Camera All newbie/starter entry level DSLR information

Status
Not open for further replies.
the dealer quoted me 26.3k for nikon d3000....

the dealer quoted 27k inclusive for canon 20is with bag...i am little confused here..which one should i buy...?????? what u guys suggest???

how is canon sx1 IS???

Buying DSLR means lot of costly lenses and other accesories. If you are willing to take photography as a serious hobby get the DSLR else ... you know what to do :).

HTH

i think i should go for super zoom camera...me being a dentist i dont think i can give time to photography neither do i travel much.....so buying a dslr will not be a good idea for me....canu guys tell me how is the fujifilm finepix camera????????

canon sx20is is also a very good option....both canon sx20is and fz35 are equal...but i like the articulatedl lcd and the heavy weight and dslr like feel of canon....

blufox said:
Buying DSLR means lot of costly lenses and other accesories. If you are willing to take photography as a serious hobby get the DSLR else ... you know what to do :).

HTH

It may bot be always true...If you want good control from pics apart from default settings then DSLR is the only way to go

Also i would say Hobby is a hobby there is nothing called serious hobby.. no offense meant

dslr are for those who are serious abt photography .i know myself my interst will vanish after i come back from the trip........so i think i should stick to superzoom cameras

Dark Messiah said:
It may bot be always true...If you want good control from pics apart from default settings then DSLR is the only way to go

Also i would say Hobby is a hobby there is nothing called serious hobby.. no offense meant

Correct, good PnS these give you manual control which are more than enough, why get DSLR then, if you want it just for casual shooting.

But if you are serious about quality and are a control freak like me... DSLR is the way to go.

And no offense taken Messiah, I am not a 16 year old teenage kid :). I understand your point very well and appreciate it.

Cu,

The Pentax K-x review has been posted on dpreview. It's got the Highly Recommended rating.
Pentax K-x Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

Main Pros:
Class-leading image quality in low light, very good retention of fine detail at high ISOs.
11-point AF system with flexible AF-point selection(excellent for an entry level model).
Fastest shutter speed 1/6000 compared to 1/4000 on the competition.
Very attractive price point.

Main Cons:
Tendency to clip highlights in high-contrast scenes (highlight range low compared to peers). Further aggravated by relatively low headroom in RAW files. Need to monitor exposure carefully and use negative exposure compensation when needed to avoid blown highlights.
No visible AF points in viewfinder.
In-body image stabilization not as effective as competition.

How about a Nikon D40. I am also a beginner and planning to buy a DSLR. Did some research and most of them D40 users are quite happy with the camera. Also it is only 6mp which is perfect as it occupies less space and most of us here do not take large prints. Only gripe according to some users is the 3 point AF when compared to the 11 point AF in D3000(i have no clue what that is). But i am looking for a used D40 to hone my photography skills.

Hey!

This might sound funny and very trivial but lately I have been on a watch for buying a good camera bag for my Nikon D3000 with the lens kit.

I found this particular bag called Case Logic : DCB-56. I bought it since I trust Case Logic and I found the camera bag quite reasonable.

case-logic-dcb56.90417.2.jpg

Now my camera fits fine with the lens kit. I have inserted my camera the same way but the problem is when the bag is upright like shown in the pic, the lens is attached to the camera so the weight of the camera is on the lens kit. Is this thing arrangement alright or there are chances that I might damage the lens kit in some way while carrying it around ?

Thx

Hmm, after some reading, going through DPreview, have decided to go for an entry level DSLR. Have narrowed the options to Canon EOS450D and Nikon D3000, so any idea of the pricing of Nikon D3000, the Canon is available for 29K with kit lenses with Mediahome.

What are your opinions, considering the fact I have no expereince in photography apart from the interest in ogling at the wonderful pictures taken in TE as well as a few photo-blog sites :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back