ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

^ I'm on CM7 and I had the exact same issue yesterday as well. Restarted the router, though didn't work even then. I removed the saved wifi network from phone and added again, then it worked.

^^It may or may not be loud. I dont recommend spending more money on new earphones just for louder sound. Infact i suggest you get some earphones which have a volume rocker on earphones themselves and they should i guess be able to deliver louder sound.

Philips i know for sure has earphones with inline volume control. But those are not in-ear types.

Dell is updating the XCD35 only in their service centers. Your friend will have to take the phone there along with bill.
Huh? How stupid is that..
Why would you want to make life difficult for your customers as well as tax your own service center staff

ashu said:
@abhi : Thanks for reply. Can I expect loud sound with pl-11?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Ur EP630 is just loud enuf. A PL-11 wouldn't solve anything. The system volume is low, so cant do anything about it unless a video app comes with equalizer and preamp. :)

U can try one thing. While encoding the movies to watch on your phone, you can increase the volume. Try it on Windows Movie Maker or any similar video encoding tools :)

Guy,

I'm looking at the ZTE Blade as an Introduction to the world of Android. Is this the perfect choice at 10K approx?

Currently using a Nokia E63 as my Main phone and iPhone 2G as the secondary. Might sell the E63 and use it to fund part of the Blade. Original plans were to wait till Q3 and then splurge on a new iPhone, but really want another phone to play with as the iPhone is slow now as a toy/2nd Phone/time waster.

Please advise.

Muchos Gracias

^For Sub 10k option it is a very good choice and i would suggest you buy the Dell XCD35 as you will get Indian warranty too. Other options are there from LG (O1 etc) but personally as a brand of cellphones i stay away from LG so i don't prefer. But check out threads in this as well as Mobile buying section where people generally ask to choose between blade and O1 and read those and make an informed decision.

Guys, I had got a SanFran from UK. It fell from my bed and the earphone is giving me problems. Its giving me very unclear audio when the other person is speaking.

I want to get it repaired. Can anyone tell me any place in Delhi? Would the Dell service center people take it?(dont mind paying)

champrock said:
Guys, I had got a SanFran from UK. It fell from my bed and the earphone is giving me problems. Its giving me very unclear audio when the other person is speaking.

I want to get it repaired. Can anyone tell me any place in Delhi? Would the Dell service center people take it?(dont mind paying)

I don't think any authorized service center handles out of brand items, even though one is willing to pay (its against policy or something).

Nevertheless, no harm in trying. See here for locations

Dell India Carry In Service Mobile Support

^^I don't think dell service centers are gona repair any OSF or even a Dell XCD 35 :O

Because they are providing replacement warranty for the XCD35. That is they will replace it with another phone within the warranty period. Not like repair it and giving back to you.
But they are doing eclair to Froyo update at the service center.
So, maybe the service/repair is taking place in China or any other central service center in India. :p

champrock said:
then any other place you know where i can get it repaired?
I would suggest you first try with the Dell Carry In Service Mobile Support centers at Nehru Place. Go and visit both of them (do not call & ask).

If they say no, your best bet would be the local phone repairing shops.

The only thing that is stopping me from buying the XCD35 is lack of good accessories. All I need is a good leather/silicon cover.

On another note, I dont think under 10K there is anything better than this one. LG O1 is good but the resolution sucks.

I wish the XCD35 had good developer support, as LG has. :(

^^What do you mean by Developer support ?

If you check modaco forums, there are N number of ROMs being dished out for the Blade and even gingerbread ROMs are there.

Ok guys... My phone should come in tomorrow

This is for some of the knowledgeable and Blade experienced members. Phone will be used for well whatever a 'smartphone' is used for these days (Calling, texting and INTERNET) A couple of quick questions to get me started

1. Best custom rom (from your experience) FroYo and Gingerbread

2. What 8 or 16 gb Cards are compatible (That you may have used)

3. Any specific things that I should keep in mind.

4. Recommended apps

I would like to try and keep this phone as fast and snappy as possible.

I have read most of this thread as well as the newbie threads on Modaco, but first hand experiences count for more.

TIA

dafreaking said:
Ok guys... My phone should come in tomorrow

This is for some of the knowledgeable and Blade experienced members. Phone will be used for well whatever a 'smartphone' is used for these days (Calling, texting and INTERNET) A couple of quick questions to get me started

1. Best custom rom (from your experience) FroYo and Gingerbread
2. What 8 or 16 gb Cards are compatible (That you may have used)
3. Any specific things that I should keep in mind.
4. Recommended apps

I would like to try and keep this phone as fast and snappy as possible.

I have read most of this thread as well as the newbie threads on Modaco, but first hand experiences count for more.

TIA
1 - Best Froyo ROM is Swedish Spring RLS 5
Best Gingerbread ROM is CM7 (The only Gingerbread ROM AFAIK)

I personally prefer CM7, try both and see what you like.

2 - Most 8 Gb cards will work, but there are a few 16 Gb ones that do not. I'm using the 8 Gb Sandisk card that came with my Nokia 5800.

3 - Be careful while playing with custom Roms. First determine the generation of your Blade using Mr Pingfish app (available in Modaco) and then choose the ROM accordingly. Do not TPT a Gen 2 blade with a Gen 1 file for conversion, it may brick the phone.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Question is, if I buy xcd35, would I be able to use the ROMs developed for blade ? I don't think so. Would love to be corrected though.
Yes you can. They're the same phone.

Back