Whom are you going to vote in India in 2013-14 elections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your argument that mediacrooks isn't biased is that NDTV is biased about Congress?

Gujarat Model of Development is a sham as has been shown earlier. The advantages of it are only reaped by industrialists and upper class people while stepping on those who they consider lower class. Entire housing societies and areas are cordoned-off for those who they consider irrelevant. So, even if we consider Modi to be the purest of the humans, it is still unwise to chose him over others, even within his own party.

And of course, everyone is the mob. What are politicians without their people, who will they rule? If politicians themselves do the killing, they would be in jail. They have the power to guide the mob, or let them free when it's advantageous. It has been seen both in the case of both Congress and BJP.

Your argument that mediacrooks isn't biased is that NDTV is biased about Congress?
Huh? Where did that come from? My argument is that most media channels are pro-Congress. And that MediaCrooks highlights this. He comes across as anti-Congress, because a pro-Congressi sure ain't going to rock the boat and broadcast why most channels have a Congress bias. Well its because of Congress doles to the media-houses.
Okay, here is a sample of how it works:
http://www.mediacrooks.com/2012/11/ht-summit-how-to-sell-leadership-make.html
MediaCrooks again, but doesn't what he's writing feel obvious and make sense?

Whenever there's a birth anniversary or launching of new scheme, do you remember seeing huge 1-page ads in TOI, HT, Hindu? Well, that's another trick for pay-outs... print full-page nonsensical ads at rack rates in all their editions. And we're talking serious money here, not a few lakhs, but crores. The message is made clear to media bosses - toe the government line or loose the ad-revenues.

Gujarat Model of Development is a sham as has been shown earlier.
Conversely, it has also be shown earlier that it is not a sham and that it is a resounding success and that it is inclusive. One way of showing this: Modi being elected a 3rd time. Another way of showing this: Tavleen Singh's article I linked in an earlier post. Fact is, you can show it any which way. Interpretation, representation and what not, are variables of the writer's opinions and thoughts! Praful Bidwai and Tavleen Singh notwithstanding.

when bjp comes to power , would they do the same to the media houses ? will media crooks be the knight in shining armour still , would the media still be called paid media?

That is the whole point!.. You make people economically secure; religion, caste, identity take a back seat. That's probably the gist of the so-called Gujarat Model of Development. Though I have yet to come across a clear write-up that says what the Gujarat Model of Development is or Bihar's or MP's or Haryana's.

U are clearly not getting my point. They aint secure, on the contrary completely unsecure. If you go back couple of pages, i have given my cousins story who had a rope factory in Halol and they had to run out of Gujrat for fear of their lives. Now they have moved to canada and my cousin refuses to even come down to Mumbai. He still hasnt gotten over the trauma and completely despises the situation on the whole.

The point im trying to make here is, he lost everything in the riots just like 1000's others. Once u are left with nothing, i honestly dont think they care abt the politics of the region, what they want is security of their family and whatever they have with them left. There is no gujrat Model as such. You need to be there, live there to understand what these guys still go through and how after so many years have not been able to overcome their trauma.

What makes u say this "You make people economically secure; religion, caste, identity take a back seat" ????? Boss they aint secure and probably will never feel secure. They just want to live in peace and if that means Modi in power, so be it//////////

when bjp comes to power , would they do the same to the media houses ?
I think they will.

What's funny is that the media houses would want this themselves. Somebody has to pay the bills and running channels and printing newspaper is not so profitable anymore. I'm actually seeing this happen in some news-channels - a softening in the way Modi is presented. Maybe they feel the wind is blowing the other way, and are hedging their bets. Fence-sitters, you know.

Kya karein system hi aisa hai!

Everybody's glass is full !! There is no end to this as there is no dearth of articles that people on both sides can link to. Plus people having an opinion are plain stupid and what not in the eyes of the "proven" intellectuals here.

Attentional bias alert. This is how it usually ends when the "image" you're clinging to doesn't match up with the way the discussion is going forward.

No one has labeled themselves as intellectuals here, and everything everyone posts is an opinion, some just base it on facts, some on emotions, and maybe both in some cases.

#Aladdin - That's a rather veiled insult ! Pray tell who in your opinion are "proven" intellectuals. I don't think anyone has labelled themselves as intellectuals except for you !!! :p

I will vote for INC because Politics is in my pants, in my shirt and I believe we are a beehive.
I want Rahul Sir to be India of Prime Minister.

You keep harping the rhetoric that we should be proud of our culture and yet you throw doubts on Mahatma Gandhi who sacrificed his career for the freedom movement in India and died from the bullet of a religious zealot.

Actually Gandhi was the real communal element, his last words upon his death were "Hey Ram". If he was secular, he should have said "Ya Allah" or "Jesus Christ".

I will vote for INC because Politics is in my pants, in my shirt and I believe we are a beehive.
I want Rahul Sir to be India of Prime Minister.

