Airtel Xstream Fiber Experience (Direct Cities)

This is my bill for July month for Airtel Black 999 plan (200mbps acc to plan, I get gigabit)
Includes Airtel Xtream DTH, Landline and Fiber.
I have opted for static IP as well (shown as ₹99 add on in landline bill)

Total is ₹1022 incl GST.
IMG_20220816_163716.jpg

@napstersquest How long have you been using Airtel? The 999 plan alone costs around ₹1178 including GST. You even have static IP and DTH included.
Can you share the itemised bill hiding your details?

Which router i should request as i placed an order for airtel dth+fiber connection. ZTE and Nokia is the option i guess atm.
Are you planning to use another router with it (putting Airtel provided one into bridge mode?)
If yes, then get the default Sercomm (the black one that looks like a DTH box). It is pretty easy to configure and range is good. Only downside is, if you plan to use it as the main router, then you can't configure more than 8 port forwarding rules (as it was on the firmware when I tested. Not sure if it has been updated)

Nokia has good range but it's admin panel takes forever to load and to apply changes.
ZTE and Huawei are good too (I think Huawei has only 2 LAN ports)

Are you planning to use another router with it (putting Airtel provided one into bridge mode?)
If yes, then get the default Sercomm (the black one that looks like a DTH box). It is pretty easy to configure and range is good. Only downside is, if you plan to use it as the main router, then you can't configure more than 8 port forwarding rules (as it was on the firmware when I tested. Not sure if it has been updated)

Nokia has good range but it's admin panel takes forever to load and to apply changes.
ZTE and Huawei are good too (I think Huawei has only 2 LAN ports)
Installation team denied the possibility of getting other than Nokia one. [emoji855]

Just activated static IP and getting over 500Mbps but only on peered network like Steam, PlayStore, etc.
Downloading from sites like Zippyshare or torrent is giving me usual 130Mbps on my 100Mbps plan.
Probably going to drop it before billing cycle ends because extra Rs240 is not worth it for just Steam.
Can I convince Airtel to drop static IP's price from 199 to 99?
They provide this price to old customers.

Airtel xtreme premium is really nice, i kept ignoring it, installed it on firestick. 14 ott, lot of contents. If you guys have airtel BB, check if you are eligible for airtel xtreme premium. Free under your plan.

Last edited:
How to downgrade to lower plan? I have a 100 mbps plan and now looking to downgrade but can't find any option in the app. There is only option to upgrade. I called ghd helpline, even there there is only option to upgrade!

Finally got the Airtel connection in my home city. I just used to keep trying in Airtel app since last 1.5 yrs ever since it reached in my city, got lucky this time. Although Jio was available since last few months but terrible quality of Jio router kept me from opting for it.
Put the query for connection in morning, got the call in 45 mins confirming that it's available in my area. By 12 p.m all the documentation was done and the connection was up by evening (would have been up by mid-noon but there was some issue at their store in issuing material)

I've received the Nokia router, plan is 899 for 100Mbps. Speeds are 120-125, ping to Dota servers in SE asia is approx 65ms. Connection has been rock solid in last 15 days with zero down time(As it should be) and what a relief from local provider's poorly routed connection which also featured atleast 1-2 five minute+ downtime everyday and once a week an hour+ downtime.

Nokia router is working great, very decent range for 5Ghz and I think a better placement can further improve it.

I was having terrible time watching any videos on twitter & reditt without a VPN on my last connection and that has been mostly been sorted on Airtel but of late it has been plaguing me again although not as severely as before but the videos buffer quite a bit and downgrade in quality. Any one else facing this ?

Back