ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

^ It's been in development for over a month. The main problem they're facing is finding compatible drivers for Adreno 200 since Google won't be releasing an official update for the Nexus One which has the same GPU. Anyway, I guess it should be another 15 days before we get a ROM with most of the functionality working. Lack of 2 point touch is one of the main reasons why I'm not flashing the alpha build right now. I'm okay with no stock browser, no gallery, etc.

raksrules said:
ROM is CM7 Nightly 257.
Any way i can change the locale to US (assuming it is something else) ??
I tried with editing the build.prop the only thing i could do was that make the PC and other stuff recognize it as dell xcd35.. still didnt see the app you are looking for in the market :( .

I tried the BOA app on my pc android market and it says it's incompatible with my registered blade as well as my xperia play which is either set to india or uk. Says it cannot be installed in that country. So you'd need a device properly registered to the US.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

OK i was able to download the BOA app via applanet, but it's version 2.12 vs the latest 3.2. And the update shows no results. You can try it from applanet or pm me your email and i'll mail you the old apk.

melv1nratedr said:
A n00b question: Is this "Sej's xxx build" same as CM nightly 257?

Sej, burstlam and targetbsp's builds are kangs of cm. They have a lot of added and probably untested features over the regular nightlies.

Julian said:
I tried the BOA app on my pc android market and it says it's incompatible with my registered blade as well as my xperia play which is either set to india or uk. Says it cannot be installed in that country. So you'd need a device properly registered to the US.

OK i was able to download the BOA app via applanet, but it's version 2.12 vs the latest 3.2. And the update shows no results. You can try it from applanet or pm me your email and i'll mail you the old apk.

I know that i will be able to download BOA from applanet or other such places but this being a banking app, i do not want to risk installing it from such places.

Not sure how i was able to download it using my earlier ROM (GSF).

If anyone here can download the Bank Of America app using official android market only, then i would request you to send me the APK.

Why not backup your current rom, install gsf, download the app, save the apk, restore your current backup and finally install the apk. phew!

@^ that will be easier... And just use root Uninstaller or something similar to get the apk :) and send it over blue tooth.

Sent from my XCD35 using Tapatalk

raksrules said:
If anyone does try the CM9 on their blades, would appreciate if you can put some screenshots here.

screenshot2011122309211.png

Took only one screenshot before reverting back to CM7.

^Still in alpha na, will take a while for it to become stable.

What's not working:

- Stock browser (other browsers are ok)

- No CM settings yet

- FM radio (maybe it could work with a right application)

- Some Google apps force closes

- !No built in filemanager!

- Camera

- Youtube

- Google Earth

I really recommend this ROM if you want to try ICS but Gingerbread is still much smoother!

Lack of multi touch (currently) is the biggest reason why I haven't flashed CM9 yet. Also, some people are facing issues with root apps such as Titanium Backup.

logistopath said:
^^ ANy particular reason to revert back to CM7?

Alot of things don't work- Multi-touch, Gallery, Stock browser and there also was alot of lag.

But it was very stable.

pageisgod85 said:
Lack of multi touch (currently) is the biggest reason why I haven't flashed CM9 yet. Also, some people are facing issues with root apps such as Titanium Backup.

I had no problems with su, I OC'd and also used titanium backup.

Oh cool. Do apps like QuickPic work? I do not use the laggy stock Android gallery anyway. Also, did you create a 210MB partition in order to install this ROM?

pageisgod85 said:
Oh cool. Do apps like QuickPic work? I do not use the laggy stock Android gallery anyway. Also, did you create a 210MB partition in order to install this ROM?
I haven't made any changes to the partitioning since I got my new phone, I think the system is 160MB. The whole interface is not that smooth.

I have no idea about quickpic.

Flash it only if you want to try ICS, there is no point in flashing it for 24/7 usage.

Back