Actually Gandhi was the real communal element, his last words upon his death were "Hey Ram". If he was secular, he should have said "Ya Allah" or "Jesus Christ".

actually it was a made up dialogue. everybody knows what he actually meant to say :p

actually it was a made up dialogue. everybody knows what he actually meant to say :p

Thats a very bold statement !!!

Any proof to what you say other than someone claiming to be his assistant many decades after the incident ?

And what is it that everybody knew what he actually meant to say. I am stupid and have no idea what he actually meant to say. :(

Thats a very bold statement !!!

Any proof to what you say other than someone claiming to be his assistant many decades after the incident ?

And what is it that everybody knew what he actually meant to say. I am stupid and have no idea what he actually meant to say. :(

he never said anything. but it was made to look that way(he said " hey ram") that M gandhi had forgiven him already (since he was a great man ).
Gandhi never uttered ‘Hey Ram’ when he was shot at” It is widely stated that Gandhiji invoked God saying, “Hey Ram” as he was assassinated. There was no possibility at all of his uttering a single syllable although he had often proclaimed that he would like to die with the name of Ram on his lips. This speculative comment by some enterprising, shrewd reporter has gained worldwide currency, the authenticity of which has never been verified. A monumental falsehood has been thrust into the mouth of the apostle of truth. Had he been sick or bed-ridden, he would have surely invoked Ram. But here he was denied that opportunity. It is indeed very strange that the commission that was appointed to probe into Gandhiji’s killing never thought of making any enquiries from any one of us who were so close to him on that day. In his last few days in his post-prayer speeches, Gandhiji had been repeatedly expressing the wish that God take him away since he did not want to be a silent witness to the monstrous barbarities that were going on in the country. I thought God had answered his prayer through the assassin. He had a glorious death while he was walking towards God and not on sick bed. He died without anguish, without pain for a moment.
http://www.gandhiworld.in/english/last 241.html
TIME: Can you explain how he created his mass following? Godse: The credit goes to him for maneuvering the media. He captured the press. That was essential. How Gandhi walked, when he smiled, how he waved — all these minor details that the people did not require were imposed upon them to create an atmosphere around Gandhi. And the more ignorant the masses, the more popular was Gandhi. So they always tried to keep the masses ignorant. TIME: But surely it takes more than good publicity to create a Gandhi? Godse: There is another thing. Generally in the Indian masses, people are attracted toward saintism. Gandhi was shrewd to use his saintdom for politics. After his death the government used him. The government knew that he was an enemy of Hindus, but they wanted to show that he was a staunch Hindu. So the first act they did was to put “Hey Ram” into Gandhi’s dead mouth. TIME: You mean that he did not say “Hey Ram” as he died? Godse: No, he did not say it. You see, it was an automatic pistol. It had a magazine for nine bullets but there were actually seven at that time. And once you pull the trigger, within a second, all the seven bullets had passed. When these bullets pass through crucial points like the heart, consciousness is finished. You have no strength.

As I said, this is the statement of a single person who has decided to recite this only a few years ago and many decades after the assassination.

Lets not forget that Gandhi never died on the spot. He passed away at Birla house. His secretary and niece all claim contrary to what V Kalyanam said.

And frankly I will never rely on the testimony of a fanatic and convicted murderer like Godse.

Finally its not really that important of what he said exactly. Most people say things inadvertantly in times of crisis like "Oh God" or "Hey Bhagvan" so its highly possible it was a knee jerk reaction that Gandhi said those words before he fell unconscious since he on many occasions said he would like to die with those words on his lips.

I know what I will say if I am ever shot at, "Aaaahhhhhhh....." - Period

I will vote for no one because I cannot as I don't have a Voter's ID.

As I said, this is the statement of a single person who has decided to recite this only a few years ago and many decades after the assassination.

Lets not forget that Gandhi never died on the spot. He passed away at Birla house. His secretary and niece all claim contrary to what V Kalyanam said.

And frankly I will never rely on the testimony of a fanatic and convicted murderer like Godse.

Finally its not really that important of what he said exactly. Most people say things inadvertantly in times of crisis like "Oh God" or "Hey Bhagvan" so its highly possible it was a knee jerk reaction that Gandhi said those words before he fell unconscious since he on many occasions said he would like to die with those words on his lips.
he never said he died on spot.
He merely said he had lost his consciousness by then, so no possibility of those utterences.

Anyways wont want to pursue that topic further.

he never said anything. but it was made to look that way(he said " hey ram") that M gandhi had forgiven him already (since he was a great man ).
http://www.gandhiworld.in/english/last 241.html

Had it been for a jury system in India, then Godse would have got a verdict of of not guilty.
Has anyone read the discourse delivered by Nathuram Godse in his defense?
He never challenged his conviction or his death sentence.

http://www.votebankpolitics.com/source/nvg/godselsp.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back