Whom are you going to vote in India in 2013-14 elections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
corrected !

It's actually the ruling party, irrespective of which ever political party it is.

i would like an official figure rather than believe on personal views.

btw i had asked a question before about assam riots and nobody wants to answer to that question.

to each his own i guess.

The news paper just wants to be diplomatic to survive and not get into any controversy.

Though it may be personal view then why the news paper is officially carrying the news ?????

i would like an official figure rather than believe on personal views.

btw i had asked a question before about assam riots and nobody wants to answer to that question.

to each his own i guess.

Official figure :eek: Methinks you would be an apt candidate to be appointed :blackalien: into the 100's of "Parliamentary Fact Finding Committee's" - most of whose reports and findings are never made public & action never taken.

And you you want answer's about "assam riots" ! Why Only assam ?

Why not go back to the year 44BC [when Julius Caesar was assasinated and the mobs went berserk] or go back to medieval times in India and then pick on any one of the listed "riots" in the history of our civilisation :spitoutdummy: [spitoutdummy]

Are we here to talk about "Riots" and inflame passions & whip up a frenzy to create another riot ?

Check this report in the DNA - Mumbai Ed April 18, 2013 page 8; by Praful Bidwai
After reading this, I have spent several hours reading Mr. Prafuls Bidwai's articles and interviews online, and he comes across as someone who talks a lot without really saying anything at all. This seems to be the first article where he has presented any statistics and I would love to know what he was reading when made up those stats, as I for one cannot find anything to collaborate him. Everything I found was just the opposite of what he said.

Example :

Uttarakhand:

Uttarakhand takes the second spot on the list. The 5 Years CAGR of Uttarakhand is 13.60 percent. The state boasts of one of the fastest growing economy in the country. The state has achieved a 9.31 percent growth in its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) - third after Gujarat and Bihar as per the data released by the Central Statistical Organization.
source: http://www.siliconindia.com/news/general/10-Fastest-Growing-States-of-India-nid-128236-cid-1.html
Other source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_states_by_GDP This particular one I will leave the readers to explore and come to their own conclusions.

There were several others, but none came even close to even Mr. PDs findings, which puts his present article in line with others.

Mr. PD (as most of our journalists are) seems to be a product of India's famous "buddy system" (Cronyism) which tends to form clique's for self promotion. I invite others to read Mr. PDs other articles and form their own opinions.

Cronyism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronyism
Favoritism shown to friends and associates (as by appointing them to positions without regard for their qualifications)
Cronyism exists when the appointer and the beneficiary are in social contact.

Just wondering - Does anyone out here on TE read "Tehelka" ?

No one's quoted or mentioned anything about their reporting on news events and their analysis. I have been following them since their inception (when it was a struggling tabloid). I have the highest regards for the publishers of tehelka and their fearless brand of journalists. They have been hounded, harrassed umpteen times by various governments and the powerful agencies that the govt controls - but they have stood it all (oftentimes with no money at all left to even publish their next edition or pay the salaries of their staff). They have won various Global awards for their fearless brand of reporting.

One needs guts and balls of steel to even digest most of their findings. I can see many out here who would quickly rubbish most of Tehelka's articles - like I said, you are the guys who only take (swallow) what goes down your throat with ease - what's unpalatable (the Truth) is quickly washed down the drain.

what is official? one by govt of india or one by govt of gujarat?
by assam riots whom do you want blv , the bjp reports? twitter rreports ? media reports ? people who have been there?[DOUBLEPOST=1366362419][/DOUBLEPOST]terence if it suits their thinking then that journalist is the greatest ever , the rest of media is paid and biased ...

am just wondering if there are paid media out there , why dont the bjp pay some media off their own?

what is official? one by govt of india or one by govt of gujarat?
by assam riots whom do you want blv , the bjp reports? twitter rreports ? media reports ? people who have been there?

i am asking what can you infer by observing riots that happened in assam and then compare that to gujrat
[DOUBLEPOST=1366362419][/DOUBLEPOST]terence if it suits their thinking then that journalist is the greatest ever , the rest of media is paid and biased ...

am just wondering if there are paid media out there , why dont the bjp pay some media off their own?

i guess you never knew about the nira radia case or what ever happened then.

yes i am just curious how come only congress can buy them and not bjp ? , they are not rich? and if they are congress biased why do the bjp go to their studios , just boycott all of them and start their own?

Just wondering - Does anyone out here on TE read "Tehelka" ?

No one's quoted or mentioned anything about their reporting on news events and their analysis. I have been following them since their inception (when it was a struggling tabloid). I have the highest regards for the publishers of tehelka and their fearless brand of journalists. They have been hounded, harrassed umpteen times by various governments and the powerful agencies that the govt controls - but they have stood it all (oftentimes with no money at all left to even publish their next edition or pay the salaries of their staff). They have won various Global awards for their fearless brand of reporting.

