X360 - Reset Glitch Hack thread

Re: The Reset Glitch Hack : A new exploit on Xbox 360 (read: JTAG re-born)

Normally, RGH gives problems?

Cause it looks like its not compatible with all the versions. After Ethan tests it then I guess we can come to some conclusion since he has a different version.

How can i find if my jasper is glitchable?? Mine has a manufacturing date as 20th aug 2009.. Will i be able to use this RGH hack on my machine??

navino87 said:
How can i find if my jasper is glitchable?? Mine has a manufacturing date as 20th aug 2009.. Will i be able to use this RGH hack on my machine??

You have a strong chance of having a glitchable console, unless it's a refurbished console from MS.

Ethan_Hunt said:
You have a strong chance of having a glitchable console, unless it's a refurbished console from MS.

Thx Ethan.. Reading few posts above, found you got the mfg date as 28th August 2009.. And mine is 20th August 2009.. So i guess i have a strong chance of having the same set of hardware as yours.. hope everything goes good for you now:hap2:

OK! So after a long day of research yesterday, I finally made some progress today on loading all the content and getting it to work. Let me start off by saying that the latest RC build of FSD is quite buggy. I also noticed that the brightness level was absurdly high on the FSD and within the game since the hack. Not sure if it's some setting I missed or a bug. That said, I was able to get the XBLA and standard games to boot off a thumb drive easily. DLC loading was a bit tricky, but then got that working this morning as well. This is certainly is not easy as it looks, but I think we'll need to go through the JTAG tutorials properly to understand certain concepts. But over-all I'm pretty happy with it. Just before I left for work, saw the Mass Effect 3 beta preview being upped for JTAG. Perfect timing, I would say. Will keep you updated about the progress. :D

So Ethan, anymore luck on testing? I am thinking of getting the hack done this weekend.

I'm actually waiting to grab a cheap deal on a portable HDD for the console. Once that's in order, I can start the major test. For now, everything else works exactly like JTAG except for the boot times (which is expected) and some FSD bugs, which I think should be ironed out in the next RXE update.

do you guys know any trasted online shop shipping to India?

May the force be with you (and you console). ;)

Where you guys sourcing cool runners ?? and any guys interested in bulk purchase of Xcuter NandPro+QSBs+CPLD+Cables from Xconsoles ?? We can save some shipping charges ,

My console is glitched now but its very buggy it glitches the first time but if console is shutdown it does not glitches quickly

do you using coolrunner? and where from you shipping your parts?

Got a few things worked out. Got FSD to recognise my internal drive contents properly listed by 'Clear data' option in Reset settings. Also got the save games re-signed with my current profile using Modio. MGS Peace Walker comes up with 'Fatal Error Intercepted' on dashlaunch 2.25, so might have to update to 2.26. Tried out the XDesk skin and though it looks awesome, the file manager interface seems to have a bug, wherein I can't exit out of it and it doesn't have a split pane windows to list the contents. Now all that's left to figure out is how to load box-art/covers properly.

Just in case for Box Art if you download the covers do not do a Clear Data as it would remove the covers too, also before downloading covers do a reset skin settings.

dinjo said:
Just in case for Box Art if you download the covers do not do a Clear Data as it would remove the covers too, also before downloading covers do a reset skin settings.
You're kidding me? I don't want to keep downloading those covers all over again. BTW did you find any website offering covers? What about dashlaunch 2.26?

Dash launch 2.26 can be updated directly, just copy the dash launch folder to the root of your xbox 360 mem unit and go to the "Installer" folder and inside that run the "default.xex" file and follow the instructions and after installation is done and reboot your console....

Ethan_Hunt said:
You're kidding me? I don't want to keep downloading those covers all over again. BTW did you find any website offering covers? What about dashlaunch 2.26?
I'll be connecting the console tonight to download covers , only website i found is covers.jqe360.com another point to note is certain themes do not support auto download of covers so check theme notes before installing.

We need Dean from PS3 Scene to develop a stable launcher

Back