Windows 7 RC Observations & Screenshots

PhOeNiX said:
Installed myself yesterday. Gave usual trouble with 4GB RAM. so had to reinstall with 2GB and add the 2nd stick later. As such i am loving it till now :). Much smoother etc.

The usual trouble?

Am i missing something here?

I picked up the x64 iso from MSDN. No issues during install or after that with my RAM.

Well did a clean install of 7 RC 32bit on my lappy, everything went great like the beta version except the Quick play lights are not working especially the mute button. When you press it, it used to go Orange from blue. it works now too but does not turn orange, not a big problem but the visual thing was very useful........

Used to work with Beta perfectly. anyone facing same problem.
Have a Compaq Presario V3000 series....

K... all you people..were will you prefer me to download Windows 7 setup....

Its official site or from torrent....

In both case can somebody PM me the link ....I am on IPTorrent thankyou...

Planning to download today night itself....

Thankyou

RAM utillazation stays @ 40-55% in windows 7. I have 2GB ram.

Yaar someone ship me windows 7 RC DVD with key. I will pay for shipping and DVD. TIA.

stalker said:
I do know how that works thank you :)
And I have 4gigs of RAM in my rig

Then why that question?
Win7 prefetches commonly used files, you hav 4gb ram, and hence high usage..

On 1gb ram you wont find it generally going over 500mb..
Im using a prebeta build for more than abt 6-7months..its still the same usage..:D

I Did had a strange problem of Low FPS with Win7 . I get like 100fps constant with winxp in Couther strike , while when in Win7 it warries from 40 to 100. Its never constant. Dont know the reason.

Moreover , i did have driver issues installing my soundcard SBLive. had to use onbard Sound Drivers.

P.S. Msn Messenger never showed up in task bar when minimised.
How to put the connected icon of internet in taskbar?? (2 small computers)

Rockfella said:

Yaar someone ship me windows 7 RC DVD with key. I will pay for shipping and DVD. TIA.

I am going to NP in a couple of days. Can write you the dvd if you want. Shipping is too big of a hassle. :p

Ah... thanks bro. I am getting it tomorrow from Kauffman in saket. Appriciate it :)
..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
I am going to NP in a couple of days. Can write you the dvd if you want. Shipping is too big of a hassle. :p

i dunno if its the Catalyst 9.4 or win7 but I am getting higher fps in windows 7 compared to my xp, Tf2 on xp gives me 150fps, same settings on the 7 is giving me 300fps, anyone else see this increase ?

:rofl: us using fraps to bench? man lucky u!
Jasku said:
i dunno if its the Catalyst 9.4 or win7 but I am getting higher fps in windows 7 compared to my xp, Tf2 on xp gives me 150fps, same settings on the 7 is giving me 300fps, anyone else see this increase ?

Followup about the "holiday season release target" : Engineering Windows 7 : Our Next Engineering Milestone

Ultimately our partners will determine when their PCs are available in market. If the feedback and telemetry on Windows 7 match our expectations then we will enter the final phases of the RTM process in about 3 months. If we are successful in that, then we tracking to our shared goal of having PCs with Windows 7 available this Holiday season.

PS: Any way to disable all that "telemetry" in Win7 RC to boost performance? :)

Is there a way to disable the telemetry - yes (search for customer experience improvement program)

Will it speed anything up - not really.

Will it hurt to disable it - I suspect your action center may not show as many solutions to problems as often.

Rockfella said:

Mere Malik aap hukam karoo bass "Windows 7 RC kee DVD" hazir ho jayegee :eek:hyeah: Bade din ho gaye yaad nahi kiya sanns badi mushkil sai chal rahee hai,agar aap agya do to saans lai loo :p

Windows 7 Rocks in everything, very stable and powerful OS.

Back