Airtel & MTNL Broadband double speeds @ Delhi

mohitkumar said:
I have 2mbps unlimited. Will it also be upgraded to 4 mbps or they will reduce the price of current 2mbps unlimited. I called CC but they dont know what will happen to customers who have 2mbps unlimited. Anybody been upgraded to 4mbps from 2mbps ????

Nope. No one as yet.

Is anyone else getting really bad slow downs on MTNL in the evenings? I get excellent speed during the day but evening and night its starting to crawl. :(

Browsing still works fine but downloads are totally choked.

mohitkumar said:
I have 2mbps unlimited. Will it also be upgraded to 4 mbps or they will reduce the price of current 2mbps unlimited. I called CC but they dont know what will happen to customers who have 2mbps unlimited. Anybody been upgraded to 4mbps from 2mbps ????

what plan are you on ?

i guess now its my time to switch to MTNL from airtel.... 1099+taxes for 512kbps with 40gb FUP. i dont think its worth paying that much for 40gb limit.

but can anyone please tell me has the CC of MTNL got better or still crappy as it was previously.

CC is still as crappy as ever. But normally you dont need it. They tend to change the device rather than to set it up. So go for the MTNL device. Incase the net is down, no amount of calls to CC would put it up. But it is normally due to some network failure which is repaired by them.

But it is a lot more transparent and better than Airtel. No hanky panky stuff like FUP. Also no charge for upload! Everything is clearly mentioned on the site in a table format. So you can compare the tariff plan easily. Airtel actually tries to confuse the consumer with some funny add-on etc. Imagine charging more and putting a FUP limit ---Then calling it a unlimited plan.

So I guess atleast I can live with the crappy CC service because it is rarely required. Mostly the problem is at the user end, which can be rectified if the user is capable. Most of the problems of connection are due the noise in the lines. (They dont change the wire even if they have to put 10 joints!). But a call to 198 is extremely effective!!! But it has to be done every 3 months! (normally rectified the same day)

MTNL if you want to save on moolah. Airtel if you can spend more. If CC is very important (and you have the cash), you can buy another Airtel connection once you reach the FUP limit.:eek:hyeah: hehehehe ...........

hunterjack said:
i guess now its my time to switch to MTNL from airtel.... 1099+taxes for 512kbps with 40gb FUP. i dont think its worth paying that much for 40gb limit.
but can anyone please tell me has the CC of MTNL got better or still crappy as it was previously.

aww come on now, this stuff takes some time, cut MTNL some slack will ya?

you guys waited for these kind of plans for years and now you are b**ching over a few extra days.:\

M sick of BSNL now... the competition is offering 512kbps @ 700 and m stuck at 256kbps for 750 bucks a month for over 3 years now!

MTNL... teach something to BSNL!

Still on 256 Kbps in South Delhi.

I am now getting pissed.

20th, or at the latest, 30th. After that I am going to do something drastic...

got my double speed in safderjung enclave

Exchange bhikaji kama palace

manu1991 said:
No, Timarpur exchange, I had called the CC day before yesterday and the lady said that the complete rollout would be done only by the 20th.

Hmmm its 20th march now and still getting 512kbps speed. lol

Back