One needs guts and balls of steel to even digest most of their findings. I can see many out here who would quickly rubbish most of Tehelka's articles - like I said, you are the guys who only take (swallow) what goes down your throat with ease - what's unpalatable (the Truth) is quickly washed down the drain.
so from the above we infer that tehelka are correct at all times.
Then why isnt kapil dev booked for match fixing?
Why did the then defence minister pranab mukherjee gave a clean chit to george fernandes.

And why is it that tehelka Have not done any sting with the congress considering that the maximum number of scams happened during the congress regime.

After reading this, I have spent several hours reading Mr. Prafuls Bidwai's articles and interviews online, and he comes across as someone who talks a lot without really saying anything at all. This seems to be the first article where he has presented any statistics and I would love to know what he was reading when made up those stats, as I for one cannot find anything to collaborate him. Everything I found was just the opposite of what he said.

Example :

source: http://www.siliconindia.com/news/general/10-Fastest-Growing-States-of-India-nid-128236-cid-1.html
Other source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_states_by_GDP This particular one I will leave the readers to explore and come to their own conclusions.

There were several others, but none came even close to even Mr. PDs findings, which puts his present article in line with others.

Mr. PD (as most of our journalists are) seems to be a product of India's famous "buddy system" (Cronyism) which tends to form clique's for self promotion. I invite others to read Mr. PDs other articles and form their own opinions.

Cronyism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronyism
Favoritism shown to friends and associates (as by appointing them to positions without regard for their qualifications)
Cronyism exists when the appointer and the beneficiary are in social contact.

I am glad you spent time reading through some of the articles that Praful Bidwai ( Mr. PB ) has written. After spending a few hours - you claim "several," you settle down to draw up your conclusions which are downright damning. I am sure that you never ever heard of Mr PB in all of your long existence - until today (if you did then I'd be surprised). And in that single moment where you drew up your conclusions - you not only passed unfair judgement but CONDEMNED A MAN FOR LIFE.

With one wild sweep of your pen, you have not only tarnished a most authoritative & respectable person but also rebuffed his lifetime's work spanning over four decades.

Are you even familiar (in a learned & scholarly way so that you can grasp and understand - before coming up with a cheap statement "he comes across as someone who talks a lot without really saying anything at all") the plethora of fields that Mr PB commands respect all over India and abroad. From communalism & nationalism; environment and sustainable development; ethnicity and politics; global justice; human rights; nuclear weapons disarmament and peace - and many more fields. His analytical & investigative articles have shaken many (and those who cannot comprehend it pass it of as hogwash). He has angered Global Giants like Enron, Union Carbide, Monsanto and even the USofA. They have done their best to plant all sorts of calumnious attacks - using the media & everything else at their disposal to damage & destroy his reputation (even plant false evidences). YOU HAVE JOINED THAT DEFEATIST LOBBY TOO. I SINCERELY DOUBT THAT YOU HAVE DONE ANYTHING AT ALL IN YOUR OWN LONG LIFETIME TOWARDS THESE CAUSES - TO MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE IN ( except spew venom at all those who struggle each day, so that you and I can live better lives).

I will not even ask you to apologise because I hold no brief for him. He has faced such onslaughts continuously in his lifetime from feeble nicompoops like you - who have never got down to the grassroots and felt the real pulse of the people. YOU ARE NOT EVEN CAPABLE OF DISSEMINATING WHAT IS RIGHT FROM WRONG. But he is never alone - there are scores of other's (who are also of the same caliber or more or lesser) who stand together and fight in a legal & non-violent way for justice.

You concluded by taking pains to codefy him in most demeaning slot "buddy system" (Cronyism) - this was the cheapest and lowest level that you could stoop too.

For someone like Mr PB who has spent a lifetime painstakingly studying, analysing, researching, meeting thousands of people and only then writing or speaking the truth (BUT YOU ARE BLISSFULLY UNAWARE OF ALL THIS) - so you very casually brush it off. I would not have taken the pains & the time to respond to your amateurish reply. But then I realise, I have a responsibility to correct your line of thinking - lest many other's fall a prey to your scary line of thought.

And this is where I come to the final part of my response to your dastardly attack - "Where did he get his Statistics from to present the truth about Gujarat" ......... lest you accuse me too of evading the core question!

Your searches led you nowhere - or else to some feeble non-academic & truncated analysis on random websites.

Mr Praful Bidwai is a person, (like so many other's too of the same character & integrity), would obviously have taken the pains to present their analysis ONLY from 100% credible sources. When you spend a lifetime in such thankless causes - you just cannot afford to ruin your own reputation with baseless analysis & unsubstantiated statements - because then you loose Faith with all those who believe in Hope & Justice & Truth.

(I can see you getting all irritated already for all that I have said - BUT SHOW ME THE FACTS is what you want!)

