Airtel Speed Upgraded?

Srirama said:
Sir/Madam,

My landline number is : XXX-XXXXXXXX

My Broadband plan : Turbo 1299

I am currently having 512kbps day and 1mbps night,ACCORDING TO AIRTEL MY SPEEDS

SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOUBLED BY JULY.

They have not,

Please do the needful and change it to 1mbps day,and 2mbps night.

Most of my friends are enjoying double speeds,and are paying lesser for a much

better speed than mine.

Please do look into the above matter,if this issue is not resolved.I’m sorry to

say this i will have to look at other broadband providers

REPLY:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to Airtel Telemedia Services.

With reference to your e-mail dated 06/08/ 2010, you have expressed your concern regarding plan migration for Airtel Fixed line 044-42135734

We regret inform you that we do not have such plans

However we would like to inform you that please visit our Airtel website www.airtel.in.For more plan details

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and fruitful association with you.

For any further assistance please mail us at 121@airtel.in

Warm Regards,

Vishwajith

Customer Care Executive

Bharati Airtel Limited.
WHY DID YOU EVEN NEED TO INTO SUCH DETAIL

just mail them that your speed hasn't been doubled and if they say they won't reply that everybody speed has been doubled and you were promised the same in june

Mate,did so many times..before no result,

usual crap by CC,saying not applicable to differential speed plans.

One idiot said "Sir,you are already enjoying double speed benefits at night,what is your problem". :mad:

so sent this mail.

Srirama said:
Mate,did so many times..before no result,

usual crap by CC,saying not applicable to differential speed plans.

One idiot said "Sir,you are already enjoying double speed benefits at night,what is your problem". :mad:

so sent this mail.
alrite now

just once more mail them the following

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WECARE.EAST@AIRTEL.IN(or whatever region mail address they have given you

SUBject: SPEED NOT DOUBLED

Hello,I am an Airtel Broadband customer.I am writing this letter to address the issue of airtel connection's speed not doubling.

My broadband speed has not been doubled whereas everybody else has gotten doubled speeds since June 2010.I would like to know the due date or my speed doubling and the reason why it hasn't been done till now.

Airtel Broadband Customer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

don't mention anything like ur name,ph.no.

if you give them all then they will have it fully loaded to bbash you back.when the reply comes post it here and we will reply them

hey my speed was doubled last week and i was getting downloads at 300 kbps at night. now i am back to 1mbps..... wats the prob? i thought this was permanent :(

Shankar said:
hey my speed was doubled last week and i was getting downloads at 300 kbps at night. now i am back to 1mbps..... wats the prob? i thought this was permanent :(

Check your a/c details and see how much data was downloaded. FUP might have been applied.

@brickhouse

Airtel does not process emails,without a airtel landline number.

So specified that alone extra.

I got an acknowledgement,now wait and watch..

Srirama said:
@brickhouse

Ok i dont no How but i am getting 2MBPS !!!!!!!!! now iam on the 1299plan :O

Srirama said:
@brickhouse

yes they don't but my point was to bug them and make your conversation longer and then get their attention

Thanks brickhouse.

I am on 384kbps/1Mbps plan and my speed is not doubled, so sent a email like you have said, got a reply saying 'we cannot process as the tel no. is not mentioned'. Then I replied back with details and today they called and apologized for the delay, and promised me it will be done within a week.

This is the very proof that dual speed plans are eligible for speed doubling.

dreamCatcher said:
Thanks brickhouse.

I am on 384kbps/1Mbps plan and my speed is not doubled, so sent a email like you have said, got a reply saying 'we cannot process as the tel no. is not mentioned'. Then I replied back with details and today they called and apologized for the delay, and promised me it will be done within a week.

This is the very proof that dual speed plans are eligible for speed doubling.
congrats lets now hope they keep their promise

@ Srirama

As someone had mentioned earlier that a third party company had called him for feedback on Airtel, I too received a call somewhere in mid June. The very next day my speed was bumped up to 2 Mbps (yes 2 Mbps) during day and the same 1 Mbps at night. This is an indication that it was not a spike and was purposely bumped up. If it was just a spike it would have lasted the whole day. Anyway, a few days later my line went dead and the visiting technician repaired the line and he confirmed to me that my speed has been increased. But, unfortunately before he could fill the online report, we had a power failure and he asked his back end coordinator to fill the report. And that was the last time I experienced 2 Mbps on my line :(.

So, I wrote all this in the mail and explained on the call as well. He promised me I can expect it to be increased to at least 1 Mbps day time and night speed might go up to 2 Mbps but, he was not sure. :)

From yesterday my 1mbps connections has been spikes to 2mbps. Any ideas? I am on a 1099(512kbps)+100(1mbps now) plan with 40GB FUP(got FUP'd 2 weeks back).

should i call up airtel cc?!

^^mine also dude, i am getting 2MBPS(same plan as urs) from yesterday.. i think its due to independence day..last time they had increased it on the same day.

I have had no response from airtel so far,its really dumb that i am paying rs 1299 for 512 day and 1meg at night...others speed have doubled,and are getting better speeds for a lower rate.

I just dont get these airtel guys,and what they are trying to do

If nothing is done inside a week,i am surely going to disconnect Airtel broadband

Back