since he will sell lots of tf10 and many will need a replacement cable.

He replied

sure i Can Get The UM Cables ,Do You Have other ideas also like links for other alternative cables

I am using my iPod for Internet so it's harder than laptop. So someone please suggest the best cables. I have told him to check this thread

strategy said:
get tried and tested cables rather than just going by the pricing !

as has been said before the twilight cable is very good and economical , improves the sound quite a lot compared to the stock cable!
other than that Benny tried the UE rainbow cable that he said was better than twilight!
and Finally the NUll audio lune cable is Legendarily when it comes to TF10. I have read quite a lot about it working great with TF10
out of those three i have only heard of the the Pearl , that too is a Very common name, so it can be different cable ! :p
Out of all the cables mentioned above, except the UE rainbow, the difference in SQ is very subjective and is not Huge per say.
I did not buy the UE rainbow for myself is only because it did not appeal to my taste. It makes the tf10....well, sound like something totally different. The bass reduces quite a bit, the treble was the usual tf10 like, sparkly.
This actually made the mids, well, not that recessed sounding(if you feel they are recessed in the first place).

Needless to say, the UE cables have an excellent build quality and comfort factor.

Give this to amarbir,
1. null audio Lune cable ...costs $109, said to bring out the mids and make tf10 complete !
2. The Twilight cable ... great price , great performance :)
3. UE rainbow cable, great cable , better than the twilight ......but no one has compared them to the null cables
4. null audio enyo cable...stiff cable ,. hard to manage , but still good cable that refines the TF10's sound !
5. UE green ..good vfm like the twilight.
Hope it helps ! :)

Is anybody organizing a GO now ? my TF10 vi cables are wearing out and I need new cables pronto. I might even go for UM cables (right now they are for 2.6K) if people say that they are better than the twilight.

I am interested in the twilight or rainbow cables - but at 4K, I wonder if the Diabolo or the Athena 8-braid cable ([AthenaV1.1]Advanced upgrade Cable for Ultimate ears/UE - eBay (item 270668822543 end time Feb-21-11 19:24:04 PST)) is not worth it.

BTW guys, I did some investigation into the Twilight (Ôó·áÆ·ÅÆ UE¶ú»úÉý¼¶Ãß ΢¹â ¹ÅºÓÃᯗ_HI-FIÃß²Ä_¶ú»ú1ºÅÕ¾ - Powered by ECShop) and found the whole Zephone series (AndAudio.com •)

I seriously wonder if these cable upgrades are actually real or just a lot of snake oil. Someone said the Twilight cable improves the bass and the mids but I found the bass a bit muddy in some tracks and the mids to be slightly recessed which is just how a stock TF10 sounds.

I was trying to figure out why these things are so expensive - as it would appear, so were a few others. I then saw the DIY steps for your own custom UE cable. I dont think it should cost more than 500-600 accounting for a top-notch connector like Pailiccs, Yarbo or Neutrix.

1. Connector - most expensive looks to be YARBO GY-3.5GB gold plated at 7.5 $ (YARBO GY-3.5GB OD:6mm 3.5mm Plug Gold Plated solder type Adapter_DIY Cables & Adapters_5.1 audio sound decoder HDMI SPDIF Digital,HDV-18a,Monster Cable adapter,Wholesale) Quarter-inch plugs selection? - Head-Fi.org Community

comprehensive list - Ultimate DIY: the 3.5mm 1/8" mini jack plug collection thread - Head-Fi.org Community

2. 2-pin plugs that go into the earphone - recycled from VGA connector 2 pin connector UE,AE,Westone - Head-Fi.org Community or 13$ premade Source for molded UE IEM connectors - Head-Fi.org Community

Best solution - 22AWG gold plated connector pin: DIY UE cables? - Head-Fi.org Community

DSUB HD PIN 22AWG GOLD - 161A18009X 0.5$/pin

or the laptop HDD connector plug - http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/287663/ultimate-ears-recable#post_4305425

3. OFC wire - 160 rs/metre approx

4. heatshrink tubing to tightly bind everything together.

The only tricky part to all of this is the 2-pin connector. Seriously if we figure that out, I should be able to churn out a 8-cable braided set for myself

*sigh*

@strategy - yup. Saw that - I was just curious if it cannot happen using a VGA pin ;) Keeping costs down, since a vga connector is 70rs or so on ebay india.

twilight is now out of stock (i think forever), earlier it was outa stock till 20feb, now they have changed it to 20march.. its eternally out of stock :(

dragonball said:
twilight is now out of stock (i think forever), earlier it was outa stock till 20feb, now they have changed it to 20march.. its eternally out of stock :(
eBay.com.sg: Upgrade Cable for UE/Ultimate Ears -- (Twilight) black (item 110511615333 end time Feb 18, 2011 14:19:08 SGT)

EDIT: Ah crap, my bad, same thing again..................... out of stock

The null audio cables are a tad expensive, but people claim they're nice. I'm a bit of cable sceptic though.

There's also this - http://jaben.net/shopping2/product.php?productid=53&cat=0&page=

Back