This is where Mr. Praful Bidwai (and so many other conscientious persons) got his facts from.
MINISTRY OF STATISTICS AND PROGRAMME IMPLEMENTATION (MOSPI)
PLANNING COMMISSION - GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
(these are just two of the most credible sites ....there are others too)

I could just leave things right here for you to decipher & go through the realms of voluminous data ...... but I will not be so unfair.

I have only picked a few of the "official reports" ....check them out yourself & SEE WHERE THE GUJARAT MODEL STANDS.
Note that there are numerous other indices & statistical data (on the above 2 sites) to to debunk the MYTH'S ABOUT THE GUJARAT MODEL

State-wise Growth Rate of Agriculture & Allied Sector in India [1996 -2012]
Growth Rate of GDP in Industry-Sector State-Wise [2001 - 2012]
State-wise Irrigation Potential, Flood Control, Ground-Water, Distribution of Large Dams & Hydro Potential Status
Statewise Literacy Rates [ 1951 - 2011]
Sex-Ratio at Birth (2006-2008)

THIS IS THE NAKED TRUTH & THE MYTH ABOUT THE GUJARAT-MODEL OF NAMO'S DEVELOPMENT

so from the above we infer that tehelka are correct at all times.
Then why isnt kapil dev booked for match fixing?
Why did the then defence minister pranab mukherjee gave a clean chit to george fernandes.

And why is it that tehelka Have not done any sting with the congress considering that the maximum number of scams happened during the congress regime.

Oh dear .... another tough nut to crack :banghead: Yes Tehelka is Correct at all times.... but you also have to understand

THE JOB OF TEHELKA IS TO REPORT THE TRUTH - WITHOUT TAKING SIDES WITH ANYONE. THEIR MOTTO IS "FREE-FAIR-FEARLESS"

It is for Society (through constant pressure, PIL's etc) or the Government to act upon it's deadly reports.

They have always stood by whatever they publish (which is also Why No One has dared to take them to court). They have had other types of "harrassment court-cases" against them [filed when both BJP & Congress have been in charge].

If anyone wishes to know the truth about the Gujarat-Riots (and has the stomach & guts & balls to read it - then refer to all the series of articles that Tehelka has published) - they have hours and hours of documentary evidence too. But if you really understand Politics & the Power that it has - also understand that whosoever dares to challenge the establishment is crushed or silenced in so many other ways - Denial, Delays, rebuffing etc are just some of the ways.

I really am exhausted tonight - but will leave you with this [sting against the Congress] ........ trust me Tehelka has loads of such things [check their archives] & grow up and be bold & not disheartened as you learn about all the terrible injustices that are happening in India. Remember there is no political party who is 100% perfect & sinless.
1984 - Anti Sikh riots
http://tehelka.com/1984-riots-court-orders-reopening-of-case-against-tytler/
http://tehelka.com/another-minister-singed-by-the-coalgate-embers/
http://tehelka.com/when-a-big-tree-falls-the-earth-shakes-2/
TEHELKAS ARCHIVES
http://tehelka.com/2002-happened-because-the-horrific-crimes-of-1984-were-not-brought-to-book/
Shoma Chaudhury & Ashish Khetan are just two of the most fearless journalists that they have - read their articles [ they have many others too]

Lastly - are you aware of the REDDY BROTHERS & the gigantic systemic loot that they are doing/have done to the country - a 13 digit figure (this is under the governance of the BJP)
http://archive.tehelka.com/story_main50.asp?filename=Ws120711Losses.asp
http://archive.tehelka.com/story_main43.asp?filename=Ne141109the_revenge.asp
http://archive.tehelka.com/TSearch....RID:9&ie=UTF-8&q=reddy+brothers&sa.x=0&sa.y=0

Good night & sleep "restlessly" if you can stomach all of this

And you you want answer's about "assam riots" ! Why Only assam ?

Why not go back to the year 44BC [when Julius Caesar was assasinated and the mobs went berserk] or go back to medieval times in India and then pick on any one of the listed "riots" in the history of our civilisation :spitoutdummy: [spitoutdummy]

Are we here to talk about "Riots" and inflame passions & whip up a frenzy to create another riot ?

neat diversion of topic. would have discussed those events too if it was related to judging performance of congress or bjp but sadly they were irrelevant back then. question was pretty straight forward judge those two events in the recent past make a judgement out of it.

hahahahahahahah thats the funniest thing i have ever read :D
namo hires APCO the PR agency of dictators and big bad corporates and they are the ethical party :D

hahahahahahahah thats the funniest thing i have ever read :D
namo hires APCO the PR agency of dictators and big bad corporates and they are the ethical party :D
Hiring a PR is the same as buying media? Now that is indeed food for thought.

so then diggy should be the most learned person in the indian polity right?

You don't seem to get it. I don't see anyone over here really defending the Congress or trying to champion their cause. Some people are merely trying to say that the BJP aren't saints either.

Many people are just trying to determine which of the two parties are the lesser of two evils.

Some people however are trying to proclaim that the BJP are the next best thing since slice